Is i a crime to wear sweatpants to school?

I don't mind it and both of my younger kids wear them to school. As long as they are reasonably matching and in clean clothes, I'm not too picky. I will not wear them though and none of us wears PJ pants anywhere other than around the house.

Sweatpants are against thr dress code at thr schoocl my boys attend. They change into them for PE but they are rerquired to change back before the next class.

I'm a sophomore in college and still wear sweats some days. Thankfully, I don't go to school in a city, so I'm definitely not alone on my campus of 16,000 when I do decide to wear them. We know it doesn't look great--my friends and I even make fun of ourselves and call those days, "bum it" days. As long as nothing important is going on that day, not a big deal at all. Never was in high school either. Some days you just want to be extra comfy. (If I were having an individual meeting with a professor/advisor that day, or something else where I needed to impress someone, then of course I wouldn't. But on a normal class day, no problem).

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as they are clean and in good shape!:)

DD15 doesn't wear them, but only because it isn't her thing.

My dd 15 wears them once in a blue moon to school. I tell her she is a bum when she wears them. ;)

I just figured you're an athlete, and each group at school has their own dress code, and that's part of the athlete's dress code. Not a biggie in my book. Better than the distracting half outfits some girls wear!

Sweatpants at school? A crime? Only if your daughter's friends are Regina George, Gretchen Wieners (her Father is the inventor of the toaster streudel, doncha know), and Karen Smith. If so, your daughter can wear sweatpants once a week, anything more than that, she can't sit with them at lunch. And, oh, on Wednesday's they wear pink.

Sorry, couldn't resist!!

In all seriousness, she should wear sweatpants whenever she chooses. If the school doesn't have a problem with sweats violating the dress code, then who cares!

We have casual Friday's at work (no sweats, but jeans/capris are ok), and let me tell you - I get more work done on Friday's than any other day of the week, because I am more comfortable. For me, comfort = productive

Now, pajama pants (the ones that are clearly pajama pants) at the malls, movies, etc.....whole other issue in my book.

So, OP, tell your daughter to wear her sweats if that is what she wants to wear.

You go Glen Coco!!!

My girls are younger, 5 and 2.5, but I let them dress themselves most days. So long as the clothes are clean and weather appropriate, I don't care if it's stripes and polka dots.

I hope they stay this way forever. I'm very proud of my girls confidence.

I must be the weird one here because I never pay attention to what other people are wearing. I don't really care. As long as something indecent isn't hanging out have at it.

Having said that, my kids do not wear sweats to school. The reason being that they would be full of holes after a month of football/soccer/whatever at recess. They wear jeans everyday.

I don't wear sweats out in public myself because I'm short and frumpy. Sweats make me look shorter and frumpier. This is my own issue. Not that jeans make me look fabulous mind you.

Since I work from home I wear yoga pants everyday. I've never done yoga once in my life, but I love the pants!

At our school its a crime that will get you detention. No sweats, gym shorts, yoga pants, PJ's etc. Also no T-shirts with words or images, no tank tops, no strapless shirts, no short shorts.

My kids like to wear track pants, not sweats, but I won't let them wear them in public unless we are going for a run. I am one that puts on yoga pants and a baggy T as soon as I walk in the door, but I will not go out in public dressed that way.

LiveYourLife said:
Sweatpants at school? A crime? Only if your daughter's friends are Regina George, Gretchen Wieners (her Father is the inventor of the toaster streudel, doncha know), and Karen Smith. If so, your daughter can wear sweatpants once a week, anything more than that, she can't sit with them at lunch. And, oh, on Wednesday's they wear pink.

You go Glen Coco!!!

:rotfl2:

I dress like a bum every day. T-shirt and shorts or old jeans, ratty tennis shoes. I get dirty at my job, so nice clothes are kind of a waste. I do however draw the line at sweatpants. It's a look men just simply cannot pull off in public :rotfl: I do know young girls can kind of pull off the nicer ones with bright colors and/or logos occasionally, but if they're just play gray sweats, that would look kind of sloppy.

Here is my 2c..

Pajamas are never appropriate in public. That looks sloppy and trashy. Sweatpants are fine if they are nice sweatpants
(Abercrombie, American eagle, Aerie, Hollister, etc), not the Hanes ones. Yoga pants are also fine.

For myself, I remember wearing them for elem school for gym days only. MS would wear Adidas track pants sometimes, but I always felt that they looked bad so I wouldn't wear the, too often. I went to a HS with a uniform so I never wore sweats then, not even gym days because we had gym uniforms as well. I wore sweats in college all the time for undergrad, but never pajamas. For grad school every once in a while I will wear togas, but not very often. I find it just as easy to put jeans on than sweats and they are just as comfortable.

I will say that I once wore a pair of jeans to school and my friends made fun of them so I never wore them again. MS girls are blunt and mean, often without realizing it.

:thumbsup2

Bumming it is a way of life at my school. I don't have a problem with lounge pants, sweats, or leggings. Some days you feel like wearing a dress and heels, other days you just can't be bothered. Might as well take advantage while we're young and don't have to wear work clothes.

I had to wear a uniform for primary and secondary schools so when I left and started sixth form college and could wear whatever I liked it was amazing. I wore sweatpants pretty frequently and everyone else also dressed quite casually.

I don't like jeans- they're tight and uncomfortable and I can never find a pair that fits me right. I would rather be comfortable then fashionable!

Thought of this thread this morning. DD came out of her room wearing sweatpants, hoodie, Uggs and pearl earrings.
It is snowing and it's her snow day attire. She looks fine.

6 pages about sweatpants? :rotfl2:

Hey OP, tell your DD she's fine and to wear what makes her comfortable. If her 'friend' has a problem with it she should tell her to buzz off! :banana:

Sparkly said:
I don't like jeans- they're tight and uncomfortable and I can never find a pair that fits me right. !

This sounds like the beginning of one of those pajama jean commercials. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter