• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a bunch of jealous ***** on this thread. The monarchy has NOTHING to do with you, why are you so obsessed? Like seriously, you guys need to find new hobbies.

I knew that barely anyone would watch because *gasp* you might have to acknowledge that some things you have thought were wrong.

How would you feel, as a parent, having a conversation about your child and there being concerns over how dark their skin was? Awful, awful stuff they went through.

Haters gonna hate but you guys go too far. Go find another Royal family you aren’t connected to to obsess over.

Like I said a few pages ago, there's this whole pandemic thing going on, everybody's stuck at home, nowhere to go, and this is in the news and on TV, so...there you go. :lmao:

Also, you're judging us for judging them...and in doing so, that makes you, too, judgmental just like the rest of us! Welcome to the party! :jumping1:

In the spirit of judging the judgers, I give you a quote from the famous and amazing, and now controversial, Dr. Seuss, who wrote in his book, "Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?"....

"The Hawtch Hawtcher is a bee watcher from the village called Hawtch-Hawtch. His job is to watch a bee all day as the bee does his job in being a bee getting nectar from a flower to make honey possibly. However as hours pass as he watches the bee, the bee didn't put all the bee could into it so someone sent a second Hawtch Hawtcher to watch the first Hawtch Hawtcher how ever the second Hawtch Hawtcher didn't watch after the 1st Hawtch Hawtcher well. So another 3rd Hawtch Hawtcher came to be on the watch. and so fourth, more Hawtchers came watching on Watch-Watcher-Watchering-Watch, Watch-Watching the Watcher who is watching the bee and how unlucky for them all to stand there all day watching each other."

The simple fact that my child wasn’t going to receive security protection would have been enough for me to run from that situation like my hair was on fire.

I agree with you. Actually, my full opinion is that even if the royal family had treated me wonderfully, the minute they made snide comments about my child or denied him equal treatment, that would’ve been it for me. We all have our personal limits, and I draw a hard line in the sand about my children. All of the other issues Meghan described were kind of irrelevant to me after she revealed how her son was treated. That one thing is reason alone to bail out of that situation. I’m glad her husband, and more importantly, the father of her child, felt the same way.

I’m sorry but your daughter-in-law/mother to your grandson comes to you and says she’s having thoughts about harming herself and wants to seek help and you do nothing? Enough said.

(And yes, wealthy successful people who “have it all” can also struggle with mental health. That doesn’t make them “spoiled brats.” It makes them human.)

I listened to the interview pretty carefully, and I give Meghan and Harry the benefit of the doubt here. The tabloids have, in fact, been dog-whistle racist in their attacks leveled at Meghan, and I saw no reason to disbelieve her or Harry when they say that they felt unprotected by the Palace when it came to their physical safety. Harry had every reason to believe that Meghan's bi-racial heritage and their children's inheritance of that should have been considered a real asset to the Commonwealth, and being told when Meghan was first pregnant (without a reasonable explanation) that she and Archie would not be given the same status, and much more importantly, security protection every Royal of their station would normally receive must have been deeply painful.

I think Harry is his mother's son. Diana tried to explain to the world how life inside of the "Firm" is not the fairy tale people would like it to be. The only ones who really know what their lives are like are the members of the Royal Family themselves. Harry pulled back the curtain a little, and it's understandable that people might not want to hear that life within the gilded cage can be even life-threateningly stressful.

It would be nice to think that the members of the Royal Family consistently have each others' back when one member is non-stop attacked in the tabloids. But Harry's explanation of the kind of unhealthy symbiotic relationship between the Palace and the Press rang true to me. The Royals are responsible for ensuring that the Monarchy continues, and out of fear, to do that they apparently have to be willing to allow a family member to be thrown under the bus now and then. I don't blame Harry and Meghan for wanting to tell their side of the story.

As this thread illustrates, people like us will look from the outside and make our own minds up of who to believe. We're going to filter those assumptions through our own life experiences, and we're going to disagree with each other and none of us really know. I certainly don't know any more than anyone else does. I just tend to believe Harry and Meghan when they say that their physical and emotional safety was something they needed to protect, and they couldn't do that within a structure that is designed to value the life of the institution far above the health of the individuals who make it up.

When Archie was born they decided not to give him the subsidiary title of Earl which is his right because he was to be a private person. Now they are saying he was denied the title prince due to them being worried about how dark his skin would be. Well that is a lie because of the changes George V made as the great grandson of the second son Archie isn’t eligible to be prince that title would normally become his when Harry’s father becomes king. As for protection that was removed and reduced because of the cost to the country Beatrice and Eugenia lost security protection as well their father pays for it now.

I didn't watch the interview, but have read comments here and other places. I'm not sure I believe that Meghan was denied help for depression during her pregnancy. Harry has been an advocate for mental health and admitted he had gone through therapy himself a few years ago. If Harry was able to get therapy, why couldn't Meghan? Also, they could easily have done telehealth therapy and kept it secret.

I didn't watch the interview, but have read comments here and other places. I'm not sure I believe that Meghan was denied help for depression during her pregnancy. Harry has been an advocate for mental health and admitted he had gone through therapy himself a few years ago. If Harry was able to get therapy, why couldn't Meghan? Also, they could easily have done telehealth therapy and kept it secret.
There are a variety of different ways one might seek help for those kind of feelings; therapy is just one of them. And not all “therapy” is the same. Therapy for someone just having a rough time/needing to talk like Harry might have needed is very different than the therapy and treatment one would receive if they were having suicidal thoughts like that. At that level, tele-therapy likely wouldn’t suffice. I also believe they made a point to keep Harry’s therapy a total secret until recently. Given how closely Meghan was being watched by the press and the extent of help she needed, I don’t think that would’ve been possible.

I don’t see any reason to believe she’s lying, other than if you’re just looking to dismiss what she’s saying altogether. As someone who’s had that struggle, I can totally see a family — not just the royal family but any one that cares about “preserving their image” — denying that request. Therapy and mental health help are still heavily stigmatized, especially when self harm enters the conversation. I don’t think it’s fair to just assume she’s lying. When she talked about that topic, the pain seemed real and compelling, and yes, I know she’s an actress, but as someone who’s been there, I don’t think that level of raw emotion is easily feigned.

Prince Harry was completely aware his grandmother (the queen) had to give a special decree for all of Prince William's possible children to be given the title of Prince or Princess. This was done before any of his children were born. As great-grand children only the first born of the direct in line would have been given a Prince or Princess title per the rules put in place in the early 1900's. There was no path currently for Archie to be given a Prince title, as Prince Charles ascends the throne he could decree the title to Prince Harry's children.

The Sussex children would have been provided protection while his father was a working royal, as they came of age protection would end on a daily basis. The same has occurred for the children of Anne, Andrew and Edward. Princess Beatrice and Eugenie had protective service while attending university but that was ended as well after the security review done about 10 years ago for the royal family. While attending a royal event all members of the royal family receive some type of protection even if they are not working royals.

I expect there to be no official response from the royal family or households about the interview. Secondhand remarks will be heard or spoken of, such as the type The Duke and Duchess of Sussex referred to in the interview. This interview only gave the view as they see it or perceive it, your truth only goes as far as yourself.
I did not watch the interview, my comments are just from some of the titles, highlights splashed across all the major news sites. So many people have difficult family situations, to deal with them in such a public setting has to be very unsettling. I personally do not see how this interview helps them in this situation. I hope they find peace and happiness with their families.

Yes and it’s so weird to me
I don't think it's so weird. The bottom line is that those two never really stopped caring for each other. The separation (he was away in the Navy for most of their marriage) and pressures pulled them apart, but they were genuinely in love when they married, have always kept caring for each other, and there was no malice between them even during the separation and divorce.

Last edited:
Actually, my full opinion is that even if the royal family had treated me wonderfully, the minute they made snide comments about my child or denied him equal treatment, that would’ve been it for me.
I’m sorry but your daughter-in-law/mother to your grandson comes to you and says she’s having thoughts about harming herself and wants to seek help and you do nothing?
How would you feel, as a parent, having a conversation about your child and there being concerns over how dark their skin was?
One thing to keep in mind with all this is that Meghan is lying.

I would be interested to hear Kate’s version of events.

But we probably never will, because she will likely keep the stiff upper lip and carry on.

Some global Comments already out:

LilyLouise, Chicago, United States, 2 hours ago
Accusing Kate of anything when she cannot defend herself is just nasty. Meghan is no feminist and defender of her fellow women.

GrannyCarla, Sydney, Australia, 3 hours ago
And she brought me flowers and a note, apologising. And she did what I would do if I knew that I hurt someone, right, to just take accountability for it.' Come on Megan...you didn't want the kids to wear tights and Kate pointed out that wearing them is how it's done.

amanda, Los Angeles, 3 hours ago
I mean, it's actually evil genius level what she's doing - she's leaning into the whole "Brits hate me" thing and will use that to convince the Americans that she's been vilified unfairly and she had to escape to the freedom of the USA. She's trying to become the poor, mistreated, outcast princess. Hope the Americans don't buy what she's selling.

DSk1nS, Dublin , Ireland, 3 hours ago
Meghan forgets the body language experts will have a field day with this.. She has dug a hole she can't get out of.

honolulu90, Sydney, Australia, 51 minutes ago
Wow accuse a woman , a mother, and your own family of bullying on international television when you know full well she is unable to defend herself. Megan is the ultimate bully.

BadByotch69, BlackHole Outerspace, United States, 2 hours ago
Why was nothing mentioned about Meghan's family?? Strange

Romanticlassie, British Columbia, Canada, 2 hours ago
Does anyone remember those two claiming that they had nothing to do with Finding Freedom until it was finally exposed they had lied? Why would anyone believe a word out of their mouths?

PJane, Hobart, Australia, 2 hours ago
MM calls herself a feminist but she named Kate openly to the world but refuses to name the male in the RF who discussed Archies skin colour and potential lack of a title. What how anti-feminist is that. And, shame on Harry too did not Megs say Harry was a feminist too!! How can they do this to another woman. Shocking!!

wen086, Perth, Australia, 2 hours ago
William will be furious that his wife has been dragged into this!

InsertGenericInsult, Rent Free, United States, 1 hour ago
So should we believe the future Queen who does her duty and lives a private life or the unhinged actress social climber who signs million dollar deals with every media outlet whilst crying about being oppressed?

winky3., Southampton, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
As someone who defended these two in the beginning I can honestly say well done to everyone who called her out right away. She is a toxic person. Frankly I hope the pair of them never come back now as I'm not sure they're welcome!

Robin, Toronto Canada, 2 hours ago
Team Kate!

NicolasPepe, Emirates Stadium, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
Prince Charles man up and make sure their titles and HRHs have been vanquished. You owe to your family and the UK at large

TJ, San Antonio, United States, 2 hours ago
He had every resource to get his wife the professional help she needed; the same access he had to professional help when he needed it; the same professional help he tells other people to get when they need it. He cannot name the person who was concerned re how dark his child's skin would be because he knows that was HIS perception of what others were thinking, just as we know his perceptions have always come from his own fragile emotional state and he doesn't listen to anyone, he just assumes

Claire Boden-Wells, Oxford, 47 minutes ago
I feel a little shafted by H&M, as a UK taxpayer there was really no need for that costly, fake 2nd wedding. It's insulting!

Monkier, Bristol, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
If they actually drew back away from the Royal family, for privacy and a less scrutinised life I would have much more respect for both of them. Interviews and mega bucks deals just makes them appear disingenuous, I'm sure both sides have made mistakes, but airing family issues, unfounded accusations just makes them look desperate

hepziba, bk, Puerto Rico, 9 minutes ago
the body language when she responds to that question what a blatant narc liar

cantabman, San francisco, United States, 15 minutes ago
I get it that Harry "wanted out". He could have gotten out. Reject the titles, reject the honoraries, reject the pomp and Royal life. Be a rich Californian and dad. But Meghan (and Harry to a degree) still wanted it all

My guess the queen is the racist one
Actually the queen was very glad that a mixed race person was marrying into the family, which she was aware was increasingly out of step with Britain and the Commonwealth by being all white before Meghan married Harry. They weren't enthusiastic about Meghan as an individual marrying in because of the short courtship and because her background check raised a lot of red flags (imagine that), but since Harry was so determined to marry her that they didn't really have a choice, the fact that she was mixed race was their primary consolation.

:confused: They both had nothing but kind things to say about the queen and they refused to put names on their more serious complaints. I’d be inclined to ask “How do you figure?” but you’ve yet to answer my previous question, so it’s probably not even worth asking.
Oh, come on! You seemed to be predicting it would be rather boring, and used an outburst about the Queen as an example. Though they may not have dissed the Queen (which was probably smart on their parts) they sure threw the rest of the RF under the bus! (Unnamed, of course). I am pretty shocked here myself! 😵 Previous interviews have been pretty mild in comparison.

I would be interested to hear Kate’s version of events.

But we probably never will, because she will likely keep the stiff upper lip and carry on.

Some global Comments already out:

LilyLouise, Chicago, United States, 2 hours ago
Accusing Kate of anything when she cannot defend herself is just nasty. Meghan is no feminist and defender of her fellow women.

GrannyCarla, Sydney, Australia, 3 hours ago
And she brought me flowers and a note, apologising. And she did what I would do if I knew that I hurt someone, right, to just take accountability for it.' Come on Megan...you didn't want the kids to wear tights and Kate pointed out that wearing them is how it's done.

amanda, Los Angeles, 3 hours ago
I mean, it's actually evil genius level what she's doing - she's leaning into the whole "Brits hate me" thing and will use that to convince the Americans that she's been vilified unfairly and she had to escape to the freedom of the USA. She's trying to become the poor, mistreated, outcast princess. Hope the Americans don't buy what she's selling.

DSk1nS, Dublin , Ireland, 3 hours ago
Meghan forgets the body language experts will have a field day with this.. She has dug a hole she can't get out of.

honolulu90, Sydney, Australia, 51 minutes ago
Wow accuse a woman , a mother, and your own family of bullying on international television when you know full well she is unable to defend herself. Megan is the ultimate bully.

BadByotch69, BlackHole Outerspace, United States, 2 hours ago
Why was nothing mentioned about Meghan's family?? Strange

Romanticlassie, British Columbia, Canada, 2 hours ago
Does anyone remember those two claiming that they had nothing to do with Finding Freedom until it was finally exposed they had lied? Why would anyone believe a word out of their mouths?

PJane, Hobart, Australia, 2 hours ago
MM calls herself a feminist but she named Kate openly to the world but refuses to name the male in the RF who discussed Archies skin colour and potential lack of a title. What how anti-feminist is that. And, shame on Harry too did not Megs say Harry was a feminist too!! How can they do this to another woman. Shocking!!

wen086, Perth, Australia, 2 hours ago
William will be furious that his wife has been dragged into this!

InsertGenericInsult, Rent Free, United States, 1 hour ago
So should we believe the future Queen who does her duty and lives a private life or the unhinged actress social climber who signs million dollar deals with every media outlet whilst crying about being oppressed?

winky3., Southampton, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
As someone who defended these two in the beginning I can honestly say well done to everyone who called her out right away. She is a toxic person. Frankly I hope the pair of them never come back now as I'm not sure they're welcome!

Robin, Toronto Canada, 2 hours ago
Team Kate!

NicolasPepe, Emirates Stadium, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
Prince Charles man up and make sure their titles and HRHs have been vanquished. You owe to your family and the UK at large

TJ, San Antonio, United States, 2 hours ago
He had every resource to get his wife the professional help she needed; the same access he had to professional help when he needed it; the same professional help he tells other people to get when they need it. He cannot name the person who was concerned re how dark his child's skin would be because he knows that was HIS perception of what others were thinking, just as we know his perceptions have always come from his own fragile emotional state and he doesn't listen to anyone, he just assumes

Claire Boden-Wells, Oxford, 47 minutes ago
I feel a little shafted by H&M, as a UK taxpayer there was really no need for that costly, fake 2nd wedding. It's insulting!

Monkier, Bristol, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
If they actually drew back away from the Royal family, for privacy and a less scrutinised life I would have much more respect for both of them. Interviews and mega bucks deals just makes them appear disingenuous, I'm sure both sides have made mistakes, but airing family issues, unfounded accusations just makes them look desperate

hepziba, bk, Puerto Rico, 9 minutes ago
the body language when she responds to that question what a blatant narc liar

cantabman, San francisco, United States, 15 minutes ago
I get it that Harry "wanted out". He could have gotten out. Reject the titles, reject the honoraries, reject the pomp and Royal life. Be a rich Californian and dad. But Meghan (and Harry to a degree) still wanted it all
This is so strange that you think random, anonymous internet comments are... evidence of something? Persuasive? Meaningful in some way?

Am I missing your point? Because I could easily cherry pick a dozen comments from strangers in support of them.

TipsyTraveler, DISboards, 2 minutes ago
Kudos to Kate for apologizing and sending flowers that time she made Meghan cry right before her wedding.

It doesn’t mean anything. :confused3

This is so strange that you think random, anonymous internet comments are... evidence of something? Persuasive? Meaningful in some way?

Am I missing your point? Because I could easily cherry pick a dozen comments from strangers in support of them.

TipsyTraveler, DISboards, 2 minutes ago
Kudos to Kate for apologizing and sending flowers that time she made Meghan cry right before her wedding.

It doesn’t mean anything. :confused3
Go ahead!

There will easily be tens of thousands of Comments by morning and the vast majority, from all over the world, are not favorable.

Oh, come on! You seemed to be predicting it would be rather boring, and used an outburst about the Queen as an example. Though they may not have dissed the Queen (which was probably smart on their parts) they sure threw the rest of the RF under the bus! (Unnamed, of course). I am pretty shocked here myself! 😵 Previous interviews have been pretty mild in comparison.
They were both glowing about the queen, Meghan said she likes Kate, and Harry gave very PC answers about his relationships with his father and brother. Some of their answers didn’t cast the institution as a whole in the best light, but they didn’t single anyone out to drag them through the dirt. They were more protective of racist family members who said ugly things about their child than I ever would have been, that’s for sure,

They were both glowing about the queen, Meghan said she likes Kate, and Harry gave very PC answers about his relationships with his father and brother. Some of their answers didn’t cast the institution as a whole in the best light, but they didn’t single anyone out to drag them through the dirt. They were more protective of racist family members who said ugly things about their child than I ever would have been, that’s for sure,
Why didn’t they call them out? It seemed to be the perfect time to do that!

Personally I think Harry has a lot of unresolved anger toward his father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter