• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it possible to eat outside at Rose and Crown without a Fireworks package?

herrmannpt

Mouseketeer
We will be there next week. My dad’s favorite restaurant is Rose and Crown. We have 7:30 reservations. Really hoping to dine outside, mostly for COVID reasons as my Mom has chronic health conditions, but also to see Harmonious. I tried to snag the fireworks dining package but no luck. Are all the outdoor tables reserved for that package or are there still some for regular reservations? My mother will be in a power scooter, if that makes a difference. She would be able to walk a short distance to a table.

Not 100% sure, but my thoughts are from having the dining package and I would say you would probably not be seated outside. Especially if you are planning to stay seated at R & C for the fireworks. They did use all of the outside tables for the package. YMMV

In the past, if the weather cooperated you might have a chance. Supposedly the dining package tables are down on the patio - out in the open. The tables on the covered deck above were still available for regular ADR's unless it is raining as they will move the dining package folks up to the deck. I realize the previous posters are saying that all of the outside tables are being used for the package, so maybe that has changed and they are reserving the deck for the package as well now :confused3.

Still, it's worth a shot. The one time we watched Illuminations from the deck it was a fabulous view. However, I'm not sure how good it will be for Harmonious. You aren't going to have a great view of the central "Stargate" thing. But, you should get a nice view of the fireworks.

Good luck!

In the past, if the weather cooperated you might have a chance. Supposedly the dining package tables are down on the patio - out in the open. The tables on the covered deck above were still available for regular ADR's unless it is raining as they will move the dining package folks up to the deck. I realize the previous posters are saying that all of the outside tables are being used for the package, so maybe that has changed and they are reserving the deck for the package as well now :confused3.

Still, it's worth a shot. The one time we watched Illuminations from the deck it was a fabulous view. However, I'm not sure how good it will be for Harmonious. You aren't going to have a great view of the central "Stargate" thing. But, you should get a nice view of the fireworks.

Good luck!
That was not my experience. People with the dining package were on both levels. We were seated on covered deck and had the package as did everyone around us.

It's easy enough to grab food and drinks in to go containers and grab an outside table, if you can find one. Park someone at a table, then send someone inside for food and drinks (multiples, if necessary). This might be tougher the closer you get to fireworks, but that's what we have done. We also like the the table near the phone booth that has ZERO view of the fireworks, so YMMV.

That was not my experience. People with the dining package were on both levels. We were seated on covered deck and had the package as did everyone around us.
Thanks for the info! I guess they must have changed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter