Is food better at disneyworld or disneyland?

You probably wont find good coffee anywhere in the States :sick:

I found plenty of good food at DL though, Ralph Brennan, Carnation Cafe, Napa Rose, Steakhouse 55, I could go on :cloud9:

The coffe was bad but there plenty of places with good coffee, the bakery on Main Street in Disneyland, all the carts with espresso machines in WDW, and Coffee Bean express or roasted bean (can't remember the name) was great. Starbucks was not to my taste.

We're planning on eating at Hollywood and Vine (Playhouse Disney breakfast) and Pizza Planet (CS lunch) at DHS and that's about it. I don't think we'll do dinner there, but if we do it will be another CS. Everyone raves about 50s Prime Time Cafe, but my kids are such picky eaters that I think that would be a nightmare for us. They'd be mortified to have someone berate them and force them to finish their food :eek:. I've also had a lot of people recommend the Sci Fi drive in one, and while I can see the appeal of eating in the cars, I don't think the old movies would interest my kids.

We're planning on eating at Hollywood and Vine (Playhouse Disney breakfast) and Pizza Planet (CS lunch) at DHS and that's about it. I don't think we'll do dinner there, but if we do it will be another CS. Everyone raves about 50s Prime Time Cafe, but my kids are such picky eaters that I think that would be a nightmare for us. They'd be mortified to have someone berate them and force them to finish their food :eek:. I've also had a lot of people recommend the Sci Fi drive in one, and while I can see the appeal of eating in the cars, I don't think the old movies would interest my kids.

Just incase when you are there you decide to try either 50's or Sci-Fi.

My son is quite shy and I was a little worried about 50's as I have been there before without children so I knew what they are like but I was very impressed both times we went. Both servers picked up what he was like and really were not over the top with our table, they were over the top with most of the tables around and my son had great amusement watching, but I was really impressed at the way that they just picked up that he wasn't into the OTT thing and just played it down. Plonked down the cutlery etc and asked us to set the table before dinner (but wasn't loud like with the other tables). Neither times did they try to feed my DS, but he cracked up at watching the tables beside being fed. I think they are trained to pick up if people are not that into it. I love it there, the Chicken pot pie is so delicious.

Sci-Fi is also great. Sitting in the cars is so much fun, being seated by somebody wearing rollerskates was fun and the movies are ok for kids to watch, it is disney so there is always something for the children, it isn't horror movies or anything, some of the movies were quite cool and they have yummy milkshakes :lmao:

I'm not saying they are must do's (they are for us, but that's personal preference), just wanted to let you know for when you are there, and at the time you were tossing up about going, if you wander past and are able to get a table, just thought I would let you know that they are both ok (food is hardly gourmet, but it's ok, its the atmosphere at both places that takes us back)

Just incase when you are there you decide to try either 50's or Sci-Fi.

My son is quite shy and I was a little worried about 50's as I have been there before without children so I knew what they are like but I was very impressed both times we went. Both servers picked up what he was like and really were not over the top with our table, they were over the top with most of the tables around and my son had great amusement watching, but I was really impressed at the way that they just picked up that he wasn't into the OTT thing and just played it down. Plonked down the cutlery etc and asked us to set the table before dinner (but wasn't loud like with the other tables). Neither times did they try to feed my DS, but he cracked up at watching the tables beside being fed. I think they are trained to pick up if people are not that into it. I love it there, the Chicken pot pie is so delicious.

Sci-Fi is also great. Sitting in the cars is so much fun, being seated by somebody wearing rollerskates was fun and the movies are ok for kids to watch, it is disney so there is always something for the children, it isn't horror movies or anything, some of the movies were quite cool and they have yummy milkshakes :lmao:

I'm not saying they are must do's (they are for us, but that's personal preference), just wanted to let you know for when you are there, and at the time you were tossing up about going, if you wander past and are able to get a table, just thought I would let you know that they are both ok (food is hardly gourmet, but it's ok, its the atmosphere at both places that takes us back)

Thank you so much for that! That's the best review I've read for both places. The other reviews of 50s Prime Time actually put me off it instead of the other way around. I'm still not interested in eating there (I really can't see it working for my boys) but I am reconsidering Sci Fi after your post. At first it was a must do for me, but then I kept reading about the sci fi movies and I know they won't interest my kids. But servers on rollerskates? That's the first I've heard of that and that puts it back on my list! Maybe not a must do, but once I have our itinerary worked out I might try and squeeze it in for a dinner :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter