• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it an easy walk from MK to CR's Contempo Cafe?

DisneyFirstTimer10

DIS Veteran
We were thinking about heading to contempo Cafe for a QS lunch on our MK day- wondering if its a quick and easy walk.

Also- is there anywhere in the CR that you would recommend having a drink if the kids are napping in their strollers?

Thanks!

There is a walking path between CR and MK. it is a nice little walk. If it's too hot just hop the monorail over.

I believe there is a bar on the main floor with Chef Mickey's and the Contempo Cafe but I'm not 100% sure.

It is not too far (10 mins?), but honestly I wouldn't go through the trouble if you are planning on going back to MK afterward. The distance from the MK gate to the contemporary is not that far, but then you have to account for leaving wherever you are in MK, walking through the park, then getting to the Contemp and then navigating to the restaurant. Then going back through the MK gate again on your way back.

If you are going to be done at MK for the day (or afternoon) then it is probably not as bad.

It is worth the walk if you want (need) a drink. ;) The Outer Rim is right across from the Contempo Cafe. It opens at 5pm. I think you can get beer at the Contempo cafe. CR pool bar is open at noon.

Here is a picture of exactly how the walk from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary will look like.

MKwalkway.jpg

In the real world it's not that far in the scheme of things. After a couple of days at the parks however, it's too much of a walk for me!

Just my .02 :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter