• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is GC non-smoking?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
And if so, how effective is it? Do many people smoke on their balconies? In their rooms? I recently heard that the hotel is Non-smoking and was curious as to how it works out.

Smokers can smoke on the balconies, preferably with the doors shut.

My husband and I are non-smokers, and we've never smelled smoke or smoky rooms when staying there.

The hotel is considered non-smoking and we've never noticed a problem inside the hotel or in the rooms, but outside people can smoke in the walkways, etc... There is a really nice outside area with a fireplace where you can sit that we went to relax, but couldn't stand to stay there because it was obviously a smoking section-ashtrays on the tables and the smell was strong. The rest of the outside walkways we didn't notice a smell unless we passed someone smoking, which was occasionally. Also, there is no smoking around the pools. :)

We'll be there for 6 days in a couple of weeks.

I'll post when we get back whether or not there are any problems.

We were there for a 3 day stay in August but spent most of that time at the parks. Did not notice any problems then.

janet

After four stays at the GC, I can't recall seeing anyone smoke on the balconies, although it is allowed. I don't think you'll have a problem there. Once in a while, you will walk past someone who is smoking along one of the outside walkways, or near the entrance to California Adventure....but there are ashtrays there, so it is allowed.

We have stayed at the GCH each year fir thpast three years and never had any problem with other guests smoking until our last stay. The people or person staying two floors up from us would smoke A LOT very late at night when we were sleeping. Each morning when we woke up and opened the balcony doors our room would have a whole lot of cigarette ash blown in all over the place. I called the front desk to complain and I was told that there was nothing that could be done about it and that other rooms were complaining about the same guests smoking. We were told that we would just have to wait until they left which was three days into our stay. I was not too pleased about that. It was really gross, not mention a health hazard to our two daughters (7 and 3) who are both have asthma.

My husband and I decided not to stay at the GCH anymore. We are returning in January and had originally booked our stay at the DLH with an AP rate of $89.00. Yesterday Central Reservations call me and because they over-booked the DLH so we will be staying at the GCH for the same great rate. I'm hoping that we don't run into any more problems with inconsiderate smokers and their ashes flying into our room again.

Jen

What dates were you booked for DLH at $89? I only ask because we have ressies for 1/8 & 1/9 there for $89, also. Would love to be bumped to GC :flower: As far as smoking, when you check in they make you sign something that states if you smoke in the room you will be charged like a zillion dollars to sanitize and clean the room. Anyway, you would have to be foolish to smoke in there!

lulubelle said:
What dates were you booked for DLH at $89? I only ask because we have ressies for 1/8 & 1/9 there for $89, also. Would love to be bumped to GC :flower: As far as smoking, when you check in they make you sign something that states if you smoke in the room you will be charged like a zillion dollars to sanitize and clean the room. Anyway, you would have to be foolish to smoke in there!

Hi lulubelle. We are going 1/23 for four nights. I booked the room back in the end of October and they called a couple of days ago to ask if it was okay to bump us to the GCH. I say call central reservations and see what they can do for you. I have to say that although I LOVE the great rate that we are getting my husband and I were a little cautious when we went for the upgrade since our past experience at the GCH was not what one normally expects at a "luxury" hotel.

After the third day of complaining to the front desk about the yucky smoker above us they did share with me that that guest was in fact getting dinged the $200.00 fee for sanitizing their room. I think they should have been charged even more since the roof over-hang under my balcony was covered in their cigarette butts. I hope they though it was worth it! :rotfl:

People under us smoked on their balcony this past summer. You go out on your balcony in the morning to enjoy the beautiful view and get wacked with smoke. Not pleasant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter