Is it better to make a NEW ressie when codes come out?

Gymbomom

<font color=teal>The best seat in the "house" for
With all the craziness with modifiying a reservation, it makes me nervous about it.
I have booked, something we can afford for January with the hope of upgrading when AP rates come out in October or November. The CM said to call back and modifiy the EXISTING reservation to apply my money to the changed reservation.
It seems pepole are having trouble with this, am I better just to make a complete seperate reservation, then call back and cancel the other one?

Gymbomom said:
With all the craziness with modifiying a reservation, it makes me nervous about it.
I have booked, something we can afford for January with the hope of upgrading when AP rates come out in October or November. The CM said to call back and modifiy the EXISTING reservation to apply my money to the changed reservation.
It seems pepole are having trouble with this, am I better just to make a complete seperate reservation, then call back and cancel the other one?

I'm not sure they'll let you make a separate reservation for the same dates. I haven't heard about anybody having trouble with modifying existing reservations, except for some really convoluted situations involving split stays. I upgraded my reservation from an AAA rate to a code rate without any problems.

When I called about a certain code, I already had a reservation. I made a brand new reservation with the code, then cancelled the old one - this was for two different resorts though.

If you are just applying a code to stay at the same resort you have booked then it's not a problem. IF the code isn't available and you are changing resorts or if you are upgrading b/c of the discount then more often than not they have you cancel and rebook. They will let you book the new one first then cancel the old one. It seems like every now and then I get a CM who manages to switch everything over but it's rare and it takes longer. I think most of the time I end up talking to someone who isn't sure how to do it, so they just rebook.

I have done this both ways. I've booked a room with a code without informing CRO that I had one at a higher rate for the same week. Whether this info pops up on their screen, I don't know. Once I secured my ressie with the code, I cancelled the existing one on the spot. Last Oct. I applied the BDP code to my Pop Cent. ressie. Pop wasn't available so they gave me AllStar Mo for the reduced rate but on the same reservation number.

Bill From PA

The morning AP rates came out, I got into CRO at 6:59 am with no wait and got a great CM. I asked if the AP rate was available for my dates. He took my info and all my existing ressies popped up on his screen. At the time I had:
1 night YC, rack rate
4 nights YC, AAA rate
5 nights CR, AAA rate
The CM was able to switch my ressies and my two deposits to the AP rate, and he refunded the deposit for the 1st night at YC, since I was able to get all nights at the AP rate.
Now mind you, it took a full 28 minutes for him to get this all done...reserving the room, transfering the deposits, cancelling the old ressies, getting the new confirmation numbers. We had lots of time for chit-chat, because it took a long time for things to load onto his computer. But I got exactly what I wanted. It just takes a patient CM and a patient guest!

See, now this is what confuses me! I'm also thinking of getting a discount, but, if not, I've paid my money for the week for room only ressies. I'm hoping that if a code comes out, they can switch over my money - to refund it, then for me to have to make it over again seems silly, to me. I had wanted to switch the ressie into my Dad's name, since he is a Florida resident, and they said no, the only way to do it is to cancel it, have my Dad call and make the ressie, and then I couldnt add a deposit! WHAT?!! Sheesh, it all seems so simple to me... :rotfl2:

It's like I want the world to revolve around me or something!!! :rotfl:

Gymbomom:
In the past I have simply modified my existing reservations without difficulty. However, with the release of annual pass rates earlier this month, I attempted to modify my exisiting AAA reservation to AP rates. All was set, or so I thought, until 10 days later when I received written confirmation of my cancelled, not modified, reservations. A call to CRO cleared it up, but then again, AP rates for our stay were still available (I would have been less easygoing if they could not rebook us at the lower AP rate). Modify existing reservations, but take the extra step of calling back to insure that all is well (as well as checking your written confirmation when received).

catnik said:
Gymbomom:
In the past I have simply modified my existing reservations without difficulty. However, with the release of annual pass rates earlier this month, I attempted to modify my exisiting AAA reservation to AP rates. All was set, or so I thought, until 10 days later when I received written confirmation of my cancelled, not modified, reservations. A call to CRO cleared it up, but then again, AP rates for our stay were still available (I would have been less easygoing if they could not rebook us at the lower AP rate). Modify existing reservations, but take the extra step of calling back to insure that all is well (as well as checking your written confirmation when received).

This is what I am worried about. We need two weekends at Disney, as we will be in OKW and BCV for the other part of the weeks.
One weekend is marathon weekend (which we are doing) and the next is MLK weekend. So I just have concern that even when rates are released, they might be hard to get...then if things get confusing, I won't get anything.

I have made a reservation for POR for those times at Rack Rate, I would like to stay at AKL the first weekend and WL the second. I would like the reservation to be paid for, but would rather not to be anxious for ten days while I receive my confirmation for a changed reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter