Is Chef Mickey that bad....???

This used to be a must do on our list, but after last year, we won't be going back. The food was never great, but to be honest, we ere there for the characters. the food was so bad this last time and we were sat in this crummy corner it was awful. Have you considered Crystal Palace? We love the food and the characters are great.

I don't know if it's that bad, but I know it's not that good.:earsboy:

I was planning on going for dinner this year (did breakfast last year).

Does anyone know what Chip and Dale's chicken is? It's listed on the kid's menu.

I may have to cancel this plan as I don't like spicy food and the chicken is spicy and so is the prime rib on the adult menu.

We had dinner there and didn't care for it at all. DH has specifically requested that we never go back. The characters were rushed and the food was overcooked. Not much variety - mostly overcooked salmon and chicken nuggets.

However, my BIL and his family LOVE it and went back for a second time. I guess it depends on what type of food you like.

some of the deserts were good, but dinner was not. Kids have a great time and we got lots of great char pics for the 12 us. Buffet bfasts are better. Since the kids loved it, it was worth it (tho i won't book dinner then again)

My issue is just that I can't accept the "well its not THAT bad" anymore. The character interaction hasn't increased (in fact its decreased-Chip and Dale no longer there.) and there isn't anything additional to the choices on the buffet line - give the price has gone up almost $20 per person - I expect a little more than "not that bad".

After our last breakfast there - with horrible character interaction (very rushed and not engaged) - we're done with CM's for a very long time. I suspect that sentiment along with the ridiculous cost increase has caused some people, mostly those not on the dining plan, to cancel or not go there to start with.

CM's will always be popular, but I think Disney is finding the so called tipping point of pricing themselves out of reasonability.

My family and I have been to Chef Mickey's a few times for dinner and even though the food wasn't spectacular, we still thought it was good and the character interaction was great.

We went for dinner and we were underwhelmed. The food was "meh" at best...wasn't terrible, but nothing memorable. The atmosphere is fun (swing those napkins:banana:) and LOUD (not unexpected;)) - the characters move through the tables crazy fast... sign autograph...10 seconds..pose for picture... 10 seconds and movin on....:laughing:

Glad we did it once - won't be hurrying back.

Agreed on all points: overpriced mediocre food, VERY loud, and characters in such a hurry to move on. We felt stressed through our meal. Go to Crystal Palace or Cape May for better food and character interaction. Also, Cape May is very relaxing.

We ate there last year, it was just allright. Used to be very hard to get into.We are going there again this summer give it one last try

We like Chef Mickey's. The parmesan mashed potatoes are really good and my husband and son like the Mickey shaped raviolis. We'll be trying it for breakfast for the first time this year. Looking forward to it, too. Yes, it is loud in there. But the restaurant is a lot of fun and we've always had good interaction with the characters. It's definitely not gourmet, but I've never expected gourmet food at a buffet anyway. :lmao: Everyone has always left happy, full and ready to see more of Disney. That's good enough for me.

When I asked my dd who is soon to be 11, if there was a certain place she wanted to eat for our May trips she replied "Chef Mickey's". I think it is very memorable for the kids :) I think there is enough to choose from on the buffet to find something to like. I did not think it was awful at all. The deserts were memorable for me ;) Fun place due to the atmosphere, and characters. We never have had poor character interaction there. I say try anything at least once :) I have never had their breakfast there, so thought I would book it this time, and low and behold, I can't get in there for breakfast!

My kids wouldn't feel like they were at DW if we didn't "do" Chef Mickey's. Yeah, the food is not 5-star, but the atmosphere is fun and they love it. So, we keep going. :) They often want to go more than once, so it must be something fantastic to them.

I agree. We don't feel like we are truly at Disney until my kids are swinging napkins! :cool1:

We always go our first night there and never have to wait inline at the hot parks to see the fab 5. That alone is worth it to me. The food is okay but there is rarely a buffet that I like. I mean, come on. It is buffet, not a 5 star restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter