Is It Possible?

Am I really the only one thinking-skimp on the wedding to pay for Disney?
Probably. A wedding is (hopefully) a once in a lifetime event. Disney will always be there. I'd skip Disney to make sure that a wedding is everything dreamed of....Oh wait! I actually am skipping Disney trips to make my daughter's wedding memorable. We rented out all of this year's DVC points in order to help pay for the wedding.

No, you aren't. I was thinking about my niece's wedding. She and my sister are very frugal but my sister would have spent a lot more for her only daughter's wedding. My niece got engaged in July and married at the end of September the same year. She bought a very pretty dress off the rack, had the wedding and reception at the same place, made all her own invitations, decorations, etc. The wedding was gorgeous but she had some very definite ideas of things she believed were ridiculous to pay a lot for. She had a dessert bar with home made pies, cookies, cupcakes, etc that was amazing. A friend's mom made a small decorated cake as a centerpiece for them to cut. Her husband is a musician in his spare time so some friends of his provided music for the ceremony. She kept the guest list to around 100. It was just very nice. my sister and her husband helped pay for them to go on a 3 day cruise for a honeymoon because they didn't have money to pay for it on their own. Since they kept the wedding expenses so reasonable, they were willing to do that for them. My BIL has many many airline miles so he took care of their airfare and he got them a room in Miami for a night before the cruise with hotel points. The cruise itself was inexpensive and I'm not sure who paid for that.

So yes, there may be ways for you to economize on the wedding, or if someone wants to give you a gift and asks what you really want, tell them you would love to take a honeymoon. Maybe they will want to contribute towards that.

My fiance and I are getting married next November (2019) so money is VERY tight due to wedding savings. My question is, would it be possible to plan a trip for under $1000 (air hotel park tix food)? I've tried every combo but it really seems impossible. We are total disnerds and want to go even if for a weekend or so. Should I be checking certain websites or anything? I know its very unlikely.

As others have stated here, this is possible with CC rewards. Hop on over to the I LOVE CREDIT CARDS thread. There are many knowledgeable people there who can tell you how to do it.
You can also earn rewards and discounted Disney gift cards. Check out the threads on that too (Swagbucks thread and Discounted Disney Cards thread).

I'm going to add one more suggestion. If you buy anything online, go through ebates. Especially with planning a wedding you may end up online a lot! You can get a percent back on things you buy if there is a link on ebates for the particular site you are buying from. You will get a check every 3 months. Put that money aside to add to your vacation fund.

Well you don't even know how much they are spending for their wedding anyways. Kinda hard to give advice on skimping on a wedding if they may be already doing that. Or if their wedding is being partially paid for by someone else but they need to come up with some money for some things, etc. All the information we know is that "money is VERY tight due to wedding savings".

this guy lmao. But seriously thank you so much for the help guys. I'm really not trying to open a credit line for this trip however. We may in all likelyhood be looking at a delayed trip until post wedding / honeymoon unfortunately

If you're willing to look into other Orlando options, @TamaraQT shared an awesome deal she got for around $150 pp that includes Aquatica, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, & Islands of Adventure. I believe her deal included unlimited visits to these parks. And just for some info: Busch Gardens provides free daily transfers from Orlando/Kissimee. And you guys could still visit WDW property to get your Disney fix!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter