• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Disney Club membership worth it?

great white north

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is worth purchasing disney club card if I am going to be buying my 7 day hopper from CAA and have my hotels are already booked? What other discount benifets does this card give me? How much is it and what is the best way to purchase it?
I will thank all of you in advance and want to say I really enjoy this site for all it's information and money savings.

48 more days to go :D :D :bounce:

Welcome to the DIS and especially the Canadian Visitors board, great white north! :) :)

I might hold off on purchasing a Disney Club membership, gwn. Apparently the Disney Club will be discontinued as of December 2003, and will be replaced with a Disney Visa card sometime next year.

Here's a link to a post on the Community Board that you might like to read.

Disney Club to be Discontinued

If anyone has more up to date info, we'd love to hear it! :)

Kim :)

Even though the Card is gonna be discontinued, if you purchase a lot from the Disney Store, you recieve a 10% discount on all purchases. If you plan on Cruisin in the near future, you can receive a $50.00 US First Time Cruiser Onboard Credit. You can use it for discounts in Disney and at various restaurants. It will also make a cute memorobilia item come the end of next year.

Also, I read somewhere on the boards that Bank One will be administrating the Disney VISA and at present only planning on offering it in the USA!

Hope this helps.

M2CW
Scratch
:smooth:

I think the short answer to your question is no, given your situation there is no benefit to joining DC. It will cost you US$40 (US$30 if you were previously a MKC member) and primarily gives you discounts on admission media and hotel rates. If you're getting the Canadian 1/2 price deal from CAA, that will be better than the savings from DC. And if you've got any discount at all on your room, that will also likely be better than the DC discount (which never exceeds 20%).

So unless you want to pay US$40/year for some other minor discounts and a subscription to the Disney Magazine, I wouldn't waste my money. IMHO, needless to say.

- Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter