Is Flight of Passage basically Soarin'?

For those who have done Universal, is it anything like either of the big Harry Potter rides, Forbidden Journey or Gringotts??
Nothing like the Harry Potter rides. Though they are wonderful too. I agree with Bill Soaring on Steroids. And I’m fast pass+ and rope drop fan. They are your friends. I would never venture to Disney without them.

Soarin on steroids is the way I describe FoP.
It is clearly one of, if not the best attraction at WDW.
We never miss it when we are there. Either rope drop FP+, or near the end of the night. The lines have not gotten any shorter when we have been there.
Unless you have problems with motion sickness, it is not to be missed.

Soarin is like riding pirates as FOP is riding Everest.

There is ZERO comparison

Best ride EVER.

Soarin, you know your not flying.

FOP, you THINK your flying, moving your body along with whats infront of you, helping it move in the direction its going, acting like you are actually controlling the bansee below you as it breathes between your thighs and it puts the biggest smile on your face

Soarin' makes my kids' faces light up, makes me get a lump in my throat and smile. I love it. It's joyous and breathtaking and relaxing to all of us.
FoP? My 8 year old was next to me muttering "it's just a ride. It's not real. It's just a ride" over and over again. I got off and my legs were still shaking 10 minutes later in the gift shop.

For those who have done Universal, is it anything like either of the big Harry Potter rides, Forbidden Journey or Gringotts??

Even though the majority of Universal rides are simulators in some form,their two big Potter rides are more than just simulators,Forbidden Journey is part dark ride with the unique Kuka robotic arms as your ride vehicle.Gringotts is closer to a rollercoaster/dark ride,both have some simulator/screen technology but are pretty different from FoP.FoP is simply a simulator,nothing else to it,more like Universals Back to the Future/ Simpsons ride which is a straight up simulator but with the most advanced simulator technology around.This is why FoP is a great ride but I could never put it as my favorite ride at Disney.I've ridden it around 8-9 times and it will never be as good as the first or second time you ride it.The best ride at Disney,at least for me is ToT,its great every time and doesnt grow old.

I still think FJ is the best Sim. But I'm not a fan of the restrictiveness of FOP. I don't like my legs locked.

i have issues with rides where your legs are restrained,Gringotts and Mummy have the same ride vehicle and my legs are not comfortable in there.On FoP however even though their is a restraint I feel a lot more comfortable,I think its the way you're sitting straddling the seat like you're on a motorcycle.I ride Mummy and Gringotts all the time but I limit my rides,I didnt use to have that issue but lately its bothered me some,mostly if the train just sits there before or after the ride,during the ride I'm not thinking about it,I think its just a fear of it breaking down and being in there not able to get out.

FOP is worth every minute!! We had fast passes for it and we even stood in line for it.

Soarin' makes my kids' faces light up, makes me get a lump in my throat and smile. I love it. It's joyous and breathtaking and relaxing to all of us.
FoP? My 8 year old was next to me muttering "it's just a ride. It's not real. It's just a ride" over and over again. I got off and my legs were still shaking 10 minutes later in the gift shop.

So you didn't like FOP? Ugh, for some reason I'm so nervous about FOP. Majority of people say they love it and it's not to be missed, but something tells me I should try to borrow a Xanax from someone.

I’m in the minority here. No doubt FOP is a great ride, but I think it’s overrated. It’s similar to soarin’ for the reasons already stated. It didn’t blow me away. Maybe my expectations were too high.

I’m in the minority here. No doubt FOP is a great ride, but I think it’s overrated. It’s similar to soarin’ for the reasons already stated. It didn’t blow me away. Maybe my expectations were too high.
Same here-GREAT attraction but I feel so bad that it didn't just COMPLETELY BLOW ME AWAY as it seemingly does almost everyone.:)

I never see it mentioned,but one of the coolest parts was the Pre-show where all the "outlines" of the Guests are shown!:)

So you didn't like FOP? Ugh, for some reason I'm so nervous about FOP. Majority of people say they love it and it's not to be missed, but something tells me I should try to borrow a Xanax from someone.

Look, I was a nervous nelly about FoP. Mainly due to my motion sickness issues. In fact, I had skipped Soarin' for years because of motion sickness fears. I also have anxiety and actually have Xanax on hand. I didn't even come close to needing it and my motion sickness was only minimally triggered by one short spot in the experience. I realize everyone is different and have different issues about what triggers them, but I actually find the ride to be "joyous" if that's a word. Prior to my trip, I was really struggling with anxiety and some depression (my 18 y/o dog and my MIL had passed away 2 weeks prior to my trip). I was wrapped REALLY tight and kind of grim going on that trip. And things didn't get better on the trip right away. But FoP was the first ride that really exhilarated me. I actually couldn't control my "smiling." I could use a ride on that every day in the afternoon. Maybe it was the sensation of just free flying. I don't know. But it was beautiful and exhilarating. But I could see how someone could be frightened by it. When my son was younger, anything like that would have scared him until he did it once.

Same here-GREAT attraction but I feel so bad that it didn't just COMPLETELY BLOW ME AWAY as it seemingly does almost everyone.:)

I never see it mentioned,but one of the coolest parts was the Pre-show where all the "outlines" of the Guests are shown!:)

And there's your "different strokes" thing. I found the whole pre-show annoying and boring. But I'm also not into Avatar all that much.

Oh, I totally loved it, as did my 10/almost 11 year old. I didn't even realize my legs were shaking until several minutes afterwards. My 8/almost 9 year old was so excited for it, however, and didn't want to ride it again. It was too intense for her.

And there's your "different strokes" thing. I found the whole pre-show annoying and boring. But I'm also not into Avatar all that much.

Love the FOP ride but I strongly dislike everything about that pre-show, to me, it is the only negative for FOP. Although, maybe if I was actually interested in Avatar it wouldn't be as bad, but I doubt it.

Soarin is like a goldfish swimming in a glass container.
FoP is finding out it's a blender and someone just pushed the frappe button.

I’m not ashamed to say I need a little help from Xanax to go on a few rides here and there (don’t need anyone’s unwanted opinions on that btw!) but if you know exactly what to expect it helps. The restraints freaked me out for a sec but you know to expect it. You can always close your eyes if you need to. I took some motion sickness medicine before hand, closed my eyes and breathed deeply for the parts that seemed intense (though mostly it was my anxiety playing tricks on me) and I was fine.

I actually don’t care for the ride, but I am glad I did it. The technology is superb. I actually skipped it this trip. But try it, if I can do it so can you. Trust me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter