Is FP for FOF worthwhile?

shaynar

Mouseketeer
I have this booked for my upcoming trip, but I feel like the walk to the front of the park, getting there before 3 (and the parade won't get there until the end!) and then walking back is a waste of an hour, and it may just make sense to stalk out a spot in Frontierland instead.

Thoughts?

As long as the reserved spot is in Town Square, I don't think it's worth a FP (for all the reasons you stated).

I guess its all relative. I have used a FP for this before and probably will again. It was a great location from which to view the parade, the view was fantastic for taking pictures, and actually not having to stake out a spot an hour + in advance meant that we could squeeze in a few extra rides. I was travelling with my daughter who was five and it was a much more chilled out way to approach the parade, the character interactions were great and the FP area had plenty of room for everyone. There's no tension and no last minute intruders taking over your spot. And even during the Summer, it didn't take me near to an hour to get back to the attractions . My trick is always to have a walk through the Emporium through to Casey's Corner and have a nice browse thus avoiding the Main Street throng.

but I feel like... getting there before 3 (and the parade won't get there until the end!)

Regardless of what the FP time says, you won't have to get there until much closer to the time the parade arrives at the location.
They won't stop you from entering just because the time has "lapsed."

The longer you wait, of course, you will have less chance of getting a "curb spot" from which to see the parade.

Last edited:

We hope so. Last yr we saw the parade from way afar and thought it looked good. I got FP on two different days. Not sure it it runs during rain, but we aren't willing to sit out in the open for 30 mins or so in the rain. So if weather is bad one day, we still have a chance. We wanted to do this now, our next trip is in May and we are afraid it may be too hot to sit in the sun for that length. Sorry to sound like old folks, but that what we are. LOL

For me the combination of the parade not arriving there until around 20 minutes after it started in Frontierland, plus the fact that the viewing area was in full sun, was enough for me to pass on it. We ended up finding a shady spot in Frontierland to watch and were very happy with the experience.

For me the combination of the
1. parade not arriving there until around 20 minutes after it started in Frontierland, plus the fact that the viewing area was in full sun, was enough for me to pass on it.
2.We ended up finding a shady spot in Frontierland to watch and were very happy with the experience.

1. It's actually closer to a full half-hour to reach the current Town Square viewing area after the parade starts.

2. Agree that's a great way to go.
Also, good spots in Liberty Square.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter