Is Epcot on a weekend during F&W terrible?

It is bad, but it is not nearly as bad as a Saturday during F&W. If you hit WS right at 11:00 when it opens you should have some time before it gets crazy. That Sunday of Columbus Day has been our departure day for the last several years (our state - and thereby most schools in our state- does not recognize Columbus Day as a holiday) and we stay in the EPCOT area so typically we are in EPCOT until we leave in the mid to late afternoon on that Sunday of Columbus day weekend. I would 100% take a Sunday over a Saturday during F&W. Saturdays are insane. Weekdays are better, but if that is not doable, Sundays will be manageable. If the crowds have not gotten bad by 1:00 p.m., I would stay longer at that point instead of coming back earlier in the evening. The evenings are typically worse than the daytime during F&W.

If you can avoid a Friday night or all day Saturday,I would as they are super crowded, and a drunken mess. I haven't been there on a Sunday, so can't comment.
We try and leave Friday before 5 pm. We usually arrive on a Saturday about 2 and made the mistake of going to WS about 4 for a drink before supper. Big mistake and we don't do that anymore. If you go to EPCOT on a Saturday afternoon, future workd isn't too bad, but avoid WS.

If its too late to change it, I would do the World Showcase right when it opens at 11. We've been before over a weekend and also on F&W opening day, and found it very manageable right when the booths opened until early afternoon. Once it started to feel crowded, we'd either leave or head back to Future World. Evenings over the weekend, including Columbus Day, were intolerable in the World Showcase but fine in FW, in my own experience.

Last time we went to F&W on a weekend, well, it wasn't the usual WDW vibe, but it wasn't doomsday either. I suppose it depends how you see the world. And let us not forget, there is a big upside to the F&W festival as well!

IME, until mid-afternoon the WS was pretty normal except the extra booths. Some booths get long lines, and we just skipped those. It was only more at night that we felt the vibe in the WS felt less Disney-esque.

Future World was pretty close to normal, except a little busy.

If you have the DDP, many of the F&W small plates count as snacks- so they are GREAT use of snack credits.

If I take an Uber/Disney bus or Minnie van do we still sit in the same traffic as those trying to park?
I'm sure you will if you're out on the highway as we were, just go early. You won't have the long wait to park as it will drop you off at the front. We ended up parking somewhere I didn't even know existed. We were bhind food trucks and had to walk over grass and through fence barriers to get to the front. We didn't get there early though, which I would recommend. That said, it was not that bad. For instance, there was a long line for Imagination, but we opted to do the Visa meet and greet instead, and when we were done, the line for Imagination was gone. Had a minimal wait for Baymax, and maybe 20 minutes for Joy/Sadness.

I've been there several times, usually mid/late October. Weekdays are not bad, Monday to Thursday (except holidays).

Friday night and Saturday are insane. Sunday usually isn't that bad. It's not a Wednesday but it's not a Saturday either. The main issue is it being a holiday weekend. Although fall holidays are not even insanity driven - Columbus and Veterans Day are federal holidays, but not all private sector businesses or even school systems allow them as a day off, and Labor Day is so close to the beginning of school that it isn't really that bad. However, there will be more people than a regular Sunday.

My FP day was today and last night I completely switched my plans around (for like the 37th time) so you're not alone! I was already trying to avoid EPCOT on the weekends bc of Food and Wine and also on 9/30 and 10/1 (Illuminations last night and the new show's first night), plus trying to avoid HS on a weekend AND avoiding MK on non-party days. Whew! So since I ran out of days I'm doing HS on a Saturday which I'm sure will be craziness but at least I'm thinking that going in and then if it's not so bad I'll be pleasantly surprised.

My FP day was today and last night I completely switched my plans around (for like the 37th time) so you're not alone! I was already trying to avoid EPCOT on the weekends bc of Food and Wine and also on 9/30 and 10/1 (Illuminations last night and the new show's first night), plus trying to avoid HS on a weekend AND avoiding MK on non-party days. Whew! So since I ran out of days I'm doing HS on a Saturday which I'm sure will be craziness but at least I'm thinking that going in and then if it's not so bad I'll be pleasantly surprised.

We are doing the exact same thing, but the week before! We didn't want to do DAK or HS on the weekend, but also didn't want to use a full days admission to MK on a party day. We have EP scheduled on Fri/Sat. We have made our Fastpasses and have a great plan through mid day, at which point we will determine whether to remain in the park, or go back to the resort to swim, have dinner, etc. I would like to see Illuminations (maybe Friday??) but if crowds are too bad, I won't worry too much over it. I'm pretty much the only person in my family that enjoys the nighttime shows anyway. Regardless, I plan on having an AMAZING time! :D 50 days and counting!!!

We`ll be at WDW during F& W. The problem is, I don`t know which park we`re going to visit on Saturday. MK is a non-party day. Epcot is out, according to this thread. DHS might be mobbed every weekend. As for AK, Touring Plans is predicting 8/10 on their crowd calendar. What`s a trip planner to do?

Friday night and Saturday are insane. Sunday usually isn't that bad. It's not a Wednesday but it's not a Saturday either. The main issue is it being a holiday weekend. Although fall holidays are not even insanity driven - Columbus and Veterans Day are federal holidays, but not all private sector businesses or even school systems allow them as a day off, and Labor Day is so close to the beginning of school that it isn't really that bad. However, there will be more people than a regular Sunday.

Wednesday is usually quietest at Epcot? Why is that?

We`ll be at WDW during F& W. The problem is, I don`t know which park we`re going to visit on Saturday. MK is a non-party day. Epcot is out, according to this thread. DHS might be mobbed every weekend. As for AK, Touring Plans is predicting 8/10 on their crowd calendar. What`s a trip planner to do?

We’ve avoided the parks on Saturday the last couple of trips, but if I had to choose I would do Hollywood or AK.

We are doing Epcot Friday (Sept 6), AK Saturday and MK Sunday, with park hoppers.

If you have PH, You could still do EP on Sat. and hop elsewhere mid-day.

We don't have PH. I love, love, love EP, we've allocated 2 days during our trip, BUT I would rather cut one of my EP days short than run into weekend crowds at any of the other parks.

I'm doing right the opposite, 9/30 and 10/1 I plan on doing HS both mornings for EEMH at 6am and then doing Epcot at night for the last Illuminations and the first Epcot forever. You can only say you did that if you are actually there. Why not, I have never been lucky enough to be there for the opening or closing of attractions before.

Back to the original post, I was there on 2 weekends back to back during F&W last year, and I did not think the crowds were that bad. I went to Epcot almost every day to try a few items at different stands. I had planned the whole trip around just eating my meals in Epcot most days, which was super fun to do.

We’ve avoided the parks on Saturday the last couple of trips, but if I had to choose I would do Hollywood or AK.

If Fast Pass availability is any indication, DHS and DAK would be the worse those days. I actually found more availability for MK and Epcot when I looked for those days. This was at 60+1 on 9/29. We are doing DHS in the AM and then heading over to MK. I know that FP isn't the whole picture, but DHS choices were bad, ended up making FP for MK in the afternoon.

I would keep my plans, and just be out of WS by 1 or 2. If you go back that evening, just plan to hit FW.

Also, hi! We’re in another (local mom’s) group together!

Experience can of course vary but generally we try to avoid Saturday late afternoon / night - just too busy and the odd group of people who have had too much sun and vino

I'd avoid World Showcase at night. If you have to do it on a weekend, it's managable up until late afternoon (still crowded - but nothing like evening!) I've never seen a major difference in Future World - it's really just WS that you should avoid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter