• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it safe to leave a laptop in the room while in Parks?

maepartner

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=deepp
Its not that I think it will be stolen....but my first experience in a hotel was that money was stolen from beneath my underwear, lol when I was 20 yrs old.....It just gives me pause as I would be lost without my puter :) Thanks Mae :pinkbounc

Hey Mary! You could always drop your puter off at the front desk and have them put it in thier safe! I don't think anything would happen to it if you put it in your suitcase and left it in the room but you never know.

oh thanks Jenny :) I didnt know they would do that, that s what I WILL do :) youre the best! Mae

I always bring my laptop with me, and have never had a problem with it being taken. The majority of times, I keep it in a "safe place" (locked inside my luggage, which I place in the hotel room's closet), but occasionally I leave it in plain view (on the nightstand, etc.). You should be okay. :)

I've brought mine on a couple of trips and never had a problem. I never left it out of the case, though.

We've never had any problems with ours. DH has a backpack with a laptop case in it, and we leave it in there. I don't think anyone would even look through a backpack because they'd just expect to find books. I'd leave it in a suitcase if you have a regular case.

I had an expensive bracelet left out and it was stolen. I don't want any flames for this because everyone will say it was my fault but I didn't remember that I left it out. But we are going to bring our laptop and just lock it in our suitcase while we are gone.
Most of the time we don't get our room cleaned because of my lack of trust but that is my issue.:jester:

Another option you have is getting a laptop cable. That way, you can secure it to something in the room that isn't removable.

I dont know if that is a good idea, it might walk, so to say.

When we went last November we put the laptop in the suitcase every day before we left the room and had no problems. Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter