Is it really that hot in the summer?

I agree with all of this, but I would add to bring a very light cardigan, light cotton jacket or something for when you are inside - as hot as it is outside, the AC is no joke! Not complaining, it’s just that when you are going from no clothes because of the heat to inside temps of arctic proportion, ya gonna need something, just sayin’!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Just got back a week ago.

It was HOT. Miserably hot. And I like hot lol.

We basically rope dropped, used our fastpasses and left to rest/swim. Then went back at night. We could have done a lot more without the heat. I don’t know that I would do summer again.

I wore sleeveless and tank tops and I was still roasting.

Summer is VERY hot in Florida. Don't forget Disney also involves a LOT of walking/crowds and being out in the sun. That is a lot different from relaxing on your shaded patio with a cool drink. Personally, would never go to Disney that time of the year. OP is likely to end up with heat exhaustion if they wear the clothes they were describing.

Who would have thought a thread would get to 5 pages with the question, "Is Florida hot in the summer and should I wear pants?"
:DI've seen some good product suggestions in this thread. So even though I didn't ask the question (and already knew the answer), I've definitely gotten some unexpectedly good info.

:DI've seen some good product suggestions in this thread. So even though I didn't ask the question (and already knew the answer), I've definitely gotten some unexpectedly good info.

I know I read them, but I still think it's funny the way the question was couched originally!

Lol yes it's very hot and humid. I'll admit that I wear hockey jerseys to the parks even in the summer, but I was born and raised in this swampy land so I'm used to it and I always wear shorts with them. If you really need to wear long sleeves you can wear a lighter t-shirt that has sleeves and is designed for UV protection. I don't suggest ever wearing a jacket and long pants in the summer especially if you aren't used to the weather. You could legitimately die, no joke. Sunscreen is your friend.

Last edited:

It is hot, but not as hot as August. I find 70 to be a bit cooler and wear a jacket. I won't swim unless it's 80, and am not comfortable temperature wise swimming unless it's almost 90. We live a few hours from Disney where it's still hot and humid, I agree it's what your used to......but unless it's rainy, and overcast I highly doubt you'll be wanting pants and a jacket in June.

Going to WDW in late June, and my plan is to wear long pants, a jacket, and a large hat in the parks everyday because I get sunburn easily. I’ve never been in Florida that time of year. Is it really as hot as people that talk about how hot it is say? I tend to be a little cold in air conditioning so maybe I’ll be ok?

Not that this will necessarily limit your UV exposure(and henceforth a sun-burn), a good way to avoid the worst of the heat is a mid-day break. Hit parks for rope drop (every day), stay in the park until 11-1 (pending your comfort, then go back to your resort to rest in the pool (or I’d assume by your question, inside in the AC). Then go back to the park in the evening. So if you’re going to be extra layers you could at least limit your heat exposure that way. Just a thought...

We were there in the beginning of June this year and we hit days in the mid-90s. It's a bit warmer than normal but it's not uncommon to have upper 80's at the end of June.

We wore shorts and t-shirts and used a 50 SPF on everything but our faces which we used a 70.

I do think the heat is relative to where you are coming from and what you are used to. We were coming from the colder (or at least cooler) part of the country and the heat was just miserable

We just got back. YES! it is very hot in the summer. never again. November through march or april for us only.
(We went in July because only time granddaughter could go, summer break.)

It's very hot, but the humidity is what really can get to people. We love going in the summer but our whole family likes the heat (the humidity not as much but it's very humid where we live so we're used to it) and we set up our schedule around it-park at rope drop, back to the hotel for pool time/naps in the afternoons when it's at it's hottest, and back to the parks for evenings.

So what did Jeremy end up wearing in the hot humid Florida weather?

I mean, it’s 84 in Connecticut right now. It’s 86 in Orlando right now. It’s summer. It’s pretty much hot wherever you go. Jacket? Long pants? OMG. I would pass out.

Wear sunscreen. It works like a charm, even on my pale Irish/Swedish skin.

So what did Jeremy end up wearing in the hot humid Florida weather?

I mean, it’s 84 in Connecticut right now. It’s 86 in Orlando right now. It’s summer. It’s pretty much hot wherever you go. Jacket? Long pants? OMG. I would pass out.

Wear sunscreen. It works like a charm, even on my pale Irish/Swedish skin.
Seeing this thread pop up again, I’d also like to know how things turned our for Jeremy and if HE thought it was super hot.

It was so hot I got a little sunburned even WITH sunscreen slathered on constantly.
Of course my granddaughter tanned like a little raisin.

It's Florida, it's hot, it's humid, even miserable outside. Why do you think Snowbirds leave FL in May to head back north?

Manage your outside time; try 2 hours outside followed by 30 minutes inside. Plenty of air con shops and snack venues to duck into.

Also, return to hotel/campsite for a pool break during peak sun Noon - 3PM, although the "high misery factor" starts as early as 10AM.

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Limit alcohol intake to hours that the sun is NOT shining.

A hat is good, better than a sun visor which lets the sun burn your scalp. Mesh is best to keep the air flowing and the heat escaping from your noggin.

To me, sunscreen is the same as wearing long sleeves or long pants. It covers up your skin pores preventing the all essential evaporation to cool your skin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter