Is Hagrids open for EE?

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
We are headed to Island of Adventure June 5th and are staying on site so early entry to the park that day is 8am. I feel like at one point Hagrids was not running during the EE time but Im not sure. Can anyone confirm if its open at 8am. Weve only rode once and it was a couple years ago and we got to the front of the park over an hour before open and went straight there. Hoping we are able to do the same. I really wish they would add it to express pass. Thanks!

Yes, Hagrid's is open for early park admission though it does tend to be delayed during that time. From my personal experience, Hagrid's was delayed every single time I have used early park admission at IoA. I recommend getting there at least 40-ish minutes before the beginning of early park admission since the majority of the crowd will be going to Hagrid's.

We just returned from our 1st UO Trip & we were among the first 15 or so people in line for Hagrid's during EE. Unfortunately, it was down. The fact that it was our first time & not knowing any better we waited 80 minutes for the ride to be fixed. Someone in line said it was the 3rd straight day it didn't open with the park. Published wait times seemed to settle in at 75 minutes that day, so we didn't bother rope dropping it the next day and rode it mid-day with a 40 minute wait.

Last trip Hagrid's was open but an instant multiple hour wait posted. Other than that the ONLY other ride open was Velocicoaster. DS rode several times before the line grew. It was worth early entry just for him to do that. Disappointing about Hagrid's though.

Hagrid's does tend to experience issues in the early AM. We also attempted to ride it last May during Early Entry and after getting in line for a few it was down, they closed the line and then gave everyone the option of waiting or leaving. We left and my husband rode VelociCoaster and that became our plan the other several days we were there to just do that ride instead. We did get Hagrid's in shortly after opening when it came back on line one of the days.

My personal advice would be for Early Entry to head towards VelociCoaster instead OR other Harry Potter attractions in Hogsmeade so you can stay close to that area in case it's down and gets back up.

Was Forbidden Journey not open that morning? It normally is open for EE.
No, just the two. I think that is the hard part with having just a few open for EE ... all it takes is one not opening on time, and it crushes the others. So after DS was done Velocicoaster we backtracked to Green Eggs & Ham for breakfast ... then all was open.

Let me ask something that has probably been asked since the dawn of Hagrid's...

Why does this happen so frequently? It's not a new ride anymore. What is it that happens overnight that causes it to be such an unpredictable experience in the morning? Is it really not something they could take care of after the park closes the night before?

This is the one annoying aspect of the express pass for us. We know that we need to attack Hagrid's early because basically everything else is easy. If we knew Hagrid's was going to be down then we would probably just not even bother going to the parks until later in the morning but there is no way to know until you get there.

(Though with that said, there is actually something pretty awesome about being the first people to walk into those HP areas.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter