Is it too soon to start planning a trip in 2016?

DLPaddict

Disney Dreamer
I recently visited Tokyo Disney Resort last May for 4 days, it was a group trip and our activities were already planned out for us by TDR.

So I'm now planning to go back in 2016 for 2 weeks, I know I'm unable to book flights and hotels till middle and end of next year. But is it really too early to start planning?

Are there any Tokyo Disney blogs in English where I can find food reviews etc and reliable hotel reviews?

As everything was taken care of before, it's really all brand new to me to do this by myself. So I'm a bit scared.

I would love to know any reviews from anybody who has used the Airport Limousine bus to reach the hotel from the Airport, or how easy it is to navigate on the metro/subway.

Thanks in advance :goodvibes

Hi DLPaddict, good luck with your planning. I'm hoping to return in 2016 too, after having such a wonderful time there. :)

I've done both the bus and the subway. The bus is incredibly easy. You exit after clearing customs and the place to buy tickets is literally directly across from you. It doesn't run as often as the subway, and the last departure is around 5PM, so based on when you arrive may not be a good option.

The subway is easy too. Signage is in both Japanese and English, so finding where to buy tickets and then where to catch the train isn't difficult. There is a LOT of walking though -- especially the transfer at Tokyo Station. There's English signage within the cars so you can tell where to get off.

I haven't seen a comparison on all the hotels, but one good site that recently posted a lot of Tokyo info is the "Disney Tourist Blog" .com. I've stayed at the Sheraton and at MiraCosta, so can answer some questions about those. The subway is good enough that it'd be easy to stay in other parts of Tokyo and commute to the parks, so that's something to consider.

Hi DLPaddict, good luck with your planning. I'm hoping to return in 2016 too, after having such a wonderful time there. :)

I've done both the bus and the subway. The bus is incredibly easy. You exit after clearing customs and the place to buy tickets is literally directly across from you. It doesn't run as often as the subway, and the last departure is around 5PM, so based on when you arrive may not be a good option.

The subway is easy too. Signage is in both Japanese and English, so finding where to buy tickets and then where to catch the train isn't difficult. There is a LOT of walking though -- especially the transfer at Tokyo Station. There's English signage within the cars so you can tell where to get off.

I haven't seen a comparison on all the hotels, but one good site that recently posted a lot of Tokyo info is the "Disney Tourist Blog" .com. I've stayed at the Sheraton and at MiraCosta, so can answer some questions about those. The subway is good enough that it'd be easy to stay in other parts of Tokyo and commute to the parks, so that's something to consider.

Thankyou for your reply!:goodvibes

I had planned on booking either the Mystay Hotel or The Hilton on Tokyo Bay. As much as I would die to stay in the Miracosta. It's not going to happen anytime this century :rotfl:

How far away is the centre of Tokyo from TDR? I had also hoped to visit Puroland aswell.

There is so much to think about, where last time I was taken care off the minute I stepped off the plane. I don't even recall seeing a sign for the Limousine buses, but then again we arrived very late at night and I was finding it hard to keep my eyes open lol.

DLPaddict said:
How far away is the centre of Tokyo from TDR? I had also hoped to visit Puroland aswell.

It's about 15 minutes on the subway from Tokyo station to Maihama, which is where you can connect to the monorail. After that it's 5 minutes or so to the parks.

They've got a good info page up at http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/access/train_bus/index.html. If you're staying elsewhere in the city, just add in travel time to Tokyo station. It's a very easy trip to make.

we arrived very late at night and I was finding it hard to keep my eyes open lol.

I know that feeling! The excitement of being close to Disney can help keep you awake, though.:cool1:

I've taken trains several times and once took the bus from Disney to Narita.

The bus is easier because you have no walking and you don't have to keep track of anything. I love trains in Japan but you'll be dealing with crowds and watching signs and you might not get a seat. The bus is the no stress way to go.

i would be happy to plan with you if you'd consider a planning buddy to bounce ideas off any help at all ?

we are planning our First Trip for the spring of 2016 and i haven't the first clue of what i'm doing or where to start :confused3

my dh does little in terms of holiday planning with the exception of filling the car with fuel on the way to the airport :(

we usually holiday in wdw, France or enjoy a Disney cruise all of which seem very easy compared to the planning this one is going to take and if i'm super honest i am very, very scared so a planning buddy would be a great help

what do you think ???

Marie :)

Hi mazz1, congrats on your upcoming trip! I know it's going to be awesome.

I'd be happy to help with bouncing ideas and being a planning buddy for your trip. I'm in the early stages of planning a return for 2016; I think I've just about convinced my wife to go...:)

I recently visited Tokyo Disney Resort last May for 4 days, it was a group trip and our activities were already planned out for us by TDR.

So I'm now planning to go back in 2016 for 2 weeks, I know I'm unable to book flights and hotels till middle and end of next year. But is it really too early to start planning?

Are there any Tokyo Disney blogs in English where I can find food reviews etc and reliable hotel reviews?

As everything was taken care of before, it's really all brand new to me to do this by myself. So I'm a bit scared.

I would love to know any reviews from anybody who has used the Airport Limousine bus to reach the hotel from the Airport, or how easy it is to navigate on the metro/subway.

Thanks in advance :goodvibes
Don't sweat doin it on your own. You've already been there once so you know what to expect. Since its so far away…2016? right? I highly recommend that you save some dollars between now and then and stay at the Miracosta at least one night and also stay at the Ambassador at least one night….say at the last two days of your stay..the rest of the time stay at Tokyo Bay Hilton…The Hilton is around $300 a night and the onsite hotels are about $250 more depending when you go…save that extra $500 between now and then and splurge on the hotels.. and you will be glad you did.. being right inside Disneysea is just so wonderful. And the Ambassador is loaded with pixy dust and very beautiful art deco. Heres some sites to help you plan and dream away.
http://disneytravelbabble.com/trip-reports/tokyo-disney/
http://konnichiwamickey.wordpress.com
one more..and Dis is blocking their site and it is very weird. try it this way because its a great blog and very helpful…just take out the number 7s and you will have the link.
d7i7s7n7e7y7t7o7u7r7i7s7t7b7l7o7g
and then its dot com
go to trip reports and find the tokyo stuff
good luck
airport limo service couldn't be easier….just get there before 5pm

Thankyou for your reply!:goodvibes

I had planned on booking either the Mystay Hotel or The Hilton on Tokyo Bay. As much as I would die to stay in the Miracosta. It's not going to happen anytime this century :rotfl:

There is so much to think about, where last time I was taken care off the minute I stepped off the plane. I don't even recall seeing a sign for the Limousine buses, but then again we arrived very late at night and I was finding it hard to keep my eyes open lol.

TDR is about 20-30mins from Tokyo Station, then its a little bit further to get to other parts of Tokyo. Roughly 40-45mins.

Puroland is quite a bit further, probably around 1.5 hours. I live near it and takes me about 1.5 hours to get to TDR, if I hurry.

It's never too early to start planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter