3. are the water parks fun
  4. are there life jackets
  5. are spiceal needs strollers required
  6. i can walk but have flat feet
  7. is food any good
  8. can i meet every charcther
  9. are the hotels any good
  10. are the resorts any good

1) I think WDW is autism-friendly…BUT I will also say that doesn’t mean every individual with autism would agree. Some individuals may find some or all aspects of WDW very challenging or unpleasant. It doesn’t work for everyone.

2) no

3) yes, I think so. Others may have a different opinion

4) I know child-sized life jackets are available at resort pools and the water parks. I’m not sure about adult sizes.

5) no

6) ok

7) that is subjective, individuals have different taste preferences

8) no, not all Disney characters have meet & greets

9) again hotel preferences can be subjective, my family likes the value resorts just fine but I have never stayed at a deluxe resort

10) I’m not sure what you are differentiating between “hotels” and “resorts” — WDW-owned hotels are considered resorts, though there are other hotel chains in the WDW area, some may be good and others not so good

1) I think WDW is autism-friendly…BUT I will also say that doesn’t mean every individual with autism would agree. Some individuals may find some or all aspects of WDW very challenging or unpleasant. It doesn’t work for everyone.

2) no

3) yes, I think so. Others may have a different opinion

4) I know child-sized life jackets are available at resort pools and the water parks. I’m not sure about adult sizes.

5) no

6) ok

7) that is subjective, individuals have different taste preferences

8) no, not all Disney characters have meet & greets

9) again hotel preferences can be subjective, my family likes the value resorts just fine but I have never stayed at a deluxe resort

10) I’m not sure what you are differentiating between “hotels” and “resorts” — WDW-owned hotels are considered resorts, though there are other hotel chains in the WDW area, some may be good and others not so good
thank you

1. disney is incredibly overstimulating for a lot of people. so much to see and do, so much noise, so many crowds. a lot of people with autism find it overwhelming, although there are also a lot who greatly enjoy it.
2. no sensory rooms but you might be able to head to first aid for a quiet break. epcot and animal kingdom also both have several off the track pathways that are quieter than other areas of the parks.
3. i enjoy the water parks
4. the pools had life jackets that fit my 13 year old, but they did sometimes run out and we would have to wait for someone to return one. next time we go we will be taking our own
5, 6. special needs strollers are not required but if walking long distances is difficult you will want some sort of mobility device
7. I like the food and a lot of the restaurants have fun themes
8. there are a lot of characters there but not all of them, and sometimes the lines for them can be quite long. depending on how much time you have and what other things you would like to do, it may be difficult to meet all the available characters
9. i enjoy the theming of the hotels

My son did not really enjoy Disney. He was there three times, at age 11, 12, and 13. He said there was too much sun, too much noise, too many people. He thought the rides were fun, especially the roller coasters and Tower of Terror.

He did like some of the restaurants. Sci Fi at the Studios was his favorite. He also liked Cosmic Ray's and Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom, and Garden Grill at Epcot.

He was always interested in Asian culture and he enjoyed the Japan and China pavilions at Epcot. He is a Star Wars fan so I think he would love Galaxy's Edge, but I haven't been able to talk him into going.

We stayed at Pop Century (he didn't like it, too noisy and the bus stop was always crowded), Animal Kingdom Lodge (he loved it because of the animals and the lights in the lobby are not bright), and Old Key West (he liked that it felt like a neighborhood and not a hotel).

While there are many characters in all 4 parks, not every character has a meet and greet (some are only in the parade and shows, others do not meet at all)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter