• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Four Parks in One Day Still Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eiblehs

Expedition Everest Enthusiast
I have a late July trip booked and have never done the “four parks in one day” challenge. In a pre-COVID world, I had planned for my husband and I to complete the challenge on our last full day in Disney. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do and what better way to end a trip than experiencing a little magic in each park?

I have a plan: EMH in AK, then HS (where we’ll have 3 FPs), then Epcot (where we have an ADR for dinner), and then ending the night at MK.

Now that the ways of Disney are changing, I’m hesitant to go forth with the plan. For example, I could see MK reaching capacity and us not being allowed inside at night. I would hope that resort guests with FPs and ADRs booked in specific parks won’t be an issue at the gates, but I’m not quite sure.

Would anyone like to share some opinions on what I should do? My FP day is in a few days so I’d like to have my ducks in a row before then. I wouldn’t book my FPs at HS (probably wouldn’t even go) if we didn’t do the challenge.

And before anyone comments “parks won’t even be open then so don’t worry blah blah blah” save your energy, ignore my post, and move along please.:earboy2:

I've never tried the challenge, but I do know my family has done at least 3 parks in a day: Breakfast at MK, then to AK for most of the day, wrapping up at Epcot for dinner. Never got all 4 :) maybe next trip. I guess my question is what counts as visiting a park, popping in and leaving, enjoying an attraction or two, a meal? Good luck

I have a late July trip booked and have never done the “four parks in one day” challenge. In a pre-COVID world, I had planned for my husband and I to complete the challenge on our last full day in Disney. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do and what better way to end a trip than experiencing a little magic in each park?

I have a plan: EMH in AK, then HS (where we’ll have 3 FPs), then Epcot (where we have an ADR for dinner), and then ending the night at MK.

Now that the ways of Disney are changing, I’m hesitant to go forth with the plan. For example, I could see MK reaching capacity and us not being allowed inside at night. I would hope that resort guests with FPs and ADRs booked in specific parks won’t be an issue at the gates, but I’m not quite sure.

Would anyone like to share some opinions on what I should do? My FP day is in a few days so I’d like to have my ducks in a row before then. I wouldn’t book my FPs at HS (probably wouldn’t even go) if we didn’t do the challenge.

And before anyone comments “parks won’t even be open then so don’t worry blah blah blah” save your energy, ignore my post, and move along please.:earboy2:
I think more of a problem of capacity would be the problem of shortened hours. I don´t think the parks will reach capacity in July but they might change operating hours. Exactly what are you trying to do at each park? is it a lot of attractions?

I think more of a problem of capacity would be the problem of shortened hours. I don´t think the parks will reach capacity in July but they might change operating hours. Exactly what are you trying to do at each park? is it a lot of attractions?

Oh no, I didn’t even factor in shorter park hours... Ride a few rides and enjoy a snack in each park would be ideal for us.

My sister and I did 4 parks 1 day in January. We started at HS to do ROTR and Galaxy’s Edge (park opened at 7) then after 12 went to EP, AK and ended at MK where they had EMH from 8-10. Our goal was to meet one character, ride one ride and eat something in each park, aside from HS where our goal was to ride both Galaxy's Edge rides and look around.

yeah that would be the biggest issue. Other than that it´s totally doable. Good luck

I respectfully disagree. With potentially shortened park hours, longer admission lines, longer lines and wait times due to distancing, transportation (be busses, monorail, ferry), this is not doable.

The only shortcut would be a minnie van. But, even then, there will be extended wait times.

I think that 4 parks in one day would eliminate the magic of Disney due to the offset of waiting, heat, and aggravation.

I respectfully disagree. With potentially shortened park hours, longer admission lines, longer lines and wait times due to distancing, transportation (be busses, monorail, ferry), this is not doable.

The only shortcut would be a minnie van. But, even then, there will be extended wait times.

I think that 4 parks in one day would eliminate the magic of Disney due to the offset of waiting, heat, and aggravation.

You bring up great points. Any problem I’ve ever had at WDW came from a transportation issue. Maybe I just need to wait to do the challenge in the future to avoid ending our trip on a bad note. I think I’m going to rearrange our plans... Hopefully park hopping between two parks is still feasible.

My best friend and I did it five years ago on our 40th birthday trip. It was a lot of fun! Obviously it took some serious planning on how to maximize our time but we made it happen! On our 50th we are planning on doing Disneyworld and Disneyland in the same day! Lol

I think if you have been to Disney a lot and want to try the 4 parks in 1 day then it would be something super fun to try but if it's not that situation then I don't know if I would want to miss things, etc...like someone said you do lose a little of the magic and it's pretty chaotic doing it but otherwise then I would go for it!

You bring up great points. Any problem I’ve ever had at WDW came from a transportation issue. Maybe I just need to wait to do the challenge in the future to avoid ending our trip on a bad note. I think I’m going to rearrange our plans... Hopefully park hopping between two parks is still feasible.

I didn't mean to rain on your parade, but I have a had a lot of trips to the parks somewhat ruined by assorted circumstances. I know what my demeanor is and I get irritated over little things, so I can't imagine having to try this now. Maybe in the future but not now (for reference, I'm a grumpy 40 something).

And, by the way way, I've had a terrible week. Thanks for saying I brought up great points. It made life a little bit brighter.

It really comes down to planning. Like i said in my post if park hours are significantly reduced it would make it hard, but we don't know what's going to happen.
As for 4 parks in one day eliminating the magic it really is the decision of the OP, who clearly wants to try it, for you it might be aggravating but that's not the case for everyone

It really comes down to planning. Like i said in my post if park hours are significantly reduced it would make it hard, but we don't know what's going to happen.
As for 4 parks in one day eliminating the magic it really is the decision of the OP, who clearly wants to try it, for you it might be aggravating but that's not the case for everyone

Anything is POSSIBLE, but feasability is the better approach. Even the most diligent planners will find this challenging. At this point, anyone planning on going to Disney should err or the side of caution versus optimism. Get a lot done, but don't expect too much. The best laid plans...

Ride a few rides and enjoy a snack in each park would be ideal for us.

Obviously the devil is in the details of whatever you mean by “a few” - but under normal circumstances nothing you’ve said sounds particularly crazy or far-fetched to me. Your park order seems the right way to go (start at the AM EMH park, late morning/mid-day FPs at DHS, Epcot is easy enough to refresh for 4th+ FPs for at least a few rides as the third park and your dinner, then on to MK, typically the latest park to close).

I mean, sure, post COVID changes and procedures could throw a wrinkle in everything (hours, park hoping, virtual queues, capacity, if a park is even open, etc), but my opinion is it doesn’t make much sense to worry / expend too much energy on unknowns. If I were you I’d plan as normal but obviously keep an open mind and adjust expectations if/when necessary based on whatever we end up learning about what WDW will look like in an eventual reopening. Although I’m sure others would prefer to have a better plan, and that’s OK.

We’ve done four park days, although admitedly not really on purpose - they’ve just evolved that way based on the flow of the day. They usually make for good memories if you can swing it.

Good luck.

Oh no, I didn’t even factor in shorter park hours... Ride a few rides and enjoy a snack in each park would be ideal for us.

If you look at what Universal is proposing for their park hours, they are closing a few hours early and not doing early entry. If WDW does that or doesn’t even open all parks in a day, then it will be really hard. I would probably not plan to do it at this time. WDW could also go to a reservation system or only allow AP holders to visit once a week. That’s what Shanghai is doing,

I think you I’ve sinks here will be transportation being limited and then park entry. Also I would think that rides will have reduced capacity and long waits. Doing RoTR and SM even in best cases would make it hard because you just don’t know with boarding groups. I might just put it off for now because no telling how things will be operating then.

Shortening hours would not help with social distancing. That would just cram more people in the park at the same time. And then Disney would have to deal with people who planned their days around FPs, which would then be gone due to shortened hours. It would also force all guests to do touring during the hottest & wettest part of the day (midday), which is the hardest time for guests to wear masks correctly. Makes no sense to shorten the hours.

In the summer, the parks all close between 9 & 10, so it's not like they're open until midnight, anyway. I could imagine EMH being eliminated for a while so that cleaning crews have a regular time each evening to do their deep cleaning work. But the parks closing at 7 or 8pm? That would be awful and counterproductive.

Shortening hours would not help with social distancing. That would just cram more people in the park at the same time. And then Disney would have to deal with people who planned their days around FPs, which would then be gone due to shortened hours. It would also force all guests to do touring during the hottest & wettest part of the day (midday), which is the hardest time for guests to wear masks correctly. Makes no sense to shorten the hours.

In the summer, the parks all close between 9 & 10, so it's not like they're open until midnight, anyway. I could imagine EMH being eliminated for a while so that cleaning crews have a regular time each evening to do their deep cleaning work. But the parks closing at 7 or 8pm? That would be awful and counterproductive.

I’m not a fan of closing the parks early either. However, Universal is closing their parks at 6 pm for the month of June. (I think that’s crazy early!) But I bet Disney will shorten their park hours too. :(

Until all the parks open and we see what the new normal looks like, nobody knows if this will be possible.

I’m not a fan of closing the parks early either. However, Universal is closing their parks at 6 pm for the month of June. (I think that’s crazy early!) But I bet Disney will shorten their park hours too. :(
I definitely wouldn't pay to attend if the hours were that short. Almost all of our July FastPasses are scheduled for 6-9pm, so we can avoid the parks during the worst rain and heat of the summer day.

This kind of thing is why I have a backup reservation booked at the Four Seasons. If going to Disney World in July is going to be that pathetic: forced to tour during the worst part of the summer day, etc., then we'll skip the theme parks entirely and spend our resort money on a company that values its customers a bit more.

If you look at what Universal is proposing for their park hours, they are closing a few hours early and not doing early entry. If WDW does that or doesn’t even open all parks in a day, then it will be really hard. I would probably not plan to do it at this time. WDW could also go to a reservation system or only allow AP holders to visit once a week. That’s what Shanghai is doing,

That would really upset me. Unless they are willing to start prorated refunds to those who have already paid in full for AP's, that simply is not fair to restrict AP holders, especially those who are residents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter