Is it possible to do a day trip between Shibuya and Universal Japan. ?

MimitoAlex

Mouseketeer
So I know I haven't finished my trip other report, and here I am asking questions for another trip... LOL

So DD mentioned that she would really like to go to Universal. It would have to be a day trip for sure and pretty much know the Nozomi would be the fastest way.

Has anyone ever done this.? Can it be done?

We would go for the front of the line passes for sure... Can it be done?

If so, could you kinda map it out for me? We are staying in Shibuya.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Even on the Nozomi, it would take about 2 hours 40 minutes to 3 hours. It's probably doable but not sure I would recommend doing that. Seems like a lot of hassle and not a lot of time in the park.

It can be done, but it sounds like a miserably long day to me, with ~6+ hours of round trip travel time plus a full day at the park. From Shibuya station I’d take the Yamanote line to Shinagawa station and catch the Nozomi train to Shin-Osaka station. From there I’d probably just catch a taxi to USJ to avoid an extra train transfer, but it’s not too hard to do the rest by train too.

It looks like on weekdays the earliest Nozomi train leaves Shinagawa at 6:00 AM on weekdays, so you could probably be in USJ by 9:00 or 9:30 if you woke up at the crack of dawn. The last train back to Tokyo is pretty late in the day, so you can get a full-ish day in, especially if you buy an Express Pass.

I would not do it, USJ also closes pretty early, and arriving even at 9:30 means most rides will be filling up. You could try an express pass but they are notoriously difficult to book overseas on the USJ site. Your only option for express pass is basically klook which randomizes the time slot.

Technically possible, but don’t recommend. Nozomi plus local trains will add up to almost eight hours of travel. Plus a full day in the park? No thank you.

Thanks everyone for the info, I kinda thought so, I just wondered if I was missing something.

Thanks again.

Thanks everyone for the info, I kinda thought so, I just wondered if I was missing something.

Thanks again.

The only thing you're missing is the option to take a taxi to Haneda to take the first flight to Itami. You can wake up like an hour later if you do that since the flight is only about an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter