Is Disney 100% Sold Out first two weeks of December or ....................

All Star Music reportedly reopened at 30% capacity while the All Star Stars reopening has been delayed indefinitely.

Disney has been actively trying to hire housekeeping staff.

All Star Music might not be the only hotel operating at reduced capacity.

Disney Website is messed up...............there is a message posted there now......................

Just called, the whole hotel reservation system is down. They said give them about an hour.
I was beginning to wonder! I have tried to add days to out stay the week after Thanksgiving for a month now. I wanted a certain resort but always checked all resorts just being curious. Today not a single resort showed up.
The dining reservation system is only working half way too!

You might have luck if you keep trying each day. I was admittedly looking for different dates (November 18-22), and at first there was nothing whatsoever, except a package at the Swan Reserve. I booked that for fear I wouldn’t be able to find anything. But it was way more than I wanted to spend, so I kept looking. I eventually was able to book a split stay at two resorts, then book all four days at one resort. There was always more availability in the morning. I still look periodically, just in case something more interesting pops up and every day different resorts are available. You might also have luck at the 45 day mark because that’s when people have to pay or cancel their packages.

Hotel capacity has been wonky all summer/fall. Keep checking back, keep searching different permutations. I ended up booking mine (for November) in about 3 'chunks' and calling to combine them about 2 months out because that was the only way I could find them. I checked a couple days later and picked up a few more dates that had been unavailable forever. Oddly, the hardest dates to come by wasn't Thanksgiving week - it was November 18th. WTH? It seems to be that people are booking and then cancelling - not sure if they're booking more than one hotel to decide later, or cancelling their whole trip, or what. People reported a similar phenomenon for dates in October.

I've been checking daily since August, and there hasn't been anything available. With the exception of the random Deluxe at over $1000 a night. We have reservations at Port Orleans Riverside 12/6-12/12, but are thinking about upgrading to a deluxe. However, if nothing shows up we'll keep the ressies we have.

I searched between 11/7 and 11/ 15 - breaking into various lengths and with different start and end dates and find no availability for 4 people anywhere. I currently have rooms for 5 booked (with a mash up of stays because that's all I could find), but 1 person may be cancelling, so I was hoping to find smaller rooms. I can't believe every room sold out in the last 2 days.

I searched between 11/7 and 11/ 15 - breaking into various lengths and with different start and end dates and find no availability for 4 people anywhere. I currently have rooms for 5 booked (with a mash up of stays because that's all I could find), but 1 person may be cancelling, so I was hoping to find smaller rooms. I can't believe every room sold out in the last 2 days.
Those are lousy dates to have to fight for. F&W Marathon + Jersey Week + Veterans Day = Yikes

Like don’t give up hope but you could have a harder time than other folks because of all that stuff during your week. Remember real availability movement starts around 30 days out from your trip. Good luck!

Just tried to book one night in early December for someone who already has a 2 night stay at a different Disney resort, that would overlap the single night. Once plans are finalized, the extra reservation would be cancelled. The Disney booking engine took me all the way to the payment page, but after entering valid credit card info, the page kept returning with an error (unknown). The page said to call, if issue continued. When calling in, the CM said it was because there already was a reservation for this party for a different resort for that date, and that double-booking was not allowed. Is that correct? I never ran into that before, assuming that the extra reservation were cancelled with plenty of advance notice.

Now, when I search in incognito mode, there no longer is availability for that resort/single night. I am guessing that
the original available room was sold to another guest, and that the system was lagging behind and showing space available, when in fact, it was not. Possible? The CM could see that single night, but would not book it, unless the 2 night stay were cancelled.

You may need to go look for travel agents with blocks of rooms in early December. This is what I did when I was having trouble finding what I wanted for a September trip. However, at the 30 day mark, they may release the rooms that haven't been sold to book directly through Disney. I saw lots of availability as I got closer to my trip dates.

Sounds like its definitely an IT issue. I have reservations from 12/11 - 12/18 (but I made that reservation in August).

I was just able to grab a Coronado Tower for 12/9- 12/12.
Yesterday there was not much showing.
Happy with The Tower.

Sonething screwy is definitely happening. We already had a couple of nights booked and needed a third night booked somewhere else for a split stay. We were holding out on booking in hopes that there might be some discounts released but I kept checking availability regularly and almost every resort was available. Then one day it went from almost everywhere being available to literally zero availability at any resort overnight. Now when I search for more than one night it shows this day as available but continues to show unavailable if I try to book that night alone.

Long story short, whether it's a glitch or on purpose it's not just because they're "booked up."

I have just tried to search in the Chrome incognito mode and still get nothing. LOL.

Can you try 12/2-12/8 and see if you get anything?

I tried just now; 12/2-12/8, nothing. Then I changed to 12/2-12/7 for 4 people. Here is a screen shot. Three places showed up. Maybe you could add the extra day on before that time?F41C1F7B-91AA-4354-B419-DF7642386C96.png

Finally had luck booking a single weekend night for someone in early December, by modifying a longer stay to the single night, and also slightly changing the date. This was done online very early in the morning, before the phone lines opened.

The system would not accept a new booking for the single night, but modifying a longer stay to the single night worked. Needless to say, if the resort were sold out, that would not have worked.

My dates are within the 1st two weeks of December and it's long been an issue that hardly any availability was showing up especially around Dec. 1st. No way they're sold out... I think they're holding back inventory for some reason. It could also be a combo of holding back inventory because of staffing. I've also started to see a few resorts pop up with availability because I presume people are starting to cancel. None of the after hours Christmas parties are sold out. I also don't know why they haven't released discounts for those dates vs. the two weeks before Christmas.

Yeah something is really off with this. Extending out your reservation days seems to work, but we try and work our reservations backwards from what parks we'll be visiting. We're planning a trip for middle of the week before the week leading into Thanksgiving, and they have plenty of availability for 2-3 day stays but NOTHING if you just want to book a single room for a single night. It's insane. Debating whether to book overlapping stays (W-Th and then Th-F) and then call and have them cancel out one of the days on one of those reservations. It really shouldn't be that hard, but I think they're prioritizing lengthier stays over general, actual availability.

We're also toying with just keeping our current 2 day reservation and seeing what pops up on DVC inventory last minute, or seeing if they'll extend out our current stay one more day while there. Still, frustrating to no end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter