Is Coral Reef still....bad?

slickpoetry

Super Planner
I've never been, and the pictures of the space look amazing to me but it routinely fell at the bottom of most peoples' rankings for restaurants in Epcot. Has there been any improvement in the food/service?

I agree with the shrimp and grits. The food is fine and the last time I was there the service was pretty good. I've been diving in the Living Seas a number of times and one of my favorite things to do is go to the window and blow kisses and wave to the kids. It's fun to be on the restaurant side and see into the tank.

If they've stopped overbooking themselves then I would certainly go and enjoy the experience.

If it weren't for the unique atmosphere, I'd probably never need to go again. The food is "fine" -- but it's pricey for what it is, in my opinion. And so many other options in Epcot.

I've been twice. It was never anything exceptional but ther service and food were good. The atmosphere is really nice.

I'd go again if I was looking for a last minute option.

Yeah lot's of options at Epcot.... Space wouldn't be one of them on "my" list.

Space is cool to see, go visit the bar to get a feel for it. Just not much really happens, and the food didn't match end bill.

We've been twice and the food was very disappointing both times. Given the vast number of unquestionably superior World Showcase restaurants in Epcot, I don't see myself booking Coral Reef again anytime soon. But if you have never been, no harm in trying it once to enjoy the setting. I would suggest ordering something basic that's hard to mess up.

The food and service are fine. If it is a place you want to try, do so. It is a very pleasant atmosphere, and as I said, the food is fine. I've never left there thinking it was the best meal I ever had, but I've also never had a problem with it.
I second this. Food is fine, but we've had better elsewhere. Nice atmosphere. We've never left disappointed.

You're sitting in an awe-inspiring place, viewing the majestic sea life. While eating fish.

Personally, I found the food lacking the service average. The experience is nice in some ways, and really messed up if you think about it.

Never had a bad experience at Coral Reef! Not my favorite restaurant in Epcot, or WDW for that matter, but not a bad restaurant!

Its tastes like chain restaurant quality seafood, at inflated Disney prices. Some people think thats fine others don't. If you know where you fall in that comparison it should be easy to decide whether you'll like it or not. The aquarium view is of course the added benefit.

AJ still ranks it dead last, and I trust AJ and her team very much.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022/07/18/every-epcot-table-service-restaurant-ranked/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter