Is Buzz for Boys back yet?

j-me

Mouseketeer
Wondering if you are back from your MAW trip? And tell us all about it.
Can't wait!!

I have been waiting for buzz for boys to come back also!!!!! Can't wait to here all about their trip!

Hi ,
Sorry I got back on 3/16 completly missed this post !!
About the trip where can I start everything about GKTW is amazing and we had an absolutly brilliant week with them in fact my DS crys every night to go back to the ice cream palace.

I have to say that all the parks we went to made us feel so special and my DS was so impressed when he was lead to seperate rooms with some of the characters for a personalised meet and greet.

I have not seen my family this relaxed in over two years and the whole experience has really made us re unite as a family.

I am more than happy to answer anyones questions on GKTW. I had so many questions and worries before I went but non of them were founded when we got there and nobody judges anybody else as everyone is in the same boat and are there to have a good time. In fact the atmosphere at GKTW is electric.
Louise x x x :wave2: :banana: :grouphug:

I am so glad that ya'll had a great time. I can totally relate to you DS crying each night to go to the Ice Cream Palace. I miss that too!!!

:cool1: We have 41 more days until we go WHOOHOO :Pinkbounc
Can't wait, If I think of any more questions I'll be sure to ask you!

GKTW is the only place on earth where it is perfectly acceptable to have 2 bowls of ice cream each day for breakfast!!
WE have just got DS a picture of ice cream palace for his bedroom wall, We have also told him that he will have to put up with boring ice cream for a while until we can go back.

buzz for boys said:
GKTW is the only place on earth where it is perfectly acceptable to have 2 bowls of ice cream each day for breakfast!!
Sounds good to me!
Glad to hear you had a good time (and got connected to each other - that's the best part of a vacation).

Buzz for boys I do have a ? for you, what type of clothes did you pack(shorts,pants,tank tops?) I want to pack very light and with the village having washing machines that is going to be very helpful! Was the weather warm enough to wear shorts every day? What about night time? And I know there is a walmart just down the road from the village so If I should forget something ( which I'm sure I will) we can just get it there. And once you get there(gktw) was there something that you wished you would have brought but didn't think about it until you arrived? Did you sign up for the video camera? We want to do this, but do you sign up for it as soon as you get there or do you have to wait until the orientation? AND what are the must do's that we should not miss?
:hourglass Time is going so slow!!!!

Hi,
We packed really light and did find the washing machine and dryers really useful - never brought any washing back with us for a change!! We had a couple of really chilly days where we had to go to walmart to buy a pair of jeans and a fleece jacket but on the whole the days were lovely and warm. The evenings did go chilly though and we did wear our fleece jackets every evening. I took our denim jackets and they were just not warm enough at all.I would suggest a warm outfit for each person just so that you are covered for that unexpected cold day.

We did use the video camera from GKTW because I forgot to pick the charger up for our camera ( Thats the one thing we forgot I was so Gutted ) the GKTW video cameras were very easy to use and we signed up for it the day before we wanted it - You keep it for 2 days and then when you return it they put it onto DVD for you to take home. Its a really nice momento of your trip.

Must do's ; I am not sure how old your children are but mine are 2,4&6 so if thats about right then I can tell you what mine enjoyed if yours are older let me know and ill tell you what I think they will prob enjoy the most ;

Brekfast for Ice cream is a must the smile on the boys faces when they actually realised they could was priceless!!

Dino MIni Putt is a great laugh and you must have your camera ready when the children go to retrieve their ball.

Mayor Clayton tuck in - My boys loved this Mayor Clayton kept them laughing for a good twenty minutes with his antics and for the first night ever my DS stayed in bed and slept throughthe night.

Xmas eve in GKTW on a thursday night is amazing and I would strongly reccomend that you do this.

Our best memory of the parks is the spiderman breakfast at universal - it was truly amazing and well worth it if your have a child into spiderman.

Another piece of advice is always carry your camera with you even in the village as there is always something going on and on the occasions we forgot it we really wished we had it with us even dinner in gingerbread house can be interrupted by Mayor Clayton.

Thanks for the tips and must-do's, ds is 9 and dd is 7, so that's not to far off from your group. Did you have to make a ps for the spiderman breakfast? Also, did they supply enough detergant to do your laundry, or did you buy some of your own? :smooth:

Hi buzz for boys!
So glad you had a great time and were able to relax as a family! I wondered if I could ask a few questions? My oldest is tube fed and my youngest is off a tube but does have a lot of feeding problems. Can you remember what kinds of things the restaurant at GKTW had to eat? My coordinator said she would give me their number to call and ask when it got closer, but I thought I would ask you for a head's up. Thankfully, icecream is one of the couple things my oldest can eat so we are looking forward to it!
We are also hoping to do the spidey breakfast. Can you tell me any more? Do you remember if they had oatmeal or yougurt? We are driving down and I'm trying to get a feel for how much food we should bring with for my youngest. Most of the kids menus for the parks had hotdogs and chicken fingers and that won't work for us.
I am planning to bring our camcorder. Do you know if they will transfer it to video if you bring your own?
We are really looking forward to October! Thanks again for sharing!

Hi all,
Im afraid that I cant really answer questions about food my Ds does not eat much but he is no longer tubefed so we did not need to find out about suitable food. All the restaurants we stopped at had yoghurt on offer as my son favours a smooth diet we did find that out. I am sure that the restaurant at GKTW would accomadate and can remember seeing people collecting special orders some looked like it had been specially prepared.
The spidey breakfast was great fun and as my son would not eat much and didnt they did not charge for him - he only had a yoghurt.
Spiderman spent a lot of time at our table when he saw our GKTW badge and treated the boys to loads of interaction. When we were there we also saw Cat in the Hat and Wolverine. From an adult point of view the food was above average and there was plenty to choose from.
We did make our own ps for this and be warned they take credit card details and you have to cancel 48 hours in advance. We mentioned about our feeding problems when we reserved and they were able to answer our questions then.
Again im not sure if they will transfer if it is your own camera but if they can im sure they will all their equipment is sony so you will ahve more chance if your camcorder is a Sony. Ours was a Canon and they could not help us charge a battery as they did not have the right equipment.
The laundry detergent supplied looked like enough for about five loads but you can ask for more if you need it ! We did not use it as my boys have sensitive skin so to be on the safe side we used our usual brand. The detergent there is supplied by TIDE.
Sorry I feel like I have not been much help with your questions if you like i can email you th etelephone number of GKTW a sim sure that someone there would put your mind at rest!!

Thanks for your imput again! I will plan on calling GKTW when it gets closer to our departure to get the latest info on the meals. My son will be so thrilled to see spiderman! We are really getting excited about our trip even though October is months away. It's great hearing about everyone else's trips!

Question about the spidey breakfast.
I noticed you said its at universal, which restaraunt.

I'm a newbie when it comes to universal, as we only went to one of the parks like 3 years ago.

I think my husband might like this.
Is this a character breakfast like at disney or is it something special for the GTKTW people?

Thanks,
Connie

Hi its at confiscos in Universal and is a character breakfast open to all my husband loved it as much as the boys did. I also enjoyed Spidey he wears a very tight lycra suit and was good for a giggle . The telephone number to phone to make a ps is 407-224-4012. Have a credit card to hand though as they do take details.
Hope that helps x x x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter