Is DL less busy than MK overall?

sunshine1

Viva Marie!
Just wondering if Disneyland Park is less busy than Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, generally?

Was there three weeks ago and DL seemed less busy than when i flew to WDW and visited MK just a week later.

I noticed that there didnt seem the intensity that i sometimes feel in MK, just the atmosphere. Maybe as DL attracts alot of local pass holders so they maybe not as frantic to get to rides/characters as the international guests at WDW.

I believe the overall attendance numbers at MK are a tad higher than DL. To me, DL feels busier because it's smaller.

DL has always felt busier to me. The walkways and lines are generally more crowded and I believe the MK is built to absorb larger crowds.

DL always seems crowded because of it's small size. At least, that's how it feels once you get into the "lands". But I've never been to MK where I didn't feel like it was crazy busy. It just always feels that way.

Fastpass+ and more Fastpass attractions at MK also contribute to a sense of greater busyness at MK.

I've been to both parks on days that were listed as "7/10" crowds, and thought Disneyland didn't feel as busy as MK. A busy day at MK is an overwhelming amount of people.

Disneyland’s smaller size actually allows it to offer more attractions for the money. The Disneyland theme park contains 57 different rides and attractions, while its sister park in Disney World -- the Magic Kingdom theme park -- contains 41. Disney’s California Adventure Park in Anaheim holds 30 rides and attractions, while the largest of Disney World’s remaining three theme parks -- Epcot -- contains 22. Due to its small size, Disneyland is also easier to get around in. The entrance to the two parks are separated by about 100 yards, while travel between Disney World’s theme parks requires a 10- to 30-minute car ride.

This was from USA Today (not sure of the date)

What I was going to say is that Disneyland has fewer visitors and less space but MORE attractions which might spread the crowd better?

Also, it is much easier to pop between DCA and DL than say between MK and Animal Kingdom

I also wonder the visit time per guest. At DL, I knew several passholders who might stop by in the evening for a bite to eat and a ride and then go home. I guess visitors to WDW spend more hours in MK?

The MK has more visitors daily than DL. But DL feels more crowded because the walkways are much smaller and I think having the queues outside, as opposed to the MK where the lines are inside, make you see so many more people around you. That being said, I think on average, the lines for the rides are shorter that the MK. There are so many more rides in DL, so the math just makes sense if there are fewer people at DL, and more rides, the lines will be shorter. Also helping this is the local visitor base that isn't all about rushing from ride to ride like they do at the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter