Is it really that difficult to get FP for FOP?

tinkb

Earning My Ears
I'm nearing my 60 day mark and getting nervous about getting the FOP FP. I will be waiting the second the booking opens. Do I stand a chance of getting FP's?

Also, different topic but can anyone give me a quick rundown of how ride swapper works? We'll have our 6yo, 2yo and 1yo with us. I'm thinking the 6yo will be able to ride but obviously not the younger two. Would the 6yo get to go twice or would DH or myself have to ride alone?

I couldn't get a fast pass for fop at the beginning of my trip but was able to get one at my end of my trip 7 days later. I tried the minute my 60 day started

Yes, it's that hard. Move your AK day to at least four days after you check in to be safest.

I'm nearing my 60 day mark and getting nervous about getting the FOP FP. I will be waiting the second the booking opens. Do I stand a chance of getting FP's?

Also, different topic but can anyone give me a quick rundown of how ride swapper works? We'll have our 6yo, 2yo and 1yo with us. I'm thinking the 6yo will be able to ride but obviously not the younger two. Would the 6yo get to go twice or would DH or myself have to ride alone?
Rider swap passes can be used for up to 3 people total, so you're 6yo can ride twice.

yes. I couldn't find a FP for just the two of us, but we have a short trip. I'm very nervous about our other trip in November/Dec. as it's a five day trip and there are six of us. Not counting on finding any.

I was lucky enough to get one the minute my 60 day window opened but not for the time I wanted. Have been trying to change it every day so far (leaving in 31 days) and haven't been able to get a different time. in fact, nothing has been available at all every time I check. I have been able to tweak my times for 7DMT at least. :(

yes. I couldn't find a FP for just the two of us, but we have a short trip. I'm very nervous about our other trip in November/Dec. as it's a five day trip and there are six of us. Not counting on finding any.

Try to schedule AK at least four days after check-in and book in groups of two, trying for overlapping times.

We had no problem whatsoever getting 6 fp+ for fop at the 60 day window at exactly the days and times we needed. One for our first day. ( August 1st), one the evening of day 6 and the other our final Morning ( day 10).
Booked them through the MDE app in the first few hours after the fp+ window opened.

We had no problem whatsoever getting 6 fp+ for fop at the 60 day window at exactly the days and times we needed. One for our first day. ( August 1st), one the evening of day 6 and the other our final Morning ( day 10).
Booked them through the MDE app in the first few hours after the fp+ window opened.

It's harder now than it was early in the summer.

I didn't have any trouble. I was able to get one for day 3 and day 6. One was available for day 2 but we have a BOG reservation on that day. And I didn't log on when my 60 day window opened. I had it in my head that the next day was 60 days. I logged on around 2pm Florida time. Of course, we are going at the beginning of September with fairly low crowds. Good luck!

Was able to get one for the 5th and 6th day of our trip. No na'vi river was available and only one time was available for the whole two days.. a bit crazy! But get it for the end of your trip and make sure it is the first thing you go for out of all your FP selections.

Wondering how difficult it will be when we book ours. Our AK day is 4 days after check in but its a Saturday, any chance we'll be able to get FP?

No luck for me for two people on our fourth day for mid-October. If you have a five day or more trip, you'll probably have better luck, and like everyone says, move your AK day late in the trip.

My FP+ window opened today. I was on right at 7 a.m. Eastern and was able to secure FOP for 5 of us at the exact time I wanted on the fifth day of our vacation. There were lots of times to choose from on this day, even in the morning, within the first 10 minutes of the booking window open. I didn't check any other days of our trip.

I just went through this twice - once for a 4-day trip at the beginning of September and just now for a 6-day trip mid-to-late October ... It is getting harder and harder!! Oh, also did it in June for a 6-day and had no problem whatsoever getting FP+ for FoP on our first day and later in the trip at the times we wanted

I was only looking to book fastpass for FoP - we did Navi in June, and I personally could care less if i go on it again - I'll always settle for trying standby - We are a party of 2 so there may be more availability for our small party size vs. family trips

September trip ... closing time of AK is 9:00 pm
1st and 2nd day nothing - Saturday and Sunday
3rd day Monday EMH AK am - had to settle for night-time FP for FoP
4th day our departure day wanted mid-day FP for FoP - and that's what I was able to get - all morning fastpass were gone

October trip ... closing time of AK is 7:00 pm
1st day Thurs MNSSHP day - none
2nd day Fri MNSSHP day - none
3rd day Sat - none
4th day Sun MNSSHP day - late-afternoon onward, fair number of slots
5th day Mon EMH AK am - grabbed first slot available 12:05 pm, wanted early morning and so did everyone else (plan was ropedrop FoP and 2nd ride right after w/fp) - pretty open availablity otherwise, kept trying to move the fp up and by later in the day only 4:30 pm and later was available
6th day Tues departure day - could have had any slot I wanted - chose 9:30 am, checked this morning and still fair number of slots with earliest being 9:30 and lots of mid-morning slots are missing

Lots of details - hopefully they help someone - I think we are seeing the difficulty of booking these FoP becoming even tighter than during the summer because the closing time of AK keeps getting earlier and crowds increasing for the fall months. In June AK had a scheduled closing time of 11:00 pm vs. October's time of 7:00 pm - that is an awful lot of lost FP+ slots!!

I think it may be easier to get an FoP fp for MK party days.
I think it is harder to get an FoP fp on AK EMH am days.
I would not count on getting a fastpass on 3rd day or earlier.

I just went through this twice - once for a 4-day trip at the beginning of September and just now for a 6-day trip mid-to-late October ... It is getting harder and harder!! Oh, also did it in June for a 6-day and had no problem whatsoever getting FP+ for FoP on our first day and later in the trip at the times we wanted

I was only looking to book fastpass for FoP - we did Navi in June, and I personally could care less if i go on it again - I'll always settle for trying standby - We are a party of 2 so there may be more availability for our small party size vs. family trips

September trip ... closing time of AK is 9:00 pm
1st and 2nd day nothing - Saturday and Sunday
3rd day Monday EMH AK am - had to settle for night-time FP for FoP
4th day our departure day wanted mid-day FP for FoP - and that's what I was able to get - all morning fastpass were gone

October trip ... closing time of AK is 7:00 pm
1st day Thurs MNSSHP day - none
2nd day Fri MNSSHP day - none
3rd day Sat - none
4th day Sun MNSSHP day - late-afternoon onward, fair number of slots
5th day Mon EMH AK am - grabbed first slot available 12:05 pm, wanted early morning and so did everyone else (plan was ropedrop FoP and 2nd ride right after w/fp) - pretty open availablity otherwise, kept trying to move the fp up and by later in the day only 4:30 pm and later was available
6th day Tues departure day - could have had any slot I wanted - chose 9:30 am, checked this morning and still fair number of slots with earliest being 9:30 and lots of mid-morning slots are missing

Lots of details - hopefully they help someone - I think we are seeing the difficulty of booking these FoP becoming even tighter than during the summer because the closing time of AK keeps getting earlier and crowds increasing for the fall months. In June AK had a scheduled closing time of 11:00 pm vs. October's time of 7:00 pm - that is an awful lot of lost FP+ slots!!

I think it may be easier to get an FoP fp for MK party days.
I think it is harder to get an FoP fp on AK EMH am days.
I would not count on getting a fastpass on 3rd day or earlier.

Amen on all of this! I've booked FPs for multiple trips (the first one opening weekend), and have noticed big changes since spring. It's getting tougher and tougher with shorter hours (and I think, as the general public hears how great the ride is).

For some unexplained reason, I was able to book my Fp the night before my 60 day window was supposed to open. I was able to get FoP FP for day 5 after our arrival (for 2 people) for our October trip, and for a relatively early time (12:05). It's a Monday early entry day (not a MNSSHP day)

For some unexplained reason, I was able to book my Fp the night before my 60 day window was supposed to open. I was able to get FoP FP for day 5 after our arrival (for 2 people) for our October trip, and for a relatively early time (12:05). It's a Monday early entry day (not a MNSSHP day)
That happened to me randomly once too! It was a room-only with separate tickets. I try it every time now, but it was probably 3-4 trips ago, and no luck since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter