Is it just me or do we need playlists on Disney+?

limitdis

Mouseketeer
We don't watch alot of the great shorts, (new and old mickey mouse cartoons, forky, pixar shorts, countless star wars and other new shorts, etc) bc it involves too much clicking and scrolling every 2-5 minutes. They either need to either let you build a playlist or have an option to play them back to back. Is it just me?

It's not just you. I could definitely use custom playlists to keep track of things. The Watchlist is really limited -- on Roku, I can only have 50 items showing, so even though I have items checked to be on my Watchlist, they start "disappearing" when I keep adding to it.

Last edited:
Yes, watching the shorts can be difficult because they aren't in collections. I did like the "Disney Through the Decades" one that had it all in order, but it also had literally everything on there, and they have removed that collection last I saw. They definitely need to group them somehow - and add all the missing ones too!

It's not just you. I could definitely use custom playlists to keep track of things. The Watchlist is really limited -- you can only have 50 items showing, so even though I have items checked to be on my Watchlist, they start "disappearing" when I keep adding to it.
Fifty items seems like a lot, though. Why not just load up on the 50 then try to add as you knock a few off? How many more could you possibly need beyond 50??

Fifty items seems like a lot, though. Why not just load up on the 50 then try to add as you knock a few off? How many more could you possibly need beyond 50??

I've never used a watchlist on DIsney+ because nearly everything on the service could be on it! 🤣

I've never used a watchlist on DIsney+ because nearly everything on the service could be on it! 🤣
Exactly my thinking. If you are looking to load up a playlist with more than 50 yet-to-be-watched items, you clearly don't have enough time in a day for life, much less a streaming service. Or you just suffer from adorable optimism.

Exactly my thinking. If you are looking to load up a playlist with more than 50 yet-to-be-watched items, you clearly don't have enough time in a day for life, much less a streaming service. Or you just suffer from adorable optimism.

Yeah, I mean, I could load it up, but I'm still working through The Muppet Show. I don't go very fast. Plus, I will likely end up watching 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea or Atlantis The Lost Empire
several times before I get through any watch list, not to mention all those random Simpson's episodse I've seen a thousand times!

I think Disney+ mainly needs playlists for the episodes that are 1-5 minutes long. You could easily have a playlist with 30-60 short 1-2 minute episodes. Either that, or Disney+ needs to create collections that play. Like have all the mickey/donald/etc shorts in a collection that play one after the other.

I think Disney+ mainly needs playlists for the episodes that are 1-5 minutes long. You could easily have a playlist with 30-60 short 1-2 minute episodes. Either that, or Disney+ needs to create collections that play. Like have all the mickey/donald/etc shorts in a collection that play one after the other.

They do. having each individual short be its own item is cumbersome to me.

Wish they would add the "Disney through the Years" category back to the search menu. Listed everything by decade. It helped tremendously especially with older films.

Wish they would add the "Disney through the Years" category back to the search menu. Listed everything by decade. It helped tremendously especially with older films.

It's hard to try and figure what they were thinking when they made that disappear....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter