• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Costco selling annual passes for Magic Mountain or Universal??

Grim_Grinning_Girl

DIS Veteran
Hello, does anyone know if Southern California Costcos currently have season/annual passes for Magic Mountain and Universal Studios? I would appreciate price information in order to compare to booth prices, I know Universal annual passes are usually available there at a great price, but I don't have 2014 info.

Thank you!

We just bought Universal passes right before Christmas for $79 each. They didn't have any MM passes.

We bought Universal passes just before Christmas for $79 each. They didn't have any MM passes.

Does the Costco deal include buy a day go for a year deal?

More than likely yes. That's all I've ever seen at so. Cal Costcos. I'm in northen California and our stores often sell like a 2-3 day pass, so we wait to buy til we're in so. Cal. $79.00 means it's gone up, a lot! Not long ago it was in the $50s, last year I believe I bought it for $65-$69.

And it's good for everyone, no resident restriction.

I was just in Costco, and they had Universal for $75. Unlike the current promo on the Universal site (Buy a Day, get the rest of 2014 for free)...the Costco promo allows you a full year from when you first use the ticket.

I've never seen Magic Mountain tickets at Costco.

I was just in Costco, and they had Universal for $75. Unlike the current promo on the Universal site (Buy a Day, get the rest of 2014 for free)...the Costco promo allows you a full year from when you first use the ticket.

I've never seen Magic Mountain tickets at Costco.

Could you let me know which Costco you went to? That sounds like a great deal (the ones in NorCal sell 2 day passes for around that price).
If they still have it, I'm thinking of buying it when I'm down there for my trip in late-March, and maybe using it one more time in the summer.

Also, is there a major difference between the Costco one and the Universal website one, besides $9? I don't really get the difference between "full year from the start" and "the rest of 2014 for free".

Could you let me know which Costco you went to? That sounds like a great deal (the ones in NorCal sell 2 day passes for around that price).
If they still have it, I'm thinking of buying it when I'm down there for my trip in late-March, and maybe using it one more time in the summer.

Also, is there a major difference between the Costco one and the Universal website one, besides $9? I don't really get the difference between "full year from the start" and "the rest of 2014 for free".

Funny you should ask about these, as I literally bought 3 of them at Costco today! To answer your question, I bought them at the Costco in Van Nuys, CA. I'm guessing they would have them at all of the SoCal Costco locations, but you can call to find out.

A few things to note about these tickets. You have to use them for the first time no later than June 30, 2014. There are some block out dates; however, the first time you use the tickets, the block out dates do not apply.

The ones on the Universal website are good from the date you first use them through December 31, 2014. I have no idea if they have block out dates. The Costco ones are good from the date you first use them, and then for an entire year after that. So let's say you first use the Costco tickets on March 31, 2014. You could then use them anytime all the way through March, 2015 (one entire year -- not just 2014). I hope that makes sense.

Funny you should ask about these, as I literally bought 3 of them at Costco today! To answer your question, I bought them at the Costco in Van Nuys, CA. I'm guessing they would have them at all of the SoCal Costco locations, but you can call to find out.

A few things to note about these tickets. You have to use them for the first time no later than June 30, 2014. There are some block out dates; however, the first time you use the tickets, the block out dates do not apply.

The ones on the Universal website are good from the date you first use them through December 31, 2014. I have no idea if they have block out dates. The Costco ones are good from the date you first use them, and then for an entire year after that. So let's say you first use the Costco tickets on March 31, 2014. You could then use them anytime all the way through March, 2015 (one entire year -- not just 2014). I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the help! That makes a ton of sense, and I could see how people would prefer the Costco one (plus its cheaper).
I might end up just buying the one off the Universal site. It'll be a tough squeeze finding time to get to a Costco (planning on staying in Vegas Sunday-Tuesday afternoon, drive to Anaheim on Tuesday, Wednesday in DL and Thursday in USH).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter