Is it just us.....but has quick/counter service food "Stepped it Up"

Prissyms

"Who says we have to grow up" Walt Disney
We never paid attention to the food coming from the quick/counter service restaurants before as we always eat at the table service restaurants due to us using the deluxe DDP. On this pass trip, we saw some amazing looking food coming from quick/counter service restaurants and was surprised how good the food was. It wasn't the bland, frozen food of ole. It was fried chicken, overstuffed roast beef sandwiches, juicy deluxe burgers and a so much more. What's your favorite quick/counter service place? So far, our favorite are the sandwiches at Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery in AK.

Quick Service is SO misunderstood... everyone thinks it's burgers, hot dogs and chicken tenders. There are so many wonderful options! One of our favorites is Tangeriene Cafe in Morrocco in Epcot. Columbia Harbor House, Sleepy Hollow, and Cosmic Rays (good BBQ along with burgers, etc) in MK. Flame Tree BBQ in AK is ridiculous! And the portions are really a meal!

Yes - we have been discussing this on another thread that I posted stating that we cancelled a bunch of TS places because the CS places - although now more expensive - are better quality than they were in the past, and can be a better option than loading up on TS restaurants. Of course many TS are fabulously better than CS, but it is nice to now have more options.

On our trip last month we ate ONLY at counter serve places and ate like kings! The only burger we had was the time we went out of our way to hit DLux Burger in Disney Springs.

I feel like counter service options have always offered lots of variety since we first started going to DW almost seven years ago.

But Disney Springs really kicked it up a notch for counter service with Morimoto, Frontera Cocina, the food trucks, Blaze Pizza and D-luxe Burgers. All awesome additions. :thumbsup2

I do remember the kids chicken nuggets from about 6 or 7 years ago though. They were nasty. Now they are the same kind that adults get.

I think so. I loved the Yak & Yeti QS, and then I rarely eat chicken strips, but I loved the chicken strips and waffles at Studios!!!

I have to plug the Friar's Nook in Fantasyland. I know its not "good for you", but that mac n cheese with the pot roast is just phenomenal. I look forward to it each trip!

I had the chicken parm sandwhich at pinnochios in dec and it was so yummy! Already dreaming of another on.

We have a Blaze close to us, had a WPE for years before it went out of business, a ton of places just like Dluxe, etc. so to me, some of it is super pedastrian and someplace I go because friends have kids. Not that its not bad - that's for sure, just you know, a chain. Tangerine Cafe has always been yummy. The festivals at Epcot now give you all kinds of interesting options, almost year round! I still look into Pecos or Caseys and immediately turn around, so maybe they have stepped up, or maybe there are just more options. 10 years ago, a place like Blaze would have seemed amazing! I bet they have Zoe's, etc. at DS soon too. So, if you don't have those locally, heck yeah, its a huge improvement!

For me, what I think has stepped up considerably are the new lounges throughout the property - I love the HBD lounge for a quick cocktail, rest, and snack. I use Spice Road Table the same way and sometimes Tutto Gusto, but I always seem to forget it, may be the limoncellos that I consume before distract me. I can't wait to try the Nomad lounge. I hope these are all successful and we see more of these spring up. A couple of tapas/lounges in each park would be amazing.

We love the flexibility of eating CS and, yes, the food really is great! We never miss Yorkshire Co Fish Shoppe. Tangerine Cafe, Harambe Market and Columbia Harbour House are great.

We also have Blaze, etc. where we live (I would imagine a lot of cities do) - but I've always thought the quick service in the parks/resorts shined! Especially at Animal Kingdom and Epcot. I had the best beef flatbread sandwich (with a minty yogurt sauce) at AK, had it twice in fact. Also loved the chicken fried rice for lunch (a snack credit!). And Epcot, all the quick service in the World Showcase is good, but Morocco, France and even the brats in Germany really shine.

MK - we liked our sandwiches from Be Our Guest, and while not healthy, the fried shrimp at CHH was really good.

Boardwalk Bakery is great. I enjoyed a couple sandwiches from the Beach Club Marketplace.

Looking forward to the new places at AK (haven't been since 2014)!

We also have Blaze, etc. where we live (I would imagine a lot of cities do) - but I've always thought the quick service in the parks/resorts shined! Especially at Animal Kingdom and Epcot. I had the best beef flatbread sandwich (with a minty yogurt sauce) at AK, had it twice in fact. Also loved the chicken fried rice for lunch (a snack credit!). And Epcot, all the quick service in the World Showcase is good, but Morocco, France and even the brats in Germany really shine.

MK - we liked our sandwiches from Be Our Guest, and while not healthy, the fried shrimp at CHH was really good.

Boardwalk Bakery is great. I enjoyed a couple sandwiches from the Beach Club Marketplace.

Looking forward to the new places at AK (haven't been since 2014)!

Do you happen to remember where this beef flatbread originated? Sounds like something I'd really enjoy.

I can't recall the name, but unfortunately I do know it's no longer served. But there is something similar in the new(ish) area that sounds good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter