Is DCL booking for 100% capacity for the spring, 2022?

Canadian Girl

DIS Veteran
We are hoping, ( fingers crossed) ) that our Alaskan cruise in May, goes ahead. It does seem however that no cabins were held back i am assuming they feel they can handle the capacity. With the new rules posted last week by Canada requiring full vaccination for travellers, I also wonder if some will now be cancelling. I am Canadian and meet the requirements, but assuming some who booked, would not. . However, May is a long time away and rules can change quickly.

Last edited:
We are hoping, ( fingers crossed) ) that our Alaskan cruise in May, goes ahead. It does seem however that no cabins were held back i am assuming they feel they can handle the capacity. With the new rules posted last week by Canada requiring full vaccination for travellers, I also wonder if some will now be cancelling. I am Canadian and meet the requirements, but assuming some who booked, would not. . However, May is a long time away and rules can change quickly.
...and keep in mind you are meeting the Canadian requirement for vaccination. Not sure what your vaccine combo is, but at this time, DCL does not recognize mixed vaccination (eg: AZ followed by Moderna or Pfizer)... which could put further pressure on bookings if proof of vaccination is still a thing into next year

Only a very small minority in Canada used AZ and mRNA chose a mRNA compared to those with 2 mRNAs. But I do feel for them. Hopefully the scientific evidence for mixing will be accepted with time. Nothing about this time is following anything familiar.

Only a very small minority in Canada used AZ and mRNA chose a mRNA compared to those with 2 mRNAs. But I do feel for them. Hopefully the scientific evidence for mixing will be accepted with time. Nothing about this time is following anything familiar.

Minority, yes, but not insignificant. Estimated to be about 1 million people: https://torontosun.com/news/estimating-how-many-canadians-mixed-astrazeneca-with-mrna

Multiple national governments are supposedly working on getting things sorted so there is international agreement on accepting the AZ-mRNA mix. Canada is not the only country that used it.

My spouse has the AZ/mRNA mix. We are sailing in January. I am hoping that it becomes recognized or he can get another shot of mRNA (not sure if that is possible)

My spouse has the AZ/mRNA mix. We are sailing in January. I am hoping that it becomes recognized or he can get another shot of mRNA (not sure if that is possible)

I hope so too.

We could have been in that same situation. When they opened up AZ for 40+ in my area, people started to scramble. We signed up online for Shoppers and waited. We didn't receive an email until after we already received our first dose from the clinic. A friend of ours had signed up around the same time as us and they called every day to see if they could get in. I was glad they were able to get in since they have a family members with health issues. They told us that it was crazy that people were calling, showing up because they were desperate.

My husband and I decided to wait until they contacted us or we became eligible. I did call once when our friends suggested we do and was told that they had lots of appointments already for workers and I could try again. It wasn't too long after that we were able to set one up at the clinic. I tried to contact Shoppers to find out if we can remove ourselves from the list, but they said they couldn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter