• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is California Screamin as bad as Rockin Rollar Coaster?

Glendamax

<font color=blue>LOVES Old English Roses china at
Ok DISers, now I want to know if the sudden take-off on California Screamin is as fast/sudden as Rockin Rollar Coaster at Orlando's Hollywood Studios.

I'm fine with the actual ride on RR - going upside down does not bother me. But that sudden take-off is THEE worst thing ever! So If you've been on both, please tell me how the take-offs compare! Thanks!

I think they are very similar as far as speed goes but on RR you can't see ahead so that might feel more scary to you. I think they are both fairly thrilling as far as the take off goes.

I think they are similar, but you are outdoors with CS and that may make it feel a little slower?
BUT California screaming is one of the smoothest roller coaster I have ever been on. Rr was fun but I had the worst headache after!

I don't think it's as bad. It's a straight shot to an incline...yes, it's fast, but the initial push doesn't seem as strong to me...but I'm a DLR regular so I've been on screaming a bunch, RnR just a couple of times

The twists you go into on rnr make it soooooo much worse for me than CS.

Neither are easy for me; my lungs feel terrible during the takeoffs, but the rest of CS is so fun while I dislike the rest of RnR. Mainly because I'm still recovering from the beginning of it!

Take-offs are about the same...but with RnR being in the dark and Screamin' outside (where you can focus on something in the distance to alleviate the motion sickness from the thrust), the experience might feel differently. Loved Screamin' much more then RnR, partly because RnR is so short and felt like half a ride...Screamin' is better all-around in my book (though the queue is entirely outside for Screamin').

Both are a little too thrilling for me these days, but I would say Screamin' is less so. In addition to the take-off not seeming quite as fast, I like that is has some slower parts and some faster parts for you to recover a bit.

Rockin' Roller Coaster goes 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. Screamin' goes 0-55 in about 4 seconds. Although both are very quick to take off, RnRC is by far the biggest rush when you take off. Screamin' definitely won't be as bad for you if you hated RnRC. In fact, it might be slowed down enough for you to enjoy the take off.

I've been on both. RNR was too intense for me and I didn't like it. I love roller coasters but it was just too fast and over so quick, not fun at all to me. CA Screamin has the fast take off but not as bad. Went on it 3 times in one day :)

Rockin' Roller Coaster goes 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. Screamin' goes 0-55 in about 4 seconds. Although both are very quick to take off, RnRC is by far the biggest rush when you take off. Screamin' definitely won't be as bad for you if you hated RnRC. In fact, it might be slowed down enough for you to enjoy the take off.

These times might not seem like a big difference, but it really is. Although for me, Screamin is worse because I am afraid of heights, so I love the dark indoor coasters. But it sounds like you should like it better than R&RC.

I refuse to go in rockin Rollercoaster, but I've ridden screamin twice. The first time i screamed during take off and couldn't catch my breath the entire time because i normally scream when coasters go down and breathe when they go up, and this totally messed with my normal sense of Rollercoaster. That being said i was convinced to try it once more another time so i held my breath to start and was able to scream like i normally do, however i don't go on Rollercoasters anymore since i realized that they give me panic attacks, that is why i cannot catch my breath, because I'm panicking. Once i realized this i rode mission to mars once and i stopped breathing again due to panic and i will no longer go on rides that scare me. Strangely i can go on tower of terror and love getting bumped around on Indiana Jones (i don't hold on so i can get jostled around more) so there are thrill rides I'll do but screamin is no longer on that list. I'm not sure how i ended up being such a chicken while my sister will ride just about any Rollercoaster. I think it all started when i chickened out on space mountain when i was a kid. I do love that ride now though :)

I can't keep my eyes open on take off with RR but Screamin I can no problem. RR is scarier to me, but still amazing! I love Screamin too, so smooth and fun to actually see as you are doing the loop.

IMHO, nothing compares to Rock n Roller Coaster. Love that ride, love that ride, love that ride!! BUT Ca Screaming' is really great....I guess the whole dark ride thing gets me...and Aerosmith...

My trick for getting through the start is to tighten my stomach muscle just as it takes off. It keeps me from getting that funny feeling. As for RnRc, I tried it twice and didn't like it because it was so rough and bumpy. Not smooth like Screamin. I wanted to like it but didn't. I loved EE!

RNR's launch is more intense, and Screamin' is a smoother ride. RNR is rougher in the back, so I imagine (not sure because I haven't compared the two) that's the case for Screamin', too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter