• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all really does make me so sad. We are watching a family fall apart in the most public way possible. It’s so senseless.

eta “Watching” not in a literal sense, since I’m not watching the show. Lol

I imagine his family is feeling pretty angry and betrayed at the moment. I’m sure they will have little to comment on it publically which is probably the right thing to do, even if it’s not the satisfying thing.

This all really does make me so sad. We are watching a family fall apart in the most public way possible. It’s so senseless.

eta “Watching” not in a literal sense, since I’m not watching the show. Lol

I imagine his family is feeling pretty angry and betrayed at the moment. I’m sure they will have little to comment on it publically which is probably the right thing to do, even if it’s not the satisfying thing.
You are right, the royals will not comment. This interview was not dignified

You are right, the royals will not comment. This interview was not dignified
It wasn't dignified and I really feel sorry for Harry . He really is clueless. He talks about how amazing the Queen is,, Prince Charles doesn't take his calls and Harry and William have "space". This woman has isolated him from a family he loves. They have distanced themselves from his toxic wife. He has no idea. What a wow moment. Not the result they had envisioned.

I eat plenty of frogs for breakfast and bit the bullet tonight. I am NOT faint of heart! Now I'm off to do my laundry. 😬

I'm on the West Coast so it hasn't aired here yet. I set it to record and it sounds like such a pathetic train wreck that I will probably watch it while I am working tomorrow. I'll keep a barf bucket nearby, just in case.

You so did!
I eat plenty of frogs for breakfast and bit the bullet tonight. I am NOT fai t of heart!
I'm on the West Coast so it hasn't aired here yet. I set it to record and it sounds like such a pathetic train wreck that I will probably watch it while I am working tomorrow. I'll keep a barf bucket nearby, just in case.
you will definitely need the barf bucket and I only watched Harry. Although is sad. He doesn't have a clue, so fixed on Mum...,

It's amazing how on twitter, what's trending are people saying how much they support H&M and how they are bringing down the monarchy lol. Trust me...they are not bringing down the monarchy. Also, I'm glad that it came out that the royal family cut them off financially. Like why are they surprised that happened?

It's amazing how on twitter, what's trending are people saying how much they support H&M and how they are bringing down the monarchy lol. Trust me...they are not bringing down the monarchy. Also, I'm glad that it came out that the royal family cut them off financially. Like why are they surprised that happened?

I think Twitter is it’s own alternate universe sometimes. Definitely not a realistic view of the real world.

And most black sheep get cut off eventually. They expect us to believe they spent 40 million on their wedding but turned around tossed them out without security and there was no reason for that? Please. Dads don’t just quit taking their kids calls.

eta—Harry has had issues for years. I think they were relieved when Meghan came in the picture that he would settle down and be happy but the turmoil didn’t stop.

Good grief. Why are most of the people on this thread such Meghan bashers? A few of you are saying some really cruel things. Are you Canadian Royalists (I am sure that not all Canadians are, by the way). Maybe just American Anglophiles? I had no previous opinion of the matter, but I am not a "Royals" fan or fascinated with Britain's monarchy (I am more of an Oprah fan) so I watched the first hour (was called away during the second hour).

I found Meghan to be intelligent, self-possessed, well-spoken, and sincere. But then, I am more partial to American society than British and am very independent and would hate being told what to do all the time by a stuffy conglomerate. I imagine that she thought that Harry being the "spare" would allow them a little more freedom or partial anonymity. I think that there is no way to understand ahead of time how ruthless the British tabloids can be, either. I definitely believe her race, nationality, and occupation have a lot to do with the way those rags wrote about her. In contrast, Kate is fully white, British, from an upper class tradition, and didn't have a noticeable career before her marriage. No wonder they were treated so differently. And I would absolutely expect Meghan's new extended family would stick up for her against the press.

I watched the whole thing. Or, should I say, most of it. Dozed off a bit toward the end, lol.

They are having a girl. :goodvibes (Happy for them.)

I am going to digest the whole thing. It was a lot. The feeling I am left with is sadness.

I believe the people of the UK won’t see it until Monday.

I agree @mom2rtk I am not a “Right?” person, and that drove me INSANE! (Will be interested to see the body language experts’ take on this!)

And Meghan’s inflated lip was distracting. I liked the way she looked before better. (I don‘t think it’s just pregnancy weight, duh - as referenced several days ago.)

Without knowing much about Harry, Meghan, or their families, I’d say Harry came off like a loving and supportive husband. It seemed like he didn’t feel as though others in his family or royal circle were supportive of his wife or kind to his son. I hate to hear of any family having issues like those described by Harry and Meghan, but I like that Harry put his wife and son first.

Now, I am a bit curious about all the comments made about Harry’s mom. Harry was respectful, but his comments made me think he didn’t believe his father put his mom first. He also made it seem as though his mother wanted or expected him to leave the royal family. I don’t know a lot about his parents though. He just seemed to be partially motivated by past events.

On the other hand, it was hard to get a read on Meghan. She described some disturbing things, like the disgusting treatment and comments made about her son, and being denied the ability to seek help for her mental health, but the other things seemed pretty benign. However, maybe she’s on the more sensitive side as far as personality goes, or maybe she has other issues that aren’t public (understandably).

According to this, Meghan said that she contemplated suicide while pregnant due to stress and isolation.

I deal with postpartum depression and anxiety after 1 of my kids was born. So I kind of have a little bit of personal experience in that arena. IF what she says is true, then she SHOULD have been treated for depression. Harry SHOULD HAVE INSISTED.

In addition, you know what was dumb of her to do? Choose to cut ties with pretty much all of her long time friends when she got married. Sort of threw them out with the trash. Who do you call when you're having a rough go of it during your first pregnancy and you want to talk to somebody who understands you? You call a girlfriend.

Please note that I am NOT saying that she caused her own suicidal thoughts, ok?

And if what everything else she said in the interview is true...like never having even done an Internet search on Prince Harry and not knowing that EVERYONE has to bow or curtsy before the Queen, well...Meghan really is the foolish Hollywood person I thought she was. Absorbed and clueless in her own little world.

And dude...she totally had lip injections. Total unnecessary. She was a beautiful woman before that. Give it 10 years and she'll have plenty more plastic surgery and will look way different than she does today. She won't be able to help herself...all of the women in Hollywood do it. And when you just sort of bathe yourself in that kind of environment all the time, that seems totally normal.

Harry is a fool, an idiot, a spoiled child who is now a grown man, who needs to shut up with his whining.

God help all of the parents at whatever expensive private school their children end up at, especially those parents whose kids are in the same class as Harry & Meghan's kids.

Ouch! Royal family,

D3F0E7C1-A34E-4D00-A779-F1407D2DD974.jpeg

They didn’t name names or dish a lot of dirt, but it offered more insight than I was expecting. The simple fact that my child wasn’t going to receive security protection would have been enough for me to run from that situation like my hair was on fire. Before this, my opinions on the royal family/their history of scandals/Megxit have always fallen into the mentality of “Eh, who really knows what’s happening behind the scenes? Everyone’s probably a little right and a little wrong, it’s complicated, blah, blah.” But, that colorism garbage was too far for me and I’m left thinking the royal family is trash. I’m more supportive of H&M than I’ve ever been. I’m glad they got out. My husband, who has never paid a lick of attention to the royal family, watched with me. I asked what he would have done in Harry’s position. “I would’ve left that family prior to the wedding.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter