Is FOP blurry for everyone who wears glasses?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I was so excited to ride FOP this past trip but was disappointed because my ride was blurry. I have prescription glasses with bifocals and I'm guessing that is the problem.
We rode twice so I thought the second time I will try something different. I tried riding without my glasses which of course didn't work because I cant see without my glasses:rotfl:. I tried positioning my glasses in different ways so I wouldn't be looking out the bifocal area, nothing seemed to work.
Anyone have this same problem? Any suggestions on what to do next time I ride so I can see better?

It wasn't blurry for me, and I wear glasses. BUT, I find that the 3D glasses are often scratched, smudged or dirty on all the attractions that use them. I usually carry a few eyeglass cleaning wipes with me in my purse and clean the 3D glasses before I get on the ride so that I can eliminate any smudge/dirty issues with the glasses.

I don't have bifocals, but I had no problems on FOP. I can barely do the Muppets 3D or PhilharMagic, but FOP was outstanding for single lens folks like me.

It wasn't blurry for me, and I wear glasses. BUT, I find that the 3D glasses are often scratched, smudged or dirty on all the attractions that use them. I usually carry a few eyeglass cleaning wipes with me in my purse and clean the 3D glasses before I get on the ride so that I can eliminate any smudge/dirty issues with the glasses.

Exact same thing for me here! I wear glasses which I switch out for disposable contacts sometimes, my FOP ride wasnt blurry with either. I also carry disposable eyeglass cleaning wipes to clean the 3D glasses as well.

I was so excited to ride FOP this past trip but was disappointed because my ride was blurry. I have prescription glasses with bifocals and I'm guessing that is the problem.
We rode twice so I thought the second time I will try something different. I tried riding without my glasses which of course didn't work because I cant see without my glasses:rotfl:. I tried positioning my glasses in different ways so I wouldn't be looking out the bifocal area, nothing seemed to work.
Anyone have this same problem? Any suggestions on what to do next time I ride so I can see better?
I've ridden several times with my bifocals and didn't experience blurriness.

I have a vision problem and all 3D things seem double and blurry to me just something I know going into that it will happen

I rode it twice on our most recent trip and the first time (I was near the center of the room) it was fine with the 3D glasses over my glasses (single vision, nearsighted). The second time (I was at the edge of the room) it was horribly blurry. I've never had trouble at any other attraction--this was the first one.

I'm wondering if it's better if you are in the center of the room?

I do not wear glasses of any kind, and FoP was terribly blurry for me. I even took off the glasses and tried wiping them off and it made no different. I was on the far right of my row, maybe that's part of it? I didn't like the ride overall, but that certainly didn't help.

Yes, I wear bifocals and can't do anything 3D with them on. I am fortunate though that my glasses are really only for reading/close vision. I'm able to remove my glasses and see everything on a screen just fine so anytime I am doing a 3D ride or watching a 3D movie I take them off. Difference is significant.

I wear glasses and have never had a problem with 3D at any of the attractions at Disney. I just put the 3D glasses on over my glasses.

I rode in the far left side with bifocals under the 3D glasses and it wasn't blurry for me. I'm sorry that it was blurry for you. I suppose everyone's vision and the way their glasses put that bifocal line are different for everyone.

Last edited:
I wear glasses but did not experience blurriness on FoP but I have gotten a lame pair of glasses for some of the other 3-D shows where everything was blurry or a little off. Of course, I've seen those shows a million times so it wasn't a big deal.

I think it was probably just the 3-D glasses. There is no reason why wearing normal prescription glasses with them should make it blurry.

I rode it twice on our most recent trip and the first time (I was near the center of the room) it was fine with the 3D glasses over my glasses (single vision, nearsighted). The second time (I was at the edge of the room) it was horribly blurry. I've never had trouble at any other attraction--this was the first one.

I'm wondering if it's better if you are in the center of the room?
That must be it :banana:! We were close to the end both times we rode. Thanks I will try getting in the center next time.

I rode in the far left side with bifocals over the 3D glasses and it wasn't blurry for me. I'm sorry that it was blurry for you. I suppose everyone's vision and the way their glasses put that bifocal line are different for everyone.
We were on the right side both times we rode.

I do not wear glasses of any kind, and FoP was terribly blurry for me. I even took off the glasses and tried wiping them off and it made no different. I was on the far right of my row, maybe that's part of it? I didn't like the ride overall, but that certainly didn't help.
We were on the right side too. Maybe that is a bad spot to sit :confused3

I wear glasses and was fine for most of it but there were a few spots with quick movement that became blurry for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter