Is Fantasmic Dinner Package worth it?

Dumb question: I can only book for a F! dining package either by calling or through the desktop site and NOT on the app, right?
i'm 61 days out and I can't seem to find any dining packages bookable on the mobile app!
On the website but not til 60 days.

I might have missed it, but HB is allowing seated viewing now? Last time we were there, it was only RBT and BB that were seated (occasionally only BB allowed seating).

That's good to know. $30 is obviously a lot to spend on a cheeseburger, but will likely be worth it. I obviously don't know, but my guess is viewing is similar to Illuminations at Epcot but with less space.

I can’t comment on WDW as I haven’t been there. We look at it as basically around $15 for the meal and then $15 for the Fantasmic “ticket”. The show is enjoyable enough and the experience upgraded enough to be worth the extra $15.

When we did it, we ended up right next to the BB area so we were practically in the middle.

I might have missed it, but HB is allowing seated viewing now? Last time we were there, it was only RBT and BB that were seated (occasionally only BB allowed seating).

Reports are that most of the time it is seated but there have been some reports of forced standing. Seems to be related to the number of people there.

I know that RBT is seated (that was our package) and I'm pretty sure HB was seated as well. We were there during spring break, so it was definitely crowded. I would assume seating is included because otherwise, there is no point in purchasing the package when you could just get a free fastpass.

I think the F! dining package is worth it, but it is expensive!! I just keep telling myself I am buying dinner and a show, and then it seems like a reasonable deal.

I agree. It seems that one thing people forget about when considering these packages is the meal. They seem to only care about the viewing, but I can say from experience that River Bell Terrace offers an excellent meal (and I'm sure Blue Bayou does too). Sure, it's priced at a bit of a premium, but all Disney food is. My food was terrific, especially the "Dragon" desert. If you are considering table service meals anyway, I think the package is very worth it!

I agree. It seems that one thing people forget about when considering these packages is the meal. They seem to only care about the viewing, but I can say from experience that River Bell Terrace offers an excellent meal (and I'm sure Blue Bayou does too). Sure, it's priced at a bit of a premium, but all Disney food is. My food was terrific, especially the "Dragon" desert. If you are considering table service meals anyway, I think the package is very worth it!
What did you order? We have a reservation next month and aren't sure what to order. I'm glad you liked the "Dragon" desert, that is why my daughter picked RBT.

What did you order? We have a reservation next month and aren't sure what to order. I'm glad you liked the "Dragon" desert, that is why my daughter picked RBT.

I had the corn chowder, fried chicken sandwich with seasonal vegetable side (it came with, no kidding, 2 and a half baby carrots, with one sliced longways! Someone's counting the carrots.) and the baked beans (which come with it but you can sub), and the Dragon desert. The corn chowder was nice, hot and hearty. The main course was good, but messy and definitely a tad sweet. I think they believe Southern food all has a pound of sugar in it. Well, it does, but this barbecue sauce was sweeter than any I've ever had. The beans too were sweet enough to be desert. I'm not saying that was bad mind you. It was all really quite delicious, but expect the sweetness. The vegetables were fine, as I felt I should eat something actually healthy on my trip. They were nothing special and had brussels sprouts in there, which I don't like. I hear the smart money is to sub a side for the sweet potato tots, which I probably should have done. Anyway, for desert, the Dragon, was amazing. I was a little disappointed that the dragon on top was more of a wafer with the dragon on it rather than the kind of shaped candy topper that I had seen in pictures (both kinds are floating around online). At any rate though, taste wise, this thing delivered! It is actually lightly sweet, and there is a little bit of pepper jam at the bottom that adds a nice kick to it. There is a thin cookie wafer at the bottom to add a little bit of a different texture too. As you eat it, the colors melt on the plate, creating a beautiful, fiery design. All told, I really enjoyed my meal at RBT.

Now, if only Fantasmic! 2.0 had been as good. :(

Last edited:
Is the viewing area at the River Belle (the one where you pay the $25 extra to stay at your table) as good as the viewing areas on the ground? Or is it further away or blocked at all?

Thanks.

Is the viewing area at the River Belle (the one where you pay the $25 extra to stay at your table) as good as the viewing areas on the ground? Or is it further away or blocked at all?

Thanks.

We did the RBT upgraded dinner package last Saturday and loved it. You're eating on the patio at the restaurant so you're set back a ways and elevated enough to have an unobstructed view (the CMs don't allow people to stand in front of the patio railing as they have to keep the walkways open). The most important tip is to call as soon as you reach the 60 day mark for reservations because tables are assigned in the order the reservations are called in. I called at 8am PT and after a 20 minute hold, was the fourth reservation booked, and had an excellent table at the very front, with an unbeatable view! The service was fantastic also, if you're lucky enough to be served by Martin and Matthew, you won't have any regrets!

We did the RBT upgraded dinner package last Saturday and loved it. You're eating on the patio at the restaurant so you're set back a ways and elevated enough to have an unobstructed view (the CMs don't allow people to stand in front of the patio railing as they have to keep the walkways open). The most important tip is to call as soon as you reach the 60 day mark for reservations because tables are assigned in the order the reservations are called in. I called at 8am PT and after a 20 minute hold, was the fourth reservation booked, and had an excellent table at the very front, with an unbeatable view! The service was fantastic also, if you're lucky enough to be served by Martin and Matthew, you won't have any regrets!
This is helpful- can you tell me what you said when making the reservation? We've never done a package before and are now considering this one. We'd want the premium view thing as well. Thanks!

That sounds like a great experience! Did you have to leave the restaurant when the fireworks started?

This is helpful- can you tell me what you said when making the reservation? We've never done a package before and are now considering this one. We'd want the premium view thing as well. Thanks!
It's very easy to make the reservation but you do have to call in at (714) 781-3463, this can't be booked online. Ask for the River Belle Premium Seating Fantasmic package for 8pm on the day of your choice (it's approx $70/adult). They'll need a credit card to hold the reservation but you can cancel within 24 hours at no charge. Tell them you're hoping for a front table and the CM should be able to let you know where you rank in the queue (again, based on how quickly you can make the reservation on the 60day mark). After Fantasmic we were able to stay at our table for the fireworks show, and really enjoyed watching the lighting projections on the Rivers of America. To us it was well worth the money to avoid jostling crowds and the risk of having someone tall standing in front of us, to just sit and relax and enjoy the evening!

It's very easy to make the reservation but you do have to call in at (714) 781-3463, this can't be booked online. Ask for the River Belle Premium Seating Fantasmic package for 8pm on the day of your choice (it's approx $70/adult). They'll need a credit card to hold the reservation but you can cancel within 24 hours at no charge. Tell them you're hoping for a front table and the CM should be able to let you know where you rank in the queue (again, based on how quickly you can make the reservation on the 60day mark). After Fantasmic we were able to stay at our table for the fireworks show, and really enjoyed watching the lighting projections on the Rivers of America. To us it was well worth the money to avoid jostling crowds and the risk of having someone tall standing in front of us, to just sit and relax and enjoy the evening!

I agree it is a good experience. But when we went. I am not sure how they assigned seating. As I was supposedly the first one to book, but our table was
in the very back. It was okay- as we could stand, but had thought since we were the first to book, we would be in the front.

I had the corn chowder, fried chicken sandwich with seasonal vegetable side (it came with, no kidding, 2 and a half baby carrots, with one sliced longways! Someone's counting the carrots.) and the baked beans (which come with it but you can sub), and the Dragon desert. The corn chowder was nice, hot and hearty. The main course was good, but messy and definitely a tad sweet. I think they believe Southern food all has a pound of sugar in it. Well, it does, but this barbecue sauce was sweeter than any I've ever had. The beans too were sweet enough to be desert. I'm not saying that was bad mind you. It was all really quite delicious, but expect the sweetness. The vegetables were fine, as I felt I should eat something actually healthy on my trip. They were nothing special and had brussels sprouts in there, which I don't like. I hear the smart money is to sub a side for the sweet potato tots, which I probably should have done. Anyway, for desert, the Dragon, was amazing. I was a little disappointed that the dragon on top was more of a wafer with the dragon on it rather than the kind of shaped candy topper that I had seen in pictures (both kinds are floating around online). At any rate though, taste wise, this thing delivered! It is actually lightly sweet, and there is a little bit of pepper jam at the bottom that adds a nice kick to it. There is a thin cookie wafer at the bottom to add a little bit of a different texture too. As you eat it, the colors melt on the plate, creating a beautiful, fiery design. All told, I really enjoyed my meal at RBT.

Now, if only Fantasmic! 2.0 had been as good. :(
How much of a kick did the dragon dessert have?

How much of a kick did the dragon dessert have?

Oh, it's pretty mild. It's not what I'd call "spicy" even, but just a little something that contrasts the sweetness. There is only a very thin layer of the pepper jam at the bottom and it would be easy enough to eat the entire top part if one wanted to. The cookie bottom though is pretty inseparable from it, though it was my favorite part (with the pepper jam).

For those that did the premium RBT seating... how may rows of tables are there? From one photo it only looked like two, but then I saw a YouTube video that had a horrific view that seemed farther back (maybe it was just her camera?). Also, we will only be a party of two. Was there any particular pattern for smaller tables in the layout/placement?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter