Is Genie+ worth it?

Worth it depends on you, which 2 parks you are visiting, which rides you want to ride and your tolerance for waiting in line. I don't buy it and I'm able to ride all the rides I want to ride. However, I don't mind waiting in line, I visit often, I always have park hoppers and I don't/can't ride some of the "must dos". For example: I'm not a fan of Flight of Passage, makes me a little sick. I don't ride EE, makes me a little sick. I can take or leave Rise, I've ridden it a number of times. I don't ride Space Mountain, it hurts me. So, I can hit pretty much all I want to ride by doing a combination of going to a park in the evening then hitting the same park later (usually the next day) in the morning.

Worth it depends on you, which 2 parks you are visiting, which rides you want to ride and your tolerance for waiting in line. I don't buy it and I'm able to ride all the rides I want to ride. However, I don't mind waiting in line, I visit often, I always have park hoppers and I don't/can't ride some of the "must dos". For example: I'm not a fan of Flight of Passage, makes me a little sick. I don't ride EE, makes me a little sick. I can take or leave Rise, I've ridden it a number of times. I don't ride Space Mountain, it hurts me. So, I can hit pretty much all I want to ride by doing a combination of going to a park in the evening then hitting the same park later (usually the next day) in the morning.
Awesome! Thanks ;)

Hollywood studios 2 weeks ago we were able to do everything we wanted multiple times. We were able to use Genie+ for: Slinky Dog Dash, Mickey Minnie, Smuggler’s Run, Midway Mania, and Rocking Rollercoaster. $3/ride/person. We thought it was worth it. We also did standby on most of those rides so we’re able to easily ride multiple times by 8pm when is started raining.

At Hollywood Studios, yes. Everywhere else depends entirely on the time of year, whether you plan to rope drop and can get yourself to the park early, and what your "must do" rides are.

I think if you're really good at walking and looking at your phone that Genie+ would be worth it. You also have to remember to wake up at 6:50a to get ready to select at 7a. Techno people get really good at stacking and have successfully used G+ for 6 to 9 rides daily. So it really depends on your motivation. Me, I'm motivated to ride a couple of rides and hit the beverage stand - LOL.

So, I'm going to say yes it's worth it, but I think the answer to that question depends on so many factors, like your budget (obviously), the makeup of your party, and what you hope to accomplish in the time that you are there.

Despite my SEVERE opposition to any kind of paid fastpass, once we actually were in the parks and using Genie+, I was surprised to find that I thought it was a worthwhile service. It is not without it's flaws, but it worked well for us. It was easier to use than it seemed in theory, and I was able to snag 5 or 6 Genie+ attractions for us most days. Stacking for the evenings worked best for us.

A lot of factors worked together to get me to the point where I felt like yea, it was worth it. Probably the biggest factor for us is that we have two small kids with a low threshold for waiting in lines. Long lines are an absolute no-go for us, and without Genie+ we would have ridden next to nothing. If it were just me and my husband, we could probably get away without Genie+ but considering I also hate waiting in lines, I'd still probably pay for it even without kids.

I only ever purchased genie+ for Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom and I thought it was worth it for me. Just make sure you read up on how to take full advantage of it.

Yes, for us it was worth it. I was able to stack for later in the afternoon when we went. We didn't go early because the heat was too much for us. I don't think we would have enjoyed the parks as much without it.

Really is a personal preference. On our last trip, we were there the week before Christmas 2021. We knew with crowds, it would be worth the splurge. We are early risers so we rope dropped ILLs and never added that cost on. Then we used Genie+ on all other rides. It helped us go at a more relaxed pace. I would say the ones where it was the most helpful would be MK and HS. On our AK and Epcot day we typically were stacking Genie+ for when we park hopped in the evening.

We (FINALLY) made it back to Orlando in April this year, with 4 day park tickets. (AK, HS, HS, MK booked).

I wanted to make sure we got onto all rides as we wanted so I definitely felt it was worthwhile. The park with the least luck was HS as far as being able to book with speed/efficiency. I would 100% use at AK and MK again though, especially only having one day per park (I know, 2 at HS but it was our most desired park to visit).

AK was super awesome, we were basically able to book rides one after another and saw the entire park without too much effort. (Rope dropped FoP, about a 45 minute wait?).

HS I had difficulty finding rides without too much time between FP, so we would have maybe a couple hours between rides. Which meant standing in lines. Still had lots to do/see so not a waste by any means.

MK had good luck at as well, perhaps due to the # rides available for FP?

Might depend on time of year as well. I've heard the last 2 weeks have been very quiet in Orlando so probably not worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter