Is it best to book direct on the disney site?

Angiepea

Earning My Ears
Hi
I am looking at booking 4 nights over 2006 easter for my partners 40th birthday, it is going to be a surprise. I want a few little extras so would be looking at mid to top range hotel, A few years ago we stayed at the sequoine lodge and loved it, might do that again. The price disney co uk have given me is around the £850 mark, just for the two of us. Is there any over options for booking that can beat this price?
A.

::MinnieMo Hi There

Welcome to the list !!

I've recently joined and gained the following info but others may be able to help more.

The Holiday Inn (offsite) seems to get great recommendations and If you book there on their site and buy annual passes separately you will get a whole lot of discounts including reduced restaurant rates in the parks.

We bought shares (around 10p each -you've got to have a minimum of 500 to join)and joined the shareholder club which gets similar discounts to the annual passes as we'd already booked accomodation at the Seq Lodge.You can also book room only accomodation with this but I think only for two nights
:confused3

Hopefully others will be able to help more.

Angela :grouphug:

angiepea, how are you planning on getting to Disney. If by eurostar, we found it cheaper to book with eurostar instead.

We are probaly going to fly from Liverpool via easy jet, its cheap enough.
I was really wanting to stay onsite, just love the feel.
Angie

It depends on the dates and whether you can get 4 nights for the price of 3.
Have a look at various date options and compare the prices. I haven't used a travel agent for a long time and have booked hotels and travel seperately and found this always to be the cheapest option :)

Reid

Welcome to the DIS Angiepea! :wave2: I'm another Liverpool Easyjet flyer!!

I agree the Sequoia Lodge is very nice - and staying onsite is wonderful! If you wanted something a bit more luxurious, which doesn't cost too much more, then I can highly recommend the Hotel New York. ;) Otherwise it's the Disneyland Hotel which, of course, is quite a bit more expensive.

If you're looking to book just accomodation, then the only option (that I've ever heard of) is direct with Disney. And the only ways to reduce the price they offer is, as disneyangel mentioned, either becoming a Shareholder's Club member, or buying an annual pass.

Angiepea, I also always book through Easyjet. You probably already know but it is MUCH cheaper if you book at least 3 months in advance. I have always found booking directly through the Disney website to be much cheaper. Depending on your dates, you may be able to get a 4 for 3 or 3 for 2 offer. Also, certain times of the year you can combine the above mentioned offer with a kids go free offer which makes it really cheap if you have kids. I think Jan is one of those times. Also, on certain dates in Jan Magic Unlimited is on. This means if you go on these dates you can go on the rides as many times as you want without getting off. I have to agree with Becky about HNY. Its wonderful and my favourite by far. It has great themeing and is much more luxurious than for example the NPBC. I would pay the little bit extra and book it. You can pay even more and get a lake view room looking across at SL and NPBC. Let us know what you decide!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter