Is it just a matter of linking MDE accounts?

KNJWDW

DIS Veteran
I have always used my MDE account for our family’s trips. However, I set up another MDE under my DH email in order to get the Disney + deal, since D+ is under his email. I am an AP holder, with ticket already in my MDE. I have purchased tickets for the others, but haven’t linked them yet. How do I go about using everyone’s magic bands that are in my MDE and which account should I add the other’s tickets? I hope this makes sense!

Thanks

I haven't done this but I think you can link the accounts as Friends & Family, including making sure to share the kids plans. You can still put the kids' tickets on the existing profiles in your MDE. What I'm not sure is whether his profile on your account will automatically transfer to him on his own MDE; you may need to call. That is what will allow him to use his prior MBs.

Someone else may have direct experience with getting his profile on your MDE to link to his new account.

I’ve done this a few times (first, my hubby- then my kids when they’ve wanted their own accounts).

I’ve always called to get the accounts merged, but my sister recently switched her daughter’s account over via chat. She actually started placed a phone call- then started chat. She had finished it all via chat before the phone CM even answered her call!

Anyway, I’ve always been instructed to make the new account first (which you’ve already done), and then they will merge the 2 (taking all that person’s MB’s & ressies from your account & moving them to the new account), and will finally link you back together as F&F. They will delete the old/empty identity from your account, and you will no longer “control” it, but you can still plan/manage trips together. You can also still transfer tickets to each other, if you change your mind about who you linked it too (as long as it hasn’t been used/activated yet, of course). I personally have the logins for every family member and can change things if necessary as well (they all know & don’t care bc I’m the Disney wizard of the family 😆).

I hope that helps!

Thanks for the info. I guess I am secretly hoping for an AP discount to come out soon so I can use my MDE to reserve a room and then just cancel the one under DH MDE! Seems much more simple 😊

I do want you to know that just having a duplicate account can cause problems. So, if you’re able to get the AP discount, I would completely delete his new “dummy” account. & If you need to keep his new account, I would get rid of the old one (calling/chatting with Disney to make sure it’s done right).

Some problems we’ve seen with (extended) family members who decided to create a new one without merging the old one: difficulty connecting with others, MB or tix not being recognized, pics/ressies not able to be to be seen by F&F. Nothing is a big deal, but all of it can be frustrating. Just want you to be aware.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter