Is Disney 100% Sold Out first two weeks of December or ....................

Just tried to book one night in early December for someone who already has a 2 night stay at a different Disney resort, that would overlap the single night. Once plans are finalized, the extra reservation would be cancelled. The Disney booking engine took me all the way to the payment page, but after entering valid credit card info, the page kept returning with an error (unknown). The page said to call, if issue continued. When calling in, the CM said it was because there already was a reservation for this party for a different resort for that date, and that double-booking was not allowed. Is that correct? I never ran into that before, assuming that the extra reservation were cancelled with plenty of advance notice.

Now, when I search in incognito mode, there no longer is availability for that resort/single night. I am guessing that
the original available room was sold to another guest, and that the system was lagging behind and showing space available, when in fact, it was not. Possible? The CM could see that single night, but would not book it, unless the 2 night stay were cancelled.

That's definitely not how it's been in the past. At one point this summer I had like 4 reservations covering the same time period as I tried to figure out what we were doing and how to avoid a split stay. As of a couple weeks ago, I had reservations that overlapped by a few nights that I could call and essentially consolidate by phone. So if you can't hold reservations for the same night at different resorts, that's a change from how it's been for quite some time.

That's definitely not how it's been in the past. At one point this summer I had like 4 reservations covering the same time period as I tried to figure out what we were doing and how to avoid a split stay. As of a couple weeks ago, I had reservations that overlapped by a few nights that I could call and essentially consolidate by phone. So if you can't hold reservations for the same night at different resorts, that's a change from how it's been for quite some time.
I think that the CM who told me that you can’t have more than one reservation for the same time period did not know what she was talking about. When I responded that there was never an issue in the past, as long as any extra booking for a different resort was cancelled with sufficient notice, her reply was that doing so would be taking away space from other people needing a room.

In the end, by spending some time online, trying different options, I ultimately was successful in booking that room, without needing to cancel the other reservation.

That would not be the first time that wrong info was given out by a CM. She did not even offer to check with someone else, when I questioned her information.

Regardless as to why this is happening, I finally relented and got a reservation at Swan and Dolphin. They don't seem to have an issue with people wanting to book one night. So, at the end of the day, instead of Poly/Boardwalk, I'm paying to stay at Pop Century and then off-site. If I change plans again it'll be to pounce on a last-minute DVC rental.

Checked again and still no availability for week of 2/19 other than all stars, riverside and GF. I assume it is not an IT problem and must be significant holds. Could Disney be that much sold to capacity. If so assume no discounts for next spring?

Checked again and still no availability for week of 2/19 other than all stars, riverside and GF. I assume it is not an IT problem and must be significant holds. Could Disney be that much sold to capacity. If so assume no discounts for next spring?
Just tried playing with some dates in Feb as well... very limited availability. Swan & Dolphin are wide open for the same dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter