• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is BOMA worth it?

PixieT78

Mouseketeer
I can't decide whether to keep our ADR for Boma or not. We have it booked for 6:00 dinner on our last day (we leave early the next morning). Our plan is to do Animal Kingdom that day (our only AK day) and we want to be at MK for the MSEP and Wishes, as well as evening EMH. We will have a car and it is just DH and I.

Part of me thinks we should just do quick service that day - either at AK or once we get to MK. That would give us the flexibility if we want to leave AK earlier than 5 or if the ADR would make us too tight for time to make it to MK. Then we'd either drop the dining plan completely (not free dining) or we could make up the TS dinner at DHS earlier in our trip.

The other part of me does want to try Boma as it seems like most people enjoy it and it is pretty different than anything else you can get at WDW.

Is BOMA worth it enough to keep it? Would it be better to just do Sci-Fi or 50s Prime Time cafe on our only full DHS day instead, if we stuck with the DP?

TIA!

Have not yet eaten at Sci Fi or 50s (planning for our next trip), but LOVE Boma's! I went on a solo trip in February, and even though I was there for only 3 days, I still went to Boma's for dinner after finishing up at AK. I think it is worth it, but all might not agree. I love my park time, but I also enjoy the food :)

I can't decide whether to keep our ADR for Boma or not. We have it booked for 6:00 dinner on our last day (we leave early the next morning). Our plan is to do Animal Kingdom that day (our only AK day) and we want to be at MK for the MSEP and Wishes, as well as evening EMH. We will have a car and it is just DH and I.

Part of me thinks we should just do quick service that day - either at AK or once we get to MK. That would give us the flexibility if we want to leave AK earlier than 5 or if the ADR would make us too tight for time to make it to MK. Then we'd either drop the dining plan completely (not free dining) or we could make up the TS dinner at DHS earlier in our trip.

The other part of me does want to try Boma as it seems like most people enjoy it and it is pretty different than anything else you can get at WDW.

Is BOMA worth it enough to keep it? Would it be better to just do Sci-Fi or 50s Prime Time cafe on our only full DHS day instead, if we stuck with the DP?

TIA!

Everyone is different, but for us, Boma is definitely worth it. It's one of our favorites and is a must do for us every trip, so I vote to keep it.

We didn't love it, and we are pretty adventurous, yet easy to please eaters. We loved 50s Prime Time, though. We will skip Bona from here on out.

It is not my favorite however the rest of my family loves it. I would go there before 50s Primetime.

I've said in another thread - when the news report tells us that we're getting hit by an asteroid, we're getting an ADR the night before the impact at Boma.

So yeah, I'd say Boma is worth it!

We didn't care for Boma all the much. It was one of things that you hear so much about, tried it and moved on. We're not picky eaters, especially my husband. He'll eat just about anything but even he had a little difficult time there. We wouldn't go back. Been to both Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time and thought they were both good.

We ate at Boma and sci-fi last fall and we did not care for sci-fi at all. That being said, our dinner at Boma took a few hours. We were not seated right away. I think if I had plans for the night, I'd stick to QS

We defiantly did not like boma. Was good to try but the spices just didn't work for me.

our dinner at Boma took a few hours. We were not seated right away. I think if I had plans for the night, I'd stick to QS

Agree with this!

Boma is excellent! SciFi and 50's Prime Time are good too, but not really a good bang for your buck on the dining plan if that kind of thing is important to you.

Boma is awesome.It is one of our favorite places in WDW.It reallt all depends on if you want an interactive meal or a move at your own pace meal.Plus being able to explore AKL is always a plus!

I am not a big fan of buffet restaurants and the foods they slap on a steam table for the masses, but Boma is one of the exceptions. I would not call it "great" food, but it is good and would not hesitate to return in the future. :goodvibes

My husband and I really liked Boma. DD12 liked Boma. DD29 ate off of the children's section of the buffet. Next trip, DH, DSiL, 2 friends, and I are eating at Boma while my daughters go elsewhere for some sister time. DD29 is thinking T-Rex or Rainforest, DD12 is thinking Kona or The Wave.

Boma is way better than SciFi. SciFi's food is just OK - you're paying for the atmosphere and I personally don't like sitting in a car with other people I don't know. 50s prime time is OK if you want someone nagging you and that's fun to you. Not for me.

Boma is the best restaurant on property for the price (value for the money) for me. I wouldn't miss it.

BOMA has my favorite breakfast in all WDW. I haven't been for the dinner buffet, but I'm sure it's good. However, given your schedule I would skip it--too rushed to go from AK to AKL and then to MK to make the Parade and Fireworks. Car is a plus for most things except when going to MK--you park at lot and then have to take tram and then either monorail or boat.

Of course, I would never use BOMA and Sci Fi and 50's Prime Time in the same sentence--not in the same league at all. Both Sci Fi and 50's have great atmosphere though--I prefer 50's personally--but can't vouch for the food very much. Not that you were really comparing them.:goodvibes

Is BOMA worth it? YES!!! Worth is different to everyone, but for myself & my family BOMA is great. We try to eat here every trip. We really enjoy it.

BOMA is definitely worth it. Yes, it's an "all you can eat" buffet but we like to think of it as an opportunity to try exotic flavors without committing to just one entrée. My family of 4 (including 2 teenage boys) love it. We have eaten there just twice, but it is one of our flavorite (typo intended) WDW restaurants.

BUT, the bigger question for you is will it be too busy of a day. Since, it's just the two of you, if you like to pack in as much as you can, then I would say go for it. Although you might want to move the ADR to 5:30 to give you a little more time to get to MK for MSEP.

With all things Disney...because of the hype on these boards, don't go in expecting it to change your world...just go hoping it will be a decent meal of some new flavors and you won't be disappointed.

BOMA is definitely worth it. Yes, it's an "all you can eat" buffet but we like to think of it as an opportunity to try exotic flavors without committing to just one entrée. My family of 4 (including 2 teenage boys) love it. We have eaten there just twice, but it is one of our flavorite (typo intended) WDW restaurants.

BUT, the bigger question for you is will it be too busy of a day. Since, it's just the two of you, if you like to pack in as much as you can, then I would say go for it. Although you might want to move the ADR to 5:30 to give you a little more time to get to MK for MSEP.

With all things Disney...because of the hype on these boards, don't go in expecting it to change your world...just go hoping it will be a decent meal of some new flavors and you won't be disappointed.

Agree completely! It's such a great way to try African flavors. And if you don't like something, no biggie, just go back up to the buffet and try something else. (But we liked EVERYTHING.) We love to try new restaurants each trip, with the exception of Boma. Ever since our first dinner there in 2009, we return to Boma every trip!

We tried Boma for the first time this trip but I have to say it was our least favorite meal of the trip. Maybe we were expecting too much as we love Sanaa and have been very excited to try Boma. Our other restaurants in order of what we liked best were:

Yachtsman Steakhouse
Trail's End Dinner - This is a great buffet to do OOP at only $26 we were really mega surprised how much we liked it.
Kona Cafe - Always great
Be Our Guest Dinner
Sanaa
Crystal Palace Breakfast
1900 Park Fare Breakfast
50's Prime Time
Tutto Italia
Tepan Edo
Chef's de France
and Boma came in last for us, not a distant last, just our least favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter