Is it a pain to not have park tickets linked to MDE?

LandonDunes

Mouseketeer
Was going to book park tix with points thru Chase but they’re telling me that if I do that separate from a package with a hotel room, I can only pick up tickets at will call...and I can’t link them to my magic bands/MDE. Is this true?

Seems like it would be a pain to not have them linked up and to have hard copies of tix. Thoughts? Thanks.

I don't know about it being true, but yes that would be a pain. Cant make fastpasses that way.

Really? I didn’t know I couldn’t make fast passes. I thought there would be some record of me, having passes, in the system.

If it isn't linked to your account, there wouldn't be a record of you having tickets. Only people actually going can make FP+ reservations. Imagine the chaos if just anyone could make FP+ whenever, without registering tickets. I could log on right now and make FP every day for the next 6 months. It would really mess up the system. It definitely seems like a pain.

I booked tickets through chase, actually I think it ended up that chase used fun jet vacations. They send you a confirmation code through email one for fun jet then another a few days later that has the Disney confirmation number that after a few days will allow you to link your tickets to MDE online. Works great.

Edit: you do not need to book through a package you can buy the tickets separately with chase ultimate rewards then follow what I said above.

Yes it is a giant pain not to have your tickets linked on MDE. Can you get a gift card with your Chase points and use that for dining and souvenirs?

I booked tickets through chase, actually I think it ended up that chase used fun jet vacations. They send you a confirmation code through email one for fun jet then another a few days later that has the Disney confirmation number that after a few days will allow you to link your tickets to MDE online. Works great.

Edit: you do not need to book through a package you can buy the tickets separately with chase ultimate rewards then follow what I said above.

This is very helpful. Thank you.

@LandonDunes is this thru the Chase Ultimate Rewards site? I didn't realize they had Disney tickets. In fact I've always just gotten the cash back. I'm looking under travel but don't see them? Tried search and not getting any hits either???

@LandonDunes is this thru the Chase Ultimate Rewards site? I didn't realize they had Disney tickets. In fact I've always just gotten the cash back. I'm looking under travel but don't see them? Tried search and not getting any hits either???

Yes! You have to Call Ultimate Rewards ask specifically for the “cruise and tour” department. I didn’t know they sold them either until I saw it mentioned on these boards about 2-3 days ago.

And, I was just able to get it done. After the first person told me I couldn’t link the tickets if I bought them without a hotel room as part of a package, I called back and a different agent told me that I could, indeed, link the tickets. I just added them to my MDE account about an hour ago.

Last edited:
Yes! You have to Call Ultimate Rewards ask specifically for the “cruise and tour” department. I didn’t know they sold them either until I saw it mentioned on these boards about 2-3 days ago.

And, I was just able to get it done. After the first person told me I couldn’t link the tickets if I bought them without a hotel room as part of a package, I called back and the agent told me that I could, indeed, link the tickets. I just added them to my MDE account about an hour ago.
Good to know! Thanks

We’re the tickets face value price or discounted (or surcharged)? Use ultimate rewards all the time (have even booked Disney hotels) but never saw ticket options (or if I did the price in points was a very bad exchange).

We’re the tickets face value price or discounted (or surcharged)? Use ultimate rewards all the time (have even booked Disney hotels) but never saw ticket options (or if I did the price in points was a very bad exchange).

Same exact price as booking on Disney website. I had it pulled up on their as the agent read me the price.

I think Chase points are pretty good...at least much better than Amex. A 6 day w/PH for 3 adults (10yrs+) and 2 kids was $2500 which = 200,000 points. Again, you can’t see them on the site. You have to ask for the “Cruise and Tour” dept specifically.

Sweet! If they are the same price, I'll still get my tickets through UT, but that's good to know to save some cash. I'll check my points balance. Last time I used it to rent a car. 300-350 points for aaFord Fiesta for two weeks. I love my Chase card.

I would check to see if you are getting the numbers by email. I booked a package through Costco and I never did receive "tickets", just numbers. It freaked me out a bit, and I guess I could have picked up the tickets at will call, but never bothered--once we entered the numbers in MDE, the tickets weren't really necessary.

Same exact price as booking on Disney website. I had it pulled up on their as the agent read me the price.

I think Chase points are pretty good...at least much better than Amex. A 6 day w/PH for 3 adults (10yrs+) and 2 kids was $2500 which = 200,000 points. Again, you can’t see them on the site. You have to ask for the “Cruise and Tour” dept specifically.

That’s great. I have the reserve so I’m getting 1.5 cents/point. If they sell APs, will likely go this route next time. Depending on discounts available elsewhere, may just do it anyway for regular tickets so as not to lay out the cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter