Is Disney still spacing people in the restaurants?

Not sure where you’re from or what other places you’ve visited, but Florida is one of the worst right now with COVID cases. If anyone should be distancing, it should be Disney. Also please keep in mind that many of us booked trips when safety protocols advertised by Disney were very different than what’s happening today. We took trips when Disney was spacing in restaurants and the cases weren’t nearly as bad as now. I understand why they increased capacity, I just wanted some friendly feedback on which restaurants had better spacing in this environment.

Not sure where you’re from or what other places you’ve visited, but Florida is one of the worst right now with COVID cases. If anyone should be distancing, it should be Disney. Also please keep in mind that many of us booked trips when safety protocols advertised by Disney were very different than what’s happening today. We took trips when Disney was spacing in restaurants and the cases weren’t nearly as bad as now. I understand why they increased capacity, I just wanted some friendly feedback on which restaurants had better spacing in this environment.
After reading this thread I’m inclined to cancel our late October trip. I presumed Disney was still spacing at restaurants and being very cautious with guest safety. Florida sounds like a Covid mess right now.

I'm following many of these discussions about what restaurants have more spaced out tables. It looks to me, like social distancing at Disney is gone and not coming back.

I'm now also wondering if I should cancel. We can keep ourselves safe by wearing N95 masks while inside or in crowds.
But while eating at a restaurant we would need Disney's help to keep us safe, by providing social distancing for the only time that we can't take our own responsibilities and wear a mask.

We are fully vaccinated but still respectful of the virus, especially with all the new variants, I prefer to be cautious.
I feel somewhat let down by Disney for not helping us do the right thing.

I still wonder if they can/ will accommodate a request for a more spaced out table.
I'm also thinking about changing to an offsite hotel with a rental car and leaving the parks for every meals. Then do food-pick ups or order to the hotel.

Maybe you should cancel if you are concerned. We travelled all over the country on vacations this summer and no restaurants were socially distancing tables any more nor were airports, planes, or public transportation, so not sure why Disney would be the only one. They can’t stay in business if they aren’t serving enough tables to break even.

Maybe you should cancel if you are concerned. We travelled all over the country on vacations this summer and no restaurants were socially distancing tables any more nor were airports, planes, or public transportation, so not sure why Disney would be the only one. They can’t stay in business if they aren’t serving enough tables to break even.
I’m surprised to hear that no restaurants were socially distancing throughout the parts of the country you visited this summer. I suppose you vacationed in places not near my region.

I won’t be visiting the Southeastern states this year simply because it gives me a sense of unease but if others think it’s a good idea at least trying to mitigate their surroundings sounds reasonable.

As for the OP, I doubt special consideration will be given to make more space for you. A business decision was made and is encouraged by local authorities. It’s up to you to decide how to go forward and it seems like you are doing a good job. As a general suggestion look at the signature restaurants as they tend to offer more space between guests than other eateries. Eating outdoors is also a good idea.

HTH, GL, and have fun.

Ugh we have a reservation for Teppan Edo.
We ate at Teppan Edo twice the beginning of the month. We are a party of five. Once we were the only ones seated at the table. The second time a party of three was also at our table, however, they put a plexiglass divider between different parties seated together, so while not technically distanced, you are divided.

Some with concerns aren't cancelling but doing outdoor dining only. Unfortunately TS restaurants that have outdoor dining available may or may not be able to seat you there.

As for asking to be distanced, there was a report I read where a guest asked that they be moved further away from a family at the next table. They were moved one table over - and then another family was seated at the table they had just vacated, so they weren't any further distanced from other parties than before.

Just got back. All TS we ate at and or saw like Mexico near the ride were in fact spaced further apart. None were an issue as they were by far not operating anywhere near capacity. There was 0 issue at CS as there were plenty of open tables but even some of the ones with closer tables had chairs missing as well as not being allowed in without an order ready on the App. They also have hand sanitizer everywher. I have in fact seen closer tables and people seated on top of each other in NYC and NJ. Disney is doing a far better job With many practices they have in place.

We just returned from 5 days/4 nights and stayed at the YC. We found that physical spacing for almost all things is not happening. Tables at restaurants that we popped our head into look at is not happening. We had dinner at Chef Art Smith's Homecoming and there was 0 distancing there. We found the same thing at Splitsville Luxury Lanes in Disney Springs. There was also not distancing at Cape May in Beach Club or at the lounges that we were at on Disney property. They are gearing up to be what we think will be near capacity in the near future. The issue they are having now is staffing. We talked to one server who said they simply did not have enough staff to really be able to provide excellent service.

So interesting. The last 2 posters both just got back & have totally opposite thoughts. I assume it depends on which restaurants you’re talking about. I can definitely see Splitsville & Homecomin being more crowded than a signature restaurant in the resorts. We are still deciding if we will go on our trip in 2 weeks. We really enjoy having a relaxing meal at a signature place every day. We have a reservation at Boathouse, i’m pretty sure I’ll cancel that one. We don’t like eating outside so the deck seating is out. And I’ve heard several reports that the inside was pretty packed.

Ugh! The reports of current lower crowds have me wanting to go. But I keep feeling like after 18 months of being careful, do I want to risk it now??

Ate at Rose and Crown this afternoon. We were automatically seated outside. They seated every other table but when we were leaving we walked by a few tables that weren’t. They had plenty of open seating if they wanted to. We walked by the QS patio around 1pm and 5pm and there were plenty of tables open. Next time we’ll grab fish & chips and eat there instead.

When we had lunch at Sci-Fi in late July our party of three was given a car to ourselves - the CM that seated us said no hitchhikers and it seemed the same for other families around us.

Good! We have an ADR for there in two weeks and I soooo don't want to sit in the same car with another family. Who knows what/if/if not their vaccination status is...gross.

Just a thought FWIW regarding opposite viewpoints of distancing during dining on recent trips...
Where I work, for example, we were told that since children were only required to be 3' apart at schools that the distance recommendations for family events was 3' between families - adult only events still required 6'. Families include adults :confused3 but I digress...
My point is that to some 3' looks "distanced," whereas others want 6' or even 8' of space - this would lead to different evaluations of whether restaurants were distanced or not.
Personally I'm more concerned with airflow and HVAC quality but I don't know a reasonable way to measure that as a customer in a restaurant. I'm planning on making all my wanted ARDs, knowing that I can cancel 24 hours in advance if we get nervous. GL to all.

I’m surprised to hear that no restaurants were socially distancing throughout the parts of the country you visited this summer. I suppose you vacationed in places not near my region.

I won’t be visiting the Southeastern states this year simply because it gives me a sense of unease but if others think it’s a good idea at least trying to mitigate their surroundings sounds reasonable.

As for the OP, I doubt special consideration will be given to make more space for you. A business decision was made and is encouraged by local authorities. It’s up to you to decide how to go forward and it seems like you are doing a good job. As a general suggestion look at the signature restaurants as they tend to offer more space between guests than other eateries. Eating outdoors is also a good idea.

HTH, GL, and have fun.

We’ve had the same experience Dakota731. We have been to been on several,road trips this summer. We have gone go Lake Tahoe, Pismo Beach, Vail CO, Breckinridge, CO, Park City, UT, west Glacier, montana and east glacier. so we also drove through Washington, Idaho, UT and OR etc And stopped to eat. Plus frequent visits to Portland. We live in CA. We did all driving trips this summer. Nobody was social distancing in restaurants, In some restaurants the servers were not even wearing masks. One hotel in East Glacier none of the hotel staff were wearing masks. We wanted to ride this gondola thing in UT and they were seating 8 people to a car. 4 people one side and 4 the other side. No masks, nothing. We did not feel comfortable with that so we skipped it. However, in Vail everyone got their own gondola. we were in glacier National park and they had shuttle service and these big red bus tours and boat tours and for those you had to wear masks but nobody was social distance, Every seat was taken, but the park was way less empty than in the pass. We wore our masks everywhere indoors. From my experience in those states the social distancing has gone out the window. Mask wearing is a hit or miss. One lady in a Montana store was miffed I was wearing a mask. You can bet I didn’t buy anything in her store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter