Is it true that we are now on AKL LITE Six??!?! Yes, bah-LEE DAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening :) So this is our new home. :goodvibes Looks very nice Kimmar, thank you for putting everything where it needs to be and setting it all up. Hope you and your family are doing well. :hug:

Welcome Back Brandi, you have been missed around here. It seemed REALLY silent with you and Kimmar both away :rolleyes:

I think I made page 2, now that is new record for me. :thumbsup2

Angel16

Is the pool at AKL called Uzima? Does anyone know the hours of operation at the pool and when the lifeguards are on duty?

Wow! Now I know why you love AKL. We had our first stay at the Lodge staying at Jambo. We had two connecting partial savanna rooms and my husband who is a reluctant Disney traveller loved the resort. He always says this is our last time going to Disney but this time he said he wants to return and not bother going to the parks but wants to just hang out at the resort.
We thought the staff was fabulous, especially Annette and Vanessa in bell services who were quite kind when our baggage didn't appear from ME for 14 hours.
We loved the decor in the rooms. Also, we didn't find it took us a long time to get to the parks as many people complain about. Now, we did drive to the parks so we can't comment on the bussing. We stayed at the resort for five days and then switched to the Grand Floridian. Even though we stayed club level in the main building, I didn't enjoy our stay as much at the GF. For me, the only thing it had over the AKL is the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.
On a different topic though, does anyone dislike the smell of the monorails? The smell of them nauseates me. The original monorails with the doors that had to be shut had a more pleasant odour to me.

Good Morning Jamborinis and Kidanites! :goodvibes

Enjoy the Domes!

IMG_0460.jpg

Good Evening :) So this is our new home. :goodvibes Looks very nice Kimmar, thank you for putting everything where it needs to be and setting it all up. Hope you and your family are doing well. :hug:

Welcome Back Brandi, you have been missed around here. It seemed REALLY silent with you and Kimmar both away :rolleyes:

I think I made page 2, now that is new record for me. :thumbsup2

Angel16

Does that mean I am a loud mouth, or just someone who is talkative?:rolleyes1

Is the pool at AKL called Uzima? Does anyone know the hours of operation at the pool and when the lifeguards are on duty?
The pool at Jambo House is called Uzima and the pool at Kidani is called Samawati Springs. Guests of both Jambo and Kidani can use both pools.

I don't know when the lifeguards leave, but neither pool is gated. While they technically close at midnight (I think), if you're quiet, you can probably use them all night!

Hello everyone, I'm a bit of a lurker on this thread. We are headed to Disney and staying at AKL for the first time. I'm have a bit of last minute anxiety, wondering if I made a mistake choosing this resort.

I'm reading some reviews that say it's too isolated, to much walking from point to point, that the buses are always packed and slow, etc.

Could you all be so kind as to tell my why our family will LOVE it?? Many thanks for the pep talk :grouphug:

Here ya go, Kim... MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!!

DSC03165.jpg

Good morning, Jamborinis and Kidanites! :sunny:

And it is REALLY sunny outside today! I think we still have a chance for more rain and thunderstorms but I am enjoying the sunshine for a change! :yay:

Hello everyone, I'm a bit of a lurker on this thread. We are headed to Disney and staying at AKL for the first time. I'm have a bit of last minute anxiety, wondering if I made a mistake choosing this resort.

I'm reading some reviews that say it's too isolated, to much walking from point to point, that the buses are always packed and slow, etc.

Could you all be so kind as to tell my why our family will LOVE it?? Many thanks for the pep talk :grouphug:

The naysayers are always quick to nitpick!! :headache: It's an amazing resort! Yes, isolated which is part of its beauty. The buses are fine. Dedicated to AKL Jambo & Kidani only. I've never had an issue. Any resort bus will be crowded at certain times.

AKL is like a vacation within a vacation for many of us here. Go with the belief that you will love it -- and I bet you will! ;) Lots of activities for the kids; amazing pool; great pool bar........ :cloud9:

Good morning, Jamborinis and Kidanites! :sunny:

And it is REALLY sunny outside today! I think we still have a chance for more rain and thunderstorms but I am enjoying the sunshine for a change! :yay:

Good morning and yay for sunshine!! Enjoy! :goodvibes

:cake: Happy Birthday Kimmar! :cake:

Wow - I disappear for a couple of days and we've moved into our new home. :goodvibes Thanks again for setting this up!

There's just something truly magical about it. We find it to be the most relaxing resort after crazy days at the parks. We couldn't wait to get there after spending a couple of nights at the Contemporary.

We always drive, so while I can't speak to the busses, we've never found that it takes as long as people say to get to the park. I really think we can get to Epcot in five minutes and the MK parking lot in ten. I've never understood the "it's so far away."

Have a great trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter