• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it really $60pp for breakfast at CRT?

It's overpriced for the food you get in my opinion. Now that my kid's are getting older and my DD is out of the "princess phase" I planned on skipping it, but they both want to go again. Something about getting to eat in the castle that keeps us coming back. I miss having the option of a castle meal without the characters though, especially now that the kids are older. Would love to be able to have the castle dining experience without the "rushed" feel of a character meal.

You could try out that $500/person chefs dinner they are hosting in January! :) :) :) :)

While it is expensive, I think it's worth it to do once, as it is the only way to get inside the castle, and is very magical! Girls get a wand and boys get a sword, and there is a special wishing ceremony. Pretty views of Fantasyland from above as well. It does include the gratuity as mentioned above, making it a little better.;) We have always done brft as it is the cheapest, and we all enjoy brft food. Only did it once as whole family, and then again just mother & daughter after BBB. We pay OOP as well, since not worth 2 TS credits for us. We did do Akershus after that, and it did not compare in atmosphere for us, and DD asked to go back to castle.

It has gone up significantly since our first time in 2008, when it was around $35-40 for adults, and our kids were still kid priced, and that seemed like a lot! We will probably only go again if DD(now 13) really wants to for a special occasion. She would probably rather do lunch w/keeper at AKL since she is focused on becoming a vet! TH brft is her favorite must-do, followed by CP(my fave!) which are both much more reasonable thankfully!

I agree that it is worth it to do it once. While we still go every year, I can remember my kid's faces on their first meal there about 13 years ago. It was one of the highlights of our trip and both my daughter and son talked about it for a long time. As much as many places in WDW are ridiculously overpriced, this is the one venue that I think is really worth the cost. It is not about the food.

For years, it was AYCTE, and then several years ago, it was still AYCTE but they stopped telling you that, and wouldn't offer that info unless you asked. I would usually get two of the breakfast dishes. Then sometime in 2015, I think it was, it really did become "one-and-done". Now I haven't been back since this change, so it's possible that if one asks for seconds, they'll bring them. But that's now contrary to the "official" policy.
I was thinking about trying for a CRT reservation in November since we've never been, and it would be neat to eat in the castle. We will be in the dining plan so maybe the cost is a bit more palatable than paying out of pocket, but it doesn't sound like it. I'm shocked/surprised that breakfast isn't AYCE in light of the cost. $60 (or 2 dining credits) for a single serving breakfast is outrageous, unless you are looking at lobster, crab, steak, etc.

Is the place in Epcot the only other place for Princess dining besides the castle?

Try dinner at the Grand Floridian. They have a meal called "Ever After" or something like that. It was one of our favorites both for characters and food. Huge buffet with a large assortment so everyone has something they like. Characters are Cinderella, Prince, step-mother, and step-sisters. They not only come to your table but the prince and Cinderella have a dance and the "steps" run around causing trouble. It was a lot of fun. Costs less than the Castle as well but is still very gorgeous inside. When we went, we got a picture with Cinderella included not sure if that is still part of the deal though.

Is the place in Epcot the only other place for Princess dining besides the castle?

I think that if you have a real Princess fan having a meal inteh Castle is worth it. I do find dinner to be a better value, especially if you are using the DDP. I also like Akershus breakfast. It is AYCTE, and is very good. I htink Breakfast is about even with CRT once you add tax and tip though.

DD and I went for breakfast in Dec. We had lovely meal with great service and terrific princess interaction. It was more food than we could eat. We both had the traditional breakfast but weren't really interested in the fruit or pastries. The atmosphere is what we pay for. Our only complaint is always the check in process, so annoying. Every other restaurant wants you to arrive a few minutes early but here they refuse to allow you to check in even 1 minute early. I find it bizarre. Now that DD is 12 it's not a must-do thing every year like it was when she was younger but we still try to get an ADR every trip.

It's overpriced, but you are paying for the experience in the castle and the princesses...not the food. That being said, their breakfast is pretty good. I don't have any complaints, and we have done it many times.

Keep in mind that it includes tax and tip. By my calculation, that makes Akershus about the same price as CRT.

I can't speak to eating at CRT (my daughter is small, so we plan to keep eating in the castle until she can remember) but I have always heard the food was lacking. We did Akershus breakfast this summer and the food and princess interaction was amazing. I loved everything I ate and the princess parade with the little girls was adorable.

I tend to have a prosaic outlook with these meals. I, absolutely, would not spend the money. I'm tempted by the expensive brunches at CG and Narcoosee's, because the food and experience sound wonderful, but won't do those either. Everything at WDW is expensive but I have to draw the line, somewhere. Character stuff and "The Castle" don't offer a return on my investment like it would for other families. My kids aren't impressed. Their blasé attitude is a big downer when dropping a bunch of cash on OK food.

Now I don't feel so bad that we have brunch at the California Grill reserved for next trip for DD and me. At $80, you get unlimited mimosas and lots of better choices (sushi, lobster benedict, etc).

CRT never appealed to me, but wow, that is a lot for regular breakfast food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter