Is EPCOT $156 a day now?

jade1

I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.
Probably just missed it but it appeared this week that daily pricing is all over the board by day and park.

Pretty sure I knew that, but was a bit surprised the early Dec rates seemed higher than we thought.

Sat said EPCOT was $156, and this Tues AK said I think $133.

As AP holders we seldom look, just happened to noitice.

It could be with pricing now based on how busy it was expected to be. One-day tickets are affected the most, but remember that the cost per day goes down with the more days that you purchase. Around the holidays though it can certianly be high!

I can believe that. I wonder if it actually meant you could indeed enter if you were willing to pay the displayed price.

Otherwise I assume the sign would say something about "Sold out for the day" or something instead of a price.

But I suppose they could just tell you if you went up to buy a ticket if they were sold out-and the price was available for a different day maybe.

We noticed a lot of availability the whole week though, so it must be a somewhat slow time.

Keep in mind that Epcot is a HUGE park and has the most space for people. I don't know if the reservations ever run out for it excepting on holidays or when capacity was greatly reduced.

But showing up without a park reservation and intending to buy a ticket isn't a good plan regardless of which park.

Yea I should have taken a picture I guess, just thought it must be old news.

But at the windows entering the parks, they appear to have interactive monitors that can change daily (or throughout the day).

That is where we saw EPCOT was $156, and Tues at AK it was $133.

And actually we made a bet leaving AK on what the price would be. I won at $138-closest.

Ah a quick search does show the range. Just surprised at what used to be a slower week being that expensive.

NUMBER
OF DAYS
PER DAY PRICE RANGE
ADULT (10+)
PER DAY PRICE RANGE
CHILD (3-9)
1​
$109 - $159
$104 - $154

Pricing is insane now. My family is lucky to have bought 30 Non expiring day passes right before they did away with that option.
We got 30 days at the major 4 parks and 30 days at the water parks for a total of 60 days lol.
We average $31.00 a day per person when we go.

One day tickets do, once you get to two days its the same for all.
Yep - one day tickets have a unique pricing structure currently and are not the best value either.
While this was true for a few years, it is not true anymore. A 1-day ticket is valid at any of the 4 theme parks; however a ticket does not guarantee someone a theme park reservation, which is required to enter your first park of the day.

To the OP - last Saturday may well have been $156 at the gate. Also "gate price" is $20 higher than the "online" price of the same ticket. And weekends are higher than weekdays.

Our youngest usually purchases a 1D ticket. In September she went with a friend who wanted to see the parks so they purchase a 1DPH and did all 4 parks doing most of the E-ticket rides. I couldn't believe they left AK for last and still managed to do FOP and Navi with both standby lines about 15 minutes. The only E-ticket ride they missed at AK was Dinosaur. She said by then they were at 12 hours and she was done.

We're going with the family in February and I told them about Genie+ and LL so they could be prepared. I think the response was a resounding No to ticket $ plus Genie/LL $. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter