Is it hard to get 2 weeks in a row?

Terry S

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Hi, I am planning on buying the minute BCV start pre-selling and I have a question. While reading this board, I have seen a few comments that lead me to beleive if you are planning a long stay such as a week or more, it will be more difficult to get the reservations. We are planning on buying enough points for a two week stay (all at one time) in either a 1 bdrm or 2 bdrm, not quite sure yet.

I am a major planner so I will plan my vacation at the 11 month window and we plan on staying at our home resort most of the time. If I do this at the 11 month window for 2 weeks at my home resort will I have any problems?

I doubt if you will have problems at 11-months out. You might try reserving the first week when the 11-months hit and then the second week the following week. Just ask them to add to the original reservation when you call the following week.

I get 10-12 nights in a row every year. I get the Grand Villa. I used to have to call every morning and add a day. The past two years, I have been able to call at the end of the vacation and reserve the whole thing at once.

The GVs go very fast, the only thing that goes as fast or faster are the standard views at BWV. If they have a standard view catagory room, and only 17% of the rooms qualify as at BWV, and the points are dramatically lower for such a room, you could have a very difficult time getting what you want without calling every day to add a day.

I think the BWV experience taught them a lesson. I don't believe they will ever have a standard view catagory room like that again at a DVC resort.

Last year we managed to book 10 nights in a row at the 11mnth window in Nov. This was in a 1 bed preferred view at BW. This year I tried to book 2 weeks at the start of Dec and was told that they didn't have that many nights all together and to book one day at a time next time. We changed our plans and now have 17 nights in October!!!! Next time I think I will split our stay between 2 resorts as the availability seems easier!
Good luck!

It won't be any harder than getting 1 week (or 3 for that matter), if you plan way ahead and make use of your 11 month window. I reserved December 22nd - January 3rd in a standard studio at the Boardwalk Villas and had no problem whatsoever. Last friday I completed my reservation for a 5 day stay at the Wilderness Lodge Villas for next 4th of July (2 bedroom). Again. No problem at all. Now, to get 2 weeks in the 7 month window, I seriously doubt it can be done in only one resort, but you can do it combining resorts which can be either fun or a pain in the butt.

Most of the time, you should not have a problem getting what you want if you use the 11 month window. Lately, there have been some times of the year that are difficult to get unless you call day by day. (This is especially true of BWV standard view rooms). For example, the Sunday after Thanksgiving through mid-December has become more and more popular. From reading the boards, it is also tough to get some dates in November - due to to the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT and some states' school schedules.

If you are set on particular dates, it's best to call day by day. What I would recommend is that you call to reserve the first day and ask MS what availability looks like for you dates and unit size. If it's "wide open", you may not need to call every day. If you don't want to call every day (or can't), I'd at least call to get the first week as soon as it is available to be reserved. I'd tell MS that I plan to extend for the second week and then call again to get the second week when it's available. MS can note your intention on the initial reservation and hold the confirmation notice until you have all the nights you need. Ask to be put on the waitlist if some of your dates are not available. That far ahead, you should have an excellent chance of getting what you need via the waitlist.

Again, the best advice is to call day by day when you are really set on specific dates or room type. This has worked for me everytime so far - even gotten me the coveted standard view in early December. Good luck and hope to welcome you home in the future.

What I would recommend is that you call to reserve the first day and ask MS what availability looks like for you dates and unit size. If it's "wide open", you may not need to call every day.

That is actually what I did to find out that I could wait. I called at 9:00 am and then called back near the end of the first day. I found that there were still twenty units left. Once in a past year, I didn't get up on time and didn't make my call till after 10:00, there were no units available.

Ending of the free passes, maturing of the owners, and familiarity with WDW has made it so the calling every day thing for a GV is not really needed any more during most seasons.

Thank you for all the answers. Knowing that if I plan ahead, I should usually be able to get my 2 weeks in a row at my home resort makes me feel better about purchasing in to the DVC. I just want to confim something. I had assumed until reading this that at exactly 11 months from my arrival date I could call and make a two week reservation. But now I beleive I understand it to be that exactly at 11 months you can make reservations for that 1 day and then the next day you would make the reservations for exactly 11 months later and so on... Is that correct?

Also, how is the 11 months figured out. Say I wanted to make my reservation for October 15, 2002. Do I make the reservation on November 15, 2001? Or is it a particular number of days back like 334 days? And if I wanted to go for 2 weeks. I would just keep calling back every morning at 7:00 AM for the next 2 weeks and add on a day?

Also, how is the 11 months figured out. Say I wanted to make my reservation for October 15, 2002. Do I make the reservation on November 15, 2001?

If you are booking one night at a time, a stay for the night of October 15 could be booked on November 16 because October 15 would checkout on October 16.

We usually spend 10 to 12 nights per visit, just not all at BWV. This year we're trying the AKL for 3 nights. We still love the CBR and plan to stay a few days there next year. We always try and finish at the BWV since a 1 one bedroom is such a great way to end a vacation. (Plus, we save on points)

Also, how is the 11 months figured out. Say I wanted to make my reservation for October 15, 2002. Do I make the reservation on November 15, 2001? Or is it a particular number of days back like 334 days? And if I wanted to go for 2 weeks. I would just keep calling back every morning at 7:00 AM for the next 2 weeks and add on a day?

At that time of the year, it is unlikely you would need to call daily for your reservations.

As suggested above, you can likely call and reserve the 1st week and a week later call for the additional time. Reservations can be made 11 months from the check-out date. A reservation for October 15 may be made on Nov. 16 (the day you would check out would be Oct. 16).

If you call on Nov 16- you can tell them you will be reserving 2 weeks together. Ask about the current availability for your dates and unless there is a heavy current request load, you should be fine to reserve a week at a time. MS will be happy to advise you the best method to get your desired dates.

Good luck!

The 11 month rule for reservations says you can call to reserve 11 months before your scheduled day of "departure" from WDW. Thus if you plan to go say August 12 to Aug 19, you can reserve 11 months before Aug 19. What some do to assure getting their reservation is call each day and reserve each day separately (beginning with arrival date) and then link them when you have the entire trip reserved. Generally that is not necessary unless you want a Grand Villa (which BCV won't have). BWV is currently considered the hardest of the resorts to get. Even so we have had no problem ever getting what we want (usually a 2BR and often an additional 1BR) by calling anywhere from 10 to 11 months before date of departure. We also often go for 12 nights (Sun to a Fri) and it is still never a problem by waitng until 11 months before desired departure date and that has included getting the lower point standard view rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter