• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Flight of Passage really worth the wait?

When I look at the YouTube videos of it, it seems kinda neat. I think it is in 3D right? Or some kind of VR? Is it one of your must-do's? I wonder if the hour + wait time is worth it since there are no fastpasses right now. Do you always go there first thing in the morning?
May be the only ride worth the wait.

Rise of Resistance has it's own craziness.

Is it worth wasting time waiting for the park to open to get to it quickly without much of a wait. Um yes. Would it be worth an hour after the park opens... Umm No. Then again I'm spoiled and don't wait more than 15-20 minutes for anything (unless I make a mistake) once the park opens. So I'd say that most would say it's worth more of a wait than I would.

Worth it to us. If you have never ridden it, honestly, the Q itself is awesome and will provide lots to see and do as you wait. We waited twice on our last trip, just under 90 minutes including ride time, and love it again.

It’s worth the wait because it’s an attraction that Disney really tried their best on. Screens may not be for everyone but the attention to detail put into trying to make it as good a experience as possible is something as theme park fans we should all praise.

It will not be everyone’s favorite at DW (there are rides people may think are “better”) but it’s something IMO everyone who visits AK should ride once to get the full experience of the park.

Last edited:
So, the first trip we took after it opened I was expecting so much after reading how it was the greatest thing in the world. I was a bit disappointed. It is cool and it is fun, but it's pretty much like Soarin' on a bike. It's for sure something we look forward to riding, but I don't think it's worth waiting hours in line.

Easily my favorite ride in all of Walt Disney World. While similar to Soarin it's a totally different experience as the screen is more immersive. I've never felt more free in my Adult life. It's a must do on every trip. In fact I make it a point to ride twice.

Last edited:
When I look at the YouTube videos of it, it seems kinda neat. I think it is in 3D right? Or some kind of VR? Is it one of your must-do's? I wonder if the hour + wait time is worth it since there are no fastpasses right now. Do you always go there first thing in the morning?
I would never wait the current average of 70 minutes for it, but it’s a walk-on if you rope drop it. Totally worth getting up early for though since all the animals are active early in the morning anyway. Plus, it’s not too hot yet.

It is one of my all time favorite rides... if you rope drop it's not too bad I think we waited 25 mins... but I would wait 70 mins

Like most others here: I would recommend getting there an hour before park open or joining the queue at park close (which is just another way of waiting in line, but one that doesn't compete with park operating hours).

But I would spend up to 2 hours in queue for this ride. Maybe longer if it was a really long trip (multiple AK days).

What I wouldn't do again is ride it with my 5-year-old daughter. The glasses wouldn't stay on her tiny head, so I spent the entire ride turned away from the screen, trying to hold them on her face as much as possible. (Thank God for rider switch; I got to go again later that day.)

I've been on it twice. I wasn't very impressed. on the other hand, my wife and mom absolutely loved it. so to answer the op's question, I wouldn't wait more than 30 min for it. but if my wife wanted to ride it, I'd wait as long as it took.

OMG yes!! I think it may be my favorite ride. Rode it today for first time . We didn’t rope drop. We got in line around 9:00. Posted time 70 min. Got on in 50. It was awesome. Now Navi river sucks! We waited like 45 minutes. I was so angry. Such a disappointment.

Yes. Worth the wait. It's an amazing attraction.

Sadly I didn't get to ride it on my trip last month. Every time I tried the wait time was over 100 mins. I am talking 120-140 mins. Then it was REALLY hot those days even though I really wanted to ride, my body just couldn't handle standing in the Florida heat for that long. But like other have said. The ride is AMAZING and worth a wait (1 hour- 90 mins).

Last edited:
My first time on Flight of Passage I waited a little over 2 hours. The next two times I had fast passes. It really is different than other rides and
the first time is exceptional. When I was waiting in line the first time, I saw a little guy, probably about eight coming off the ride literally jumping
and smiling, saying how cool it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter