Is it just me, or are some posts a bit "harsh" lately?

I never even knew about the debate board until I saw where a thread was closed and it was suggested that if anyone wanted to re-open the topic, to go over to the debate board. I went over to the debate board out of sheer curiosity, and Whoa Nelly those people are playing some hardball. I think I just happened to see a bunch of threads that included a lot of personal attacks and flaming, but what a completely different tone from most of the threads here. I think they are mostly un-moderated, but I did see where a webmaster posted a note and said they were going to start policing the board since some people had definitely gone way out of bounds. I quickly retreated to my safe, and mostly friendly cruise board.

Originally posted by din
BTW, Barb, how much do you charge for your class, I can think of a few people who can attend the class in my company... :)

The good news is that it's free, but the bad news is that it's internal for employees at the place where I work. I do a lot of external training that is available free to everyone, but it's on dull topics like structured cabling systems and fiber connectivity basics. The email one was done as a "reminder" for our domestic employees and also an experiment for our global locations (it is very popular at our Japanese branch).
The DCL Millionaire game that is on my website is actually something I did as practice for work too...we used one at our company for our Quality Month presentation, but I think DCL is a much more fun topic. :D :D
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

O.K. all...what we all need to now is book another cruise....quite frankly...I am relatively new to the boards...but my wife thinks I am nuts cause I sit for hours reading what everyone has to say....and some of the information that I have gotten is invaluable...and we have cruised the last 2 years on the Wonder and the Magic...leaving on 11/30 for the Magic...cannot wait...but will continue to read and enjoy the boards...sometimes I help someone with some info...sometimes I post something I was happy about...like DCL calling last Friday and upgrading us from a category 8 to a category 5 with a verandah.....and it cost us nothing extra....don't know why the did it...but I am one happy camper and appreciate them thinking of us....if you want to talk negative...just ask a question about the mug issue....that becomes a hot topic.....(and yes...I am bringing mine back)...but please everyone keep up the good work.....and if a negative pops into your head....rethink it before posting it....
Just my 2 cents....
26 days to the Magic.....
Tom

I felt attacked So I attacked back. I don't post alot until lately for fear of the same thing. I think alot of people are MEAN! If you don't have anything nice to say than don't say anything at all. I stick by this & keep my mouth shut usually but just 5 minutes ago, I got a little upset at the harshness of a reply & whew! I let it go, If I get kicked of the board- oh well because I can't deal with the snottiness of some folks. I am referring to the thread" I am cheap I know". I apologize to all others out there. I don't want to upset anyone else. I am under too much stress & can't hold back anymore. I think everyone needs to proofread before they send!

I haven't been on this board for a little while, partly because of what you're all talking about here. I'm probably overly sensitive, and there were other considerations, but I've cancelled my cruise. It just stopped sounding like fun.

Originally posted by DisneyDarwin
I quickly retreated to my safe, and mostly friendly cruise board.

Awwwww! Come back to the Debate board! We need fresh meat.....Errrrrrrr....more people to debate with!

Hehehehe! Just kidding. :) Actually, there are a few people who get pretty heated up about their topic du 'jouir, but for the most part they are a calm and friendly bunch over there. :)

Kathy

Shmoogirl, I loved your response! I agree, most people do keep it under control on the debate board, and it's great forum if you want to mix it up over a topic. I just happened to see several smoking threads. And, I'm sure I could hold my own over there, but I get enough of that at work. I like the less confrontational boards -- they're soothing, like hanging out on the beach, or.....hey, like taking a cruise! Thanks for the laugh!

Originally posted by DisneyDarwin
I agree, most people do keep it under control on the debate board, and it's great forum if you want to mix it up over a topic. I just happened to see several smoking threads. And, I'm sure I could hold my own over there, but I get enough of that at work.

smokin.gif
smash.gif

Ncligs,

Love your smileys. They are very funny.

To anyone I personally may have offended on this board:

Please accept my sincere apology. When gardan asked for other peoples opininions, I believed that is what they wanted and I responded with my opinion.

This board is absolutely the greatest place with the best, most helpful people that devote tons of time and energy to helping others make the most out of their cruise. I have learned more tips and ideas here than on all other boards combined. It's people like Dave, Barb, Shirley and everyone else that are so kind and helpful and I for one am thankful for their input.

Barb, you are right. We need to be kinder in our responses and to think before we hit send.

We need to all stop for a minute, myself included and remember that WE make this board what it is. It can be either a helpful, friendly place or one like the debate board where the object seems to be who can slam who the hardest. I was over there once...I'm still tending to my bruises weeks later.

So, let me be the first to say that I will TRY my darndest to think before I respond. If I can't say anything nice, I won't say anything at all:D

Anyone else care to join me in my resolution?

From aseafish: I haven't been on this board for a little while, partly because of what you're all talking about here. I'm probably overly sensitive, and there were other considerations, but I've cancelled my cruise. It just stopped sounding like fun.

You're not serious, I hope? Please remember that the people on this board in general represent a tiny percentage of the total number of people on the cruise, and even more so, the people who are harsh are an even smaller percentage. I hope you'll reconsider.

Yes, I agree, 4cruisin, very well said!
And, this is one GREAT board!

aseafish, a Disney Cruise not fun!!!! Hey!!! Don't say that! :D
I am sorry that you cancelled..... Hope is wasn't mostly due to this board? You know, I was feeling that way for about one split second once, over one particular concern that I have.... And it is easy to stress with the over-planning! When I start to think like that, then I realize that is when I REALLY need a cruise!! Sipping a Conch Cooler on Castaway Cay... A cure for all ills!!! Now I am counting the days --- Ohhhh it is still months and months away... :( shoot!! Can't wait!

Hello all...it is now 25 days and counting...almost 24 but as much as I think there are people that could use some tact...I for one will never stop reading and responding respectfully...although I do tend to avoid confrontation...since it is just a waste of energy...people who are set in there ways and opinions will not change...so I refuse to waste the time....but a Disney cruise is a wonderful experience...and some narrow minded people should never make one cancel something that you deserve....maybe you should think about rebooking for some other time....it is like heaven........
Tom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter