Is Captain's Grille for Dinner good?

chimo2u

DIS Veteran
Well, I gave up my KONA reservation and went with Captain's Grille instead due to the plans of our DHS day.....We are eating lunch at Sci Fi around 11:45am.....then have a reservation for Captain's Grille at 6:35pm. I've never eaten here before, but liked that it's close to Beaches and Cream (which is where we are headed after dinner for treats and a meet up with friends at 8:30 pm) -- thus, no dessert needed after our Captain's Grille entree's! ;)

If you've eaten here, did you enjoy the food??? I am hoping it's a good pick, we are on the DDP and wanted to try something new. I'd love to hear your reviews!

Marie

We ate there in February.....really enjoyed it! I had the crab legs and DH had the steak...very good! The cheddar mashed potatoes were my husband's favorite side of the week! The desserts weren't that great, but sounds like you have that covered;)

Also, the service was exceptional.

Enjoy!!!

We eat there every year and love it. Most of my crew orders the steak and it has always been great. My older son always get some type of fish and it has always been great. But I must say the desserts are really good there too. We always get ours wrapped to go and eat them later that night at the resort.

DH and I ate there for the first time last year, we liked it so much we went back for dinner again on the same trip.

We just returned from 12 awesome days at Disney. There was myself, my husband and DS17 and DD16. Our parents went as well. This was our last meal there on Sunday 9/16. First time we ever went. I have to say well all left very satisfied and very happy with all our choices. Two of us had the Ribeye, both were cooked perfectly (one med and one very med rare which is how I asked for it), two had the chicken and two had the fish of the day. I will tell you dessert was one of the best parts. They had a blueberry/cherry pie that was outstanding and I do not like dessert normally. We were all stuffed when we left there, our service was great too. Our ADR was for 6:10 and we were seated promptly. I had read several reviews that have complained but it was nice because it was a little more quiet then most of the meals we had during our long trip. I hope you enjoy as much as we did.

see the good reviews here. we ate lunch there a few trips ago and I thought it was very good. This trip it's dinner for my big birthday meal :) I want a surf and truf...do they have that?

We had an impressive dinner there. I had steak, DD had crab legs. Her plate was overflowing with food. It was all delicious, and DD is a foodie, so she had higher expectations than I did. We both ordered different desserts, and we thought they were excellent. We would definitely return.

Our Ratings of Captains Grille: (4/10/2012)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: D
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The food at Captain's Grille is usually above average and quite
tasty, but pretty expensive for what your are getting. At 25% less cost,
or so, it would be well worth the price. The service is very spotty and our
server was almost surly. We are fond of the New York Strip and the
Rosemary Pork Chop. But, the Chicken was dry and bland. One would also
expect a great plate presentation for the price, but the plating looks like
a local diner's Blue Plate Special. The Gelato for dessert is a good end
for the meal. As a meal, I would prefer lunch, as the sandwiches are very
tasty and the price-value is good.

Just back and ate at Captains Grill on 9/19 and really enjoyed our dinner. We had the crab legs which was a good amount and the price fix menu for the crab cakes. Everything was really good.

Good to see so many favorable reviews; we'll be trying it out next month. Steak and crab legs here we come!

We ate there last November and it was excellent. So much so that I have ADR's for our November trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter