• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it tooo much to ask

I do know what you mean about putting away carts. Just last week, I sprinted with my kids in tow to catch a cart from being blown into another car. I just couldn't stand by and watch it happen. I like to think someone would do the same for me.

But, if people put their cart up in the first place that sort of thing wouldn't happen.

I park way out. I won't even park near the cart drop off, cause people don't always put them in there. They put them nearby and then there goes your car! I don't mind walking a little extra.

I was at Target some time last week...it was a windy day.
As I was pulling out the parking lot, I had to wait while 3 carts sped past.
heheheh...those plastic suckers can really fly.

I'm with the OP though...I don't care WHAT your excuse is...if you use a cart, put it back. Plain and simple. If you are able bodied enough to push a cart around a store, you can return it to the corall in the parking lot.

*gets out popcorn*
love these threads

I have a scratch and dent in my truck from carts. :mad:

It also irritates me when people park next to you, don't look as they're opening their door, then bang their door into your door and leave.

why on earth do you put your kids in the car THEN go put the cart away?

This makes no sense to me. They walk to the store with you to get the cart- or your carry em whateva, why not walk back with em or carry em to get the wagon put back?

I guess ya lost me on this part.

But i agree, I ALWAYS put the wagon back...

fyi, i love the different names- buggy, wagon, cart, etc. makes me giggle

Brandy

I always put the kids in first, esp. if it is cold outside. I would buckle them up in the carseat or put the carseat in its holder, if they were that little. Then I LOCK THE DOOR and go put the cart away. Much easier than unloading groceries and keeping 2 or 3 little ones from running out into traffic or whatever.
I had a van get a big cart scratch once. The repair est. was $600. I called the insurance company and it was sorry, that is not covered under comprehensible($100 deduct.), because the cart COLLIDED with the van it was covered under collision--$500 deductible. Needless to say we did not claim that one.
Robin M.

:rolleyes1
OK I am quilty here....
MOST of the time I do it...
But if there is mad snow and I can't even PUSH the cart to my car without getting stuck fifteen times...
sometimes I will put the front weels into a snowbank and go -
I am not a lock the kiddos in the car kinda person (if the oldest - 11 - is with me then ok)- I make them go with me to drop the cart off and go back.

My kids are 2 and 3 and I put them in the car, in their carseats, before I take the cart back because it's next to impossible to walk safely through a parking lot with both of them. I also go get a cart before I get them out of the car. I don't think this makes me a bad mom. I never see people drag their kids with them to return their cart.

I always return my cart. I get frustrated at Publix because they only have one cart return. I think that the theory is that they don't need as many since they carry your groceries out, but I don't let them do that for me. I have kids in my cart, and I don't want some teenager in charge of their safety in a busy parking lot. I know they'd probably be fine, but I can't expect anyone else to guard them with their life like I would.

I don't get why returning your cart is that hard. My kids are 1 and 2, and I just take them with me. I put my groceries in the trunk, then I take the cart with the kids in it to the return. I get the 2 year old out and make him hold onto the rails of the cart return, and then I get the baby out. Then I carry the baby and hold the 2 year old's hand, and we all go back to the car. It's not as easy as shopping was before I had kids, but it's certainly manageable. (I do put them in their carseats first when I park right next to the cart return.)

Here, they make you place 1 Euro in this little contraption on the handle of the cart. it releases the key that connects the cart to the cart in front of it. When you are done shopping and want your Euro back, you have to return the cart and replace the key. Trust me, it works. Don't know of many times I would be willing to lose a whole Euro to avoid replacing the cart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter