Is it a snack or not?

garada3

DIS Veteran
For those with dining plan experience...how do I know what items are okay to select as a snack?

Is it marked in some way or do I have to ask every time we want to choose one? If it is marked, does anybody have a picture of how it is marked?

I am worried that my kids will pick things from menus that aren't included snacks then get upset when we have to say 'no'. It will be much easier if the okay snacks are marked in some way on menus and they can see for themselves what the choices are.

thanks!

You will seee a purple square next to the item that has DPP in it right on the menu at the cart, restaurant or stand. Some stands don't take the dining plan.

Pretty much all the carts have "DP" next to the snacks that are on the plan. We stay at POR and I noticed that things weren't marked very clearly in regards to the DP last October. I do know that the fruits and Mickey rice krispy treats were counted as a snack. In the parks it is clearly marked most places.

In the parks you should have no trouble with the carts. Those that take it are clearly marked and they usually have a menu picture board with what takes it marked. Plus, the reader is usually clearly visible.

It's the counters where you may have a bit of trouble. Some things they'll sell you and count em as a counter rather than a snack so be careful here. Particularly in the bakeries. Most of the snack shack type counters had em clearly marked also.

The Dolewhip place and a couple others do not take it at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter