Is it easier to get Remy Brunch than Palo Brunch?

I know a lot of people on here RAVE about Palo Brunch and though I would love to do Palo Brunch, I want to try to get Remy Brunch on my upcoming cruise. I was wondering if it is easier to get Remy Brunch or if they are just about equally as difficult to reserve.

I’m very invested in getting Remy Brunch on my upcoming cruise because 1) Ratatouille is my favorite movie - I watch it every Saturday morning and 2) our cruise next year is on the Magic and Remy is not on that ship so I will be more invested in Palo on that cruise.

I’m also trying for Remy Dessert for the same reason. As I am only a silver, I know that I will be depending on OBB unless a reservation opens.

I have been able to book Remy Dinner twice, so I am over the moon about that!

Remy and Palo dinner are the easiest to get, then Remy brunch. The Remy dessert experience is usually only on 1 day. I don’t know if it’s harder than Palo brunch, since that’s usually multiple days, but platinum and pearl like to use their Palo credit for brunch a lot. Remy dessert might be slightly easier to get. I assume interchanging Remy with Enchante on the Wish is the same.

Remy and Palo dinner are the easiest to get, then Remy brunch. The Remy dessert experience is usually only on 1 day. I don’t know if it’s harder than Palo brunch, since that’s usually multiple days, but platinum and pearl like to use their Palo credit for brunch a lot. Remy dessert might be slightly easier to get. I assume interchanging Remy with Enchante on the Wish is the same.
This is what I am hoping! We have 2 sea days and they are both showing Brunch and dessert on those days, so I am wishing hard!!

This is what I am hoping! We have 2 sea days and they are both showing Brunch and dessert on those days, so I am wishing hard!!
Which itinerary? Usually 7 night Caribbean, western at least, only has 1 Remy dessert. It has to be a sea day. I think our 9 night southern Caribbean last summer had 3 Remy dessert. Being silver and with the ship very full with platinums, and some website maintenance, we couldn’t get the Remy dessert or brunch. We did get the brunch once we were on board. Got offered dessert later but for the same day as a brunch; passed on dessert due to too much food.

Hi, did OP manage to get a reservation for brunch?
I’d like to gift this to my husband, does anyone know if I can prepay everything so the servers don’t bring him the bill? Thank you

We've been to Remy/Enchante well over 20 times; unfortunately, the bill comes due...

However, you can pre-purchase onboard credit to cover the cost o the meal. Remy automatically includes an 18% gratuity, and you have the option to add to that. If you want to avoid a comment like, "This cost how much?" maybe asking the server to bring you the bill instead of him? The bill is added to your account, just like an excursion

I’d like to gift this to my husband, does anyone know if I can prepay everything so the servers don’t bring him the bill? Thank you
You could try stopping by Remy a day or two before your brunch and asking the staff how to arrange so your husband doesn’t see the bill. If you can’t pay in advance, you could head to the restroom shortly before the end of the meal and sign the bill then.

We've been to Remy/Enchante well over 20 times; unfortunately, the bill comes due...

However, you can pre-purchase onboard credit to cover the cost o the meal. Remy automatically includes an 18% gratuity, and you have the option to add to that. If you want to avoid a comment like, "This cost how much?" maybe asking the server to bring you the bill instead of him? The bill is added to your account, just like an excursion
Thank you, I was going to send him alone for some quiet time away as I am booking myself something alone as well :) it’s not a big deal if he sees the bill but it would have been nice if it was something he didn’t have to think about. Thanks for answering my question.

I have a follow up question, do you know what the options are for non-alcoholic drinkers

You could try stopping by Remy a day or two before your brunch and asking the staff how to arrange so your husband doesn’t see the bill. If you can’t pay in advance, you could head to the restroom shortly before the end of the meal and sign the bill then.
Thank you, that’s a good idea, I will ask them directly during our sailing :)

Thank you, I was going to send him alone for some quiet time away as I am booking myself something alone as well :) it’s not a big deal if he sees the bill but it would have been nice if it was something he didn’t have to think about. Thanks for answering my question.

I have a follow up question, do you know what the options are for non-alcoholic drinkers
I don't drink, but DW does. I get a 'Linguini', which is a fruity concoction, to start the meal when she gets the champagne. She'll have a glass of wine, but I drink water through the meal. Don't want to pollute the (amazing) tastes with anything else. They offer still, bottled & sparkling water. I'm not fussy, so I get the still (tap) water.

I don't drink, but DW does. I get a 'Linguini', which is a fruity concoction, to start the meal when she gets the champagne. She'll have a glass of wine, but I drink water through the meal. Don't want to pollute the (amazing) tastes with anything else. They offer still, bottled & sparkling water. I'm not fussy, so I get the still (tap) water.
Thank you! Good to know there are options😊

Since the minimum age for Remy and Palo is 18 and the ship’s drinking age is 21, there are definitely non-alcoholic beverage options. I have had hot tea from a wide selection, and I am sure guests could order a mocktail (in addition to the Linguini, which replaces the complimentary Colette cocktail for those who don’t want alcohol).

haven't done Palo.

managed to snag Remy dessert on our first cruise because it was still covid.

then managed to snag Remy brunch this past summer on a euro cruise then Remy dinner on nyc cruise halloween.

haven't done Palo.

all three of the Remy experiences we have were worth every cent for different reasons.

worried that we either won't be able to do enchante on the treasure in jan or that enchanted won't live up to the standard Remy has set for us.

haven't done Palo.

then managed to snag Remy brunch this past summer on a euro cruise then Remy dinner on nyc cruise halloween.

haven't done Palo.

all three of the Remy experiences we have were worth every cent for different reasons.

worried that we either won't be able to do enchante on the treasure in jan or that enchanted won't live up to the standard Remy has set for us.
Enchante on Wish is fantastic. Slightly different from Remy, but just as wonderful

haven't done Palo.

haven't done Palo.

Thank you,

Did you manage to snag it from booking right when bookings opened? I’m feeling a bit stressed about this now! We are doing the 5-night euro cruise on the dream.

Thank you x

Hi, did OP manage to get a reservation for brunch?
Hey - OP here! So I just looked back at my notes, I was able to get Remy Dessert on this sailing while still a Silver.

We sailed again in Feb on the Fantasy as Gold and I was able to get Palo Brunch & Remy Brunch at the later times (12:30 pm & 11:45 am respectively), and decided not to go for Remy Dessert (which in hindsight wish I had because I really enjoyed it on the Dream). I believe that I was able to get the brunches because I went in with a plan right at midnight on booking window opening. I don’t believe I would have gotten them if I was not on my A-game because minutes after I got them, they were all gone.

And just for more info - We are sailing on the EBTA in May as Gold and I did the same thing trying to book the Brunches and Dessert, and I was able to get Palo Brunch, but was only able to get Remy Brunch & Dessert while checking back everyday and happened to be looking when DCL cancelled one of our ports and it opened up Brunches and Dessert on that day. I was able to get both Brunch and Dessert on that day. I ended up cancelling Dessert because we didn’t want to be tied up that whole day, so I have been checking back daily to see if anything opened up for Dessert. I think I’ll likely have to wait to get onboard and get my name on waitlist to see if I can get that one. However, from my understanding, the EBTA generally has a much higher ratio of the higher CC tiers than the two sailings I mentioned above, so if you take that into account, that could explain why it was much harder to get those much desired activities.

I do not know how to answer your latter question because I have never needed to do that, but I do want to add (because both my Mom and I did not know until we asked) that if the sommelier is a significant part of your experience (whether he/she helped you pick a bottle from the wine cellar or if you participated in the wine pairing) that the waiter/waitress does not share a portion of his/her tip with the sommelier unless you specifically request it on the check or another option that we asked about and was confirmed to us by the Front of House Manager is that you can provide the sommelier with a cash tip so that he/she can put it directly into his/her pocket. We opt to do the cash tip because we like each person knowing that they are appreciated for their work individually - that is just our way of doing things, not saying it is right for everyone, I just wanted to explain why we do what we do and why it works for us. It may also be important to note that we dine at Remy twice for dinner and once for Brunch and do the wine pairing for all, so we are also able to really establish a great rapport with the sommelier and get to know them very well with so much time spent there and he/she gets to know us and our preferences and it really makes for exceptional experiences.

I do not know how to answer your latter question because I have never needed to do that, but I do want to add (because both my Mom and I did not know until we asked) that if the sommelier is a significant part of your experience (whether he/she helped you pick a bottle from the wine cellar or if you participated in the wine pairing) that the waiter/waitress does not share a portion of his/her tip with the sommelier unless you specifically request it on the check or another option that we asked about and was confirmed to us by the Front of House Manager is that you can provide the sommelier with a cash tip so that he/she can put it directly into his/her pocket.
OMG. I did not know this! Now I feel bad because we really liked our sommelier at Remy on our last cruise and I didn't even think about the tipping thing (mostly because my husband handles the check...). Oh well...I did call him out on our comment card, hopefully that counted for something. And now I know for next time. Thank you for sharing this!

OMG. I did not know this! Now I feel bad because we really liked our sommelier at Remy on our last cruise and I didn't even think about the tipping thing (mostly because my husband handles the check...). Oh well...I did call him out on our comment card, hopefully that counted for something. And now I know for next time. Thank you for sharing this!
Oh, we definitely felt bad too!! We just had absolutely no idea, but can't do anything about it now - it was an honest mistake. Don't beat yourself up about it! But that is why I wanted to post about it because I do think it is something a lot if not most people have no clue about. There is always next time! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter